Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About the Fergus Free Repair Coupon

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited May 4, 2019 in Help
If I repair one point at a time of several items but do it all in one conversation is that one coupon or not?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    If I repair one point at a time of several items but do it all in one conversation is that one coupon or not?

From wiki: The coupon disappears after a single repair is completed, whether the single repair chosen is a "1 Point Repair" or a "Perfect Repair."
  • HelsaHelsa

From wiki: The coupon disappears after a single repair is completed, whether the single repair chosen is a "1 Point Repair" or a "Perfect Repair."

Oh, firetruck; I was really hoping it wasn't that.

It really makes one think at least twice before going to Ferghus to repair for that purpose.
  • HelsaHelsa

It really makes one think at least twice before going to Ferghus to repair for that purpose.

I do use Fergus/Elen for some stuff since they are cheaper than they are zhiddy. For stuff I care about, Edern sure. But I use off-the-shelf un-upgraded stuff too because I expect Fergus to wreck it.

I do use Fergus/Elen for some stuff since they are cheaper than they are zhiddy. For stuff I care about, Edern sure. But I use off-the-shelf un-upgraded stuff too because I expect Fergus to wreck it.

I usually go to Ferhgus to repair tools or items with super high dura.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Ferghus coupons are for perfectly repairing throwaway beam swords. You know, the ones you use because you don't want to break your real gear. Once they're down to 0/0, you toss them.

Of course I get flamed for using beam swords, and for not hitting the max damage I could, and for being too stingy to pay for repairs... but it's basically free weaponry.
    Eralea wrote: »
    Ferghus coupons are for perfectly repairing throwaway beam swords. You know, the ones you use because you don't want to break your real gear. Once they're down to 0/0, you toss them.

Of course I get flamed for using beam swords, and for not hitting the max damage I could, and for being too stingy to pay for repairs... but it's basically free weaponry.

Although it's a dumb strategy, if you have durability hammers readily available, it's worth the risk for beam swords because you can always add durability back if needed.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I usually go to Ferhgus to repair tools or items with super high dura.

Tools I DO upgrade. So I take them to Edern. I don't use the recommended upgrade sequences found in the wiki. Primarily, I avoid the speed upgrades since I haven't found them necessary. This makes upgraded tools relatively inexpensive to repair even from Edern.

In the past I used to use speed upgrades, for gathering knives, and for pickaxes that I would use to specifically harvest from sulfur golems. With Lullaby/Raincloud for example I don't need to be in a big hurry with the Golems. I haven't harvested from Sulfur Golems in along time, but isn't it the case that I can get the same items from the rocks in the sulfur pits? If so this makes the speed upgrades even more pointless for the pickaxe.

As for the speed upgrades on the gathering knife, I have a wolf pet now, so I can just pin the sheep behind obstacles, making the speed upgrade on a gathering knife pointless. I have heard that some folks think this violates EULA. It does not. The rumor originates from an ancient forum post where a user speculated that it might, nothing more, and it's grown from there. Since wolf and those weird sheep pets can be used to move sheep around, the point of the ability is to do so; it can't merely be to allow folks to self incriminate.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Okay, so here's how it works. If you do a single point repair it automatically takes a coupon from your inventory and no gold. If you do a full repair of a single item it automatically takes a coupon from your inventory and no gold. If you do a full repair of all broken equipment it does not take a coupon and makes you pay in gold. I mean, come on, it's friggen Fergus, just let us use the coupon on a full equipment repair, geez already!