Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we please have the VIP update?

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Bought VIP shortly after the Campfire event because it was 50% off and they said "soon in 2019". This is stupid.
    LF>Refund
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited May 28, 2019
    Yep it's almost june now.

Hey uh NA, this is why gaming companies get in trouble you know. You thought the reforge compensation was bad, people are going to start demanding compensation for the services they paid for. This should be considered retroactive. You now owe them 7 months from the date of the sale.

Everything you have done up until now regarding VIP or premium services has been extremely misleading and vague. You led people on to believe that we were getting a VIP update relatively soon. You did so because of the sale, you did so because of what was said at the campfire. People put 2 and 2 together and invested, some people bought 3 years worth of services. But so far 7 months of those services has been has not been fulfilled. People were hopeful but now they are becoming very weary and a lot of them are feeling ripped off.

You know what happens when people feel ripped off financially. You should of been more careful about what was said because then stuff like this happens. If you had no intention of updating the VIP services soon after the sale and campfire event...I would not of mentioned anything about it at the campfire event. But you did and now you have a situation that you need to own up to.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited May 28, 2019
    vgURlFP.png
    math may be wrong here btw basing this off the video since the image that hellkaiser showed was a slide on the power point on there and the campfire event started on dec 1
    Sherri
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 29, 2019
    X0wf4WZ.png

When you realize VIP revamp was at the top of the "Future Updates" list. They were hinting to the sale in the campfire video etc talking about people with current VIP will get updated (LOL?!? If they have any LEFT after waiting 6+ months??). We've gotten everything on the list except G23 (which is probably soon), crossover, and name change (which likely comes with server merge) before the VIP revamp. That includes the server merge that was at the bottom of the list with a question mark next to it. I can't help but be really salty right now. I've tried to keep my opinions about it fairly silent because I know I'm kinda disliked for being a complainer but COME ON! There were too MANY things hinting at the revamp being really soon, and many people that bought the VIP now feel tricked. This is not cool. Haven't been this annoyed since the Battle School Outfit / AP event thing or the Creepy/Haunted released directly after Fierce accessories....

There's only a few bad things Nexon has done that have stuck with me over the years. This will be one of them

giphy.gif

^ me finally snapping about this
    GretaSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 29, 2019
    Okay so they pretty much did every big important update they promised on this game within ~6 months, except Generation 23 and easiest update of them all... VIP Revamp.

That's... interesting. What's stopping them...?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Okay so they pretty much did every big important update they promised on this game within ~6 months, expect Generation 23 and easiest update of them all... VIP Revamp.

That's... interesting. What's stopping them...?

Whatever is happening internally?
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    I just wanted to point out that I too am disappointed and annoyed.

I purchased service back when they had the sale for about 7 - 8 months ahead thinking they were doing this sale to prepare for a potential VIP/Service update. I watched the campfire event and seen all of the different posts alluding to a VIP update, but my service will be expiring soon with no service update in that timeframe. I realize that the Nexon team has probably been fully focusing on this server merge since it's definitely more important than a VIP update imo, however, I expect and hope that when we do get the VIP update we get a few months free, especially those of us (like me) who for the last 10 years have bought service religiously.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 29, 2019
    Just saying players didn't let Bethesda get away with their bs, we shouldn't either. That was really shady of Nexon who alluded us to believe that the VIP update was going to be soon, and by soon we figured like 2-3 months from the campfire event. It was a reasonable assumption based on the information given to us at the time. Which turned out to be very false and I will blatantly say was very scammy...at least from our perspective and our perspective is what matters.

I will accept nothing less than compensation when they finally revamp the services. Everyone should get at least 6 months FREE added to their accounts if they invested during the sale and/or continue to purchase VIP month to month. I will also mention we should get at least that much compensation for never removing the remote administration coupons for years. I am being quite conservative with this compensation suggestion.

:|

Like if you agree. Maybe they will consider it. I really honestly hope they have been considering some kind of compensation for this matter. I like to think they are not that willfully oblivious. I mean c'mon, we know they are not. heh.

:)
    LadameTHICCthighssavelivesAlshianDragoolfire[Deleted User][Deleted User][Deleted User]Radiant DawnWolfsingerCarlizeand 3 others.
  • GretaGreta
    Like if you agree. :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 30, 2019

Well you don't have to. Just trying to get attention for getting players compensation. I mean we don't know if they are going to or not because Nexon is not that transparent. They are only transparent when we force their hand. That's the only reason why we are finally getting all these updates and stuff that we've wanted for YEARS is because we said something about it incessantly.

Well we need to be incessant about this. That was really shady and they need to own up to it. The only solution is compensation.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Gaea wrote: »

Well you don't have to. Just trying to get attention for getting players compensation. I mean we don't know if they are going to or not because Nexon is not that transparent. They are only transparent when we force their hand. That's the only reason why we are finally getting all these updates and stuff that we've wanted for YEARS is because we said something about it incessantly.

Well we need to be incessant about this. That was really shady and they need to own up to it. The only solution is compensation.

I would just be happy to see the update actually come out, didn't even bother buying that sale cause Nexon always has a excuse to delay certain things. literally every version of mabi has better premium services/VIP then we do. the NA team probably assumed Nexon KR would give us that update early 2019 and Nexon KR just kept delaying it for fun. this would be a easy update, far less work then adding something like G22 and Korea has had better VIP for at least 5 years maybe even longer then that. it seems pretty clear that Nexon KR just likes watching us suffer for as long possible with this update. either way after the server merge those name change coupons will probably be their top priority so don't expect VIP to be updated until at least July or later.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Just saying we should of had the VIP update at the beginning of the year considering the stuff their staff said and the sale at the time.
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 30, 2019
    Good luck getting anything from Nexon lol.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited May 30, 2019

can you two stop this? Every thread that's older than a few days has comment chains of you two jabbing at each other in passive aggressive ways.

Back on topic though, the Reworked VIP benefits would 100% make it worth having all the time. As of now it's basically $15 a month for a trivial amount of inventory space, a handful of expiring 990nx dyes, the equivalent of 12 pon and a free 500k lease on a near useless homestead house.

You'd be better off buying 20 pon, 3 gacha with good secondaries to make up the additional repair cost and saving yourself almost 10k nx a month.
    DragoolfireDraech
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Lmao.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Raishii wrote: »
    Lmao.

Yes.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    this-thread-got-me-like.jpg
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    edited May 31, 2019
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    this-thread-got-me-like.jpg

Got you like Michael Jackson is getting those popcorns? Yeah, pretty much.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    @Gaby5011 You know using that twice in a row is not funny.
    Wolfsinger
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    @Gaby5011 You know using that twice in a row is not funny.

Ok