Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rock throw. *Fixed*

ValenmirValenmir
Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
edited May 29, 2019 in Help
My friend is well past level 15 and she has done the beginners quest, but she still has not gotten the rock throw quest... So is there something needed to get it? because when I looked it up it only said to be level 15 to get that said quest.

Edit: So- My friend's character was more or less glitched on this. they even are having issues with the Gen 1 quests as well. A Gm came and helped her with Rock throw but I also found out there is someone else who had the same issue- But of them are rather new players... So just a warning for any new players within a year ago to now, If you don't get Hurling Rock quests, You need to go to support and ask for help.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Mabi Wiki wrote:
    Quest is automatically obtained right after character creation, which requires you to bring Sion a Slice of Cake. Jennifer sells them as "Gift" items for 100 Gold.

Giants cannot learn Rock Throwing.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Ktty wrote: »
    Mabi Wiki wrote:
    Quest is automatically obtained right after character creation, which requires you to bring Sion a Slice of Cake. Jennifer sells them as "Gift" items for 100 Gold.

Thats the issue, She is an elf and doesnt have the quest at all
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited May 28, 2019
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    Mabi Wiki wrote:

Elves can throw rocks too. IIRC the quest involves talking to the kid in Bangor; Psion or something like that. ONLY giants cannot throw rocks, except when events allow us to do so; then afterwards we forget how for some reason. We are the only ones who can throw a stick using another stick, we can throw a shuriken, we can even learn ice bolt, but rocks are a complete mystery to us, even though we have our own mine back home. It's probably just as well, with rock throw Giants clearly would be OP to the point that no one could even try to argue against it.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Helsa wrote: »
    Mabi Wiki wrote:

Elves can throw rocks too. IIRC the quest involves talking to the kid in Bangor; Psion or something like that. ONLY giants cannot throw rocks, except when events allow us to do so; then afterwards we forget how for some reason. We are the only ones who can throw a stick using another stick, we can throw a shuriken, we can even learn ice bolt, but rocks are a complete mystery to us, even though we have our own mine back home. It's probably just as well, with rock throw Giants clearly would be OP to the point that no one could even try to argue against it.

On one of my low levels, i have the quest and it comes up in the tutorial tab, She has looked through her quest and that tab isnt on her character, she has completed all the tutorials and her character is within the 800 range of level, But still has not gotten that quest... When we went to Sion, she talked to him- nothing at all. every time i look this up it's either you get it to level 15 to get it or you get it when your character is created. So, by all means, she should have had this a long time ago, but doesn't... Which is why I'm so confused on this. I am well awear what skills can be learn from each race, Which is adding to the confusion.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabi Wiki wrote:

On one of my low levels, i have the quest and it comes up in the tutorial tab, She has looked through her quest and that tab isnt on her character, she has completed all the tutorials and her character is within the 800 range of level, But still has not gotten that quest... When we went to Sion, she talked to him- nothing at all. every time i look this up it's either you get it to level 15 to get it or you get it when your character is created. So, by all means, she should have had this a long time ago, but doesn't... Which is why I'm so confused on this. I am well awear what skills can be learn from each race, Which is adding to the confusion.

That sounds super frustrating. I'm not trying to be snarky here, but maybe they have the action and have forgotten they got it already?
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabi Wiki wrote:

That sounds super frustrating. I'm not trying to be snarky here, but maybe they have the action and have forgotten they got it already?

As much as i wish that was the situation its not, they share screened their game and also gave me a screenshot.

J4N8WvF.png

She is right by Sion, No quest at all- And she does not have the action.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    The best thing to do, might be for her to submit a ticket. Maybe a GM can give her the action?
  • HelsaHelsa
    That is messed up. If I remember correctly: you get the quest, you talk to Sion, you get a slice of cake, you hand it to Sion, and you're done. Therefore, for the entirety of the quest Sion should be "lit up" with a magenta column on him indicating that a quest step involves interacting with him. There doesn't appear to be one in this screen shot, which would mean they really do not have the quest, not even in a tab reached by side-ways arrows in the quest window. I'm pretty sure elves can get throw rock. I'm reaching now, but there are quests you get for reaching certain levels, maybe the one for level 15 has to be complete before you get the quest? Other than that, I guess have them make a ticket with a screen-shot like the one above but also with their status window showing their current level.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    They are level 850 something... When this issue came up we made sure she had no more tutorial quests, i checked my low level human and elf, they both had it in that slot with the quests but my friend's character didn't have it at all. ._. But i guess a ticket will be needed.. its just so weird. Then again, Maybe the merge will fix it? xD or make it worse...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Then again, Maybe the merge will fix it? xD

You're such a card. That blind optimism is in short supply these days; don't you ever change! :)