Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alexina Should have been in Nao.

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Helsa wrote: »
    Hankrillon wrote: »
    2) A means to allow multiple copies of the same name is developed.

I always thought it was weird when games don't allow multiples of the same name, when the solution seems pretty simple imo. It could just be because the game is old as hell, but surely they could implement something like how discord does it. Every player and every pet surely has a unique ID tied to them, right? So why isn't that the defining factor of your character's information instead of the username, you can't even name pets something that a player has already taken, or a player something that's already taken by a pet. It's as easy as 123, just (username)#4232 and have the numbers hidden, that way you can have jack#0001 and jack#0002.

They've even done this with the nexon launcher, even though you can't do anything but launch games with it. Maybe the other games like rocket arena or something make use of the nexon ID idk, but still.

Mhm, it was bad design from the get go. Here's the ironic part, our characters DO have a record number field but the game uses the name as the key field, I mean WHAT!?!?!?!?!

Oh geez.. did Ferghus help with the development of this game or something? lol
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Sherri wrote: »

I always thought it was weird when games don't allow multiples of the same name, when the solution seems pretty simple imo. It could just be because the game is old as hell, but surely they could implement something like how discord does it. Every player and every pet surely has a unique ID tied to them, right? So why isn't that the defining factor of your character's information instead of the username, you can't even name pets something that a player has already taken, or a player something that's already taken by a pet. It's as easy as 123, just (username)#4232 and have the numbers hidden, that way you can have jack#0001 and jack#0002.

They've even done this with the nexon launcher, even though you can't do anything but launch games with it. Maybe the other games like rocket arena or something make use of the nexon ID idk, but still.

Mhm, it was bad design from the get go. Here's the ironic part, our characters DO have a record number field but the game uses the name as the key field, I mean WHAT!?!?!?!?!

Nexon is a bunch of ferguses. :D
    Radiant DawnDanievictriaSherriWolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

Nexon is a bunch of ferguses. :D

A bunch of Ferghuses combined with the sheep Pan.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    Aquasol wrote: »
    I once brought in about 7 full bags of groceries with one hand, so I’d like to think I’ve got a bit of power.

I believe that power is known as, Mom power.

And @PlatinaKoki, They do have some powers, on here. But some honestly do believe they have the powers in the actual games live devs.
    I mean hell im pretty sure they could reason to all of this but simply deleting the whole forum. xD

Then they're idiots. "Forum mods" =/= Game Masters, and anyone who thinks otherwise makes me question the future of humanity.
    Pan
    I once brought in about 7 full bags of groceries with one hand, so I’d like to think I’ve got a bit of power.

And @PlatinaKoki, They do have some powers, on here. But some honestly do believe they have the powers in the actual games live devs.
    I mean hell im pretty sure they could reason to all of this but simply deleting the whole forum. xD

Then they're idiots. "Forum mods" =/= Game Masters, and anyone who thinks otherwise makes me question the future of humanity.

Humanity's future has been in question for a while.
  • GretaGreta
    Pan wrote: »
    Alexina merge when?

F for Pan.

And Alexina.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited July 16, 2019
    Alexina merge when?

F for Pan.

And Alexina.

No B for Pan.
    Alexina merge when?

F for Pan.

And Alexina.

No B for Pan.

Not P?
    Greta
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Alexina merge when?

F for Pan.

And Alexina.

No B for Pan.

Not P?

Rhymes with the past tense for what a prospector did to get gold.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385

It already happens as it is... on quite a lot of game forums. If the moderators feel that the thread is not needed, then that reason alone is enough. I mean to be fair, im some forums, if you cause drama and so on, that was enough to mute you or even just shut the thread down- If that happens on here, there would be a lot... of threads gone.
    Spareoh
  • GretaGreta

It already happens as it is... on quite a lot of game forums. If the moderators feel that the thread is not needed, then that reason alone is enough. I mean to be fair, im some forums, if you cause drama and so on, that was enough to mute you or even just shut the thread down- If that happens on here, there would be a lot... of threads gone.

You probably have trouble understanding sarcasm and always misinterpret threads i guess because i rarely see drama here.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    edited July 16, 2019

You probably have trouble understanding sarcasm and always misinterpret threads i guess because i rarely see drama here.

Eh, no? i have seen quite a few people actually fight in these forums, more so in the past but it still happened. One of the topics in the past that actually had actually fought's on it, was of the topic of merging. because so many people were against the idea and still was convinced the game did not need one.
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 17, 2019

Eh, no? i have seen quite a few people actually fight in these forums, more so in the past but it still happened. One of the topics in the past that actually had actually fought's on it, was of the topic of merging. because so many people were against the idea and still was convinced the game did not need one.

Those threads got nuked soooo... There's no drama.

The drama of not having drama... silence.
    Wolfsinger
  • ValenmirValenmir

xD Nuked or not, they still happened. I was talking in an overall base, not recent.