Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Old pet names for summoning

JJJJ
Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
edited June 6, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
My pets used to have short names for easy summoning, but now many of them have double the name length.
How about allow us to summon them based on their name before the "+" too.
For example: "Summon Cat!" will summon "Cat+Alexina"
For conflicts in pet names I'm not 100% sure. Maybe the first pet with that name on the pets list? Of course the user can be more specific with adding the +tag.
SpareohTHICCthighssavelivesSherri

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I feel like this would work except for the few people who had multiple characters and pets on the same account. If I have cat+mari and cat+ruairi, what cat gets summoned? Having the command do a second search for creation date or something seems simple enough but honestly too much work for them.

I wish there was a way we could get rid of the stupid +server tags, they're ugly on characters and on pets and worse for people who have them on their characters and pets together lol I just don't see a solution that's easy enough for them to implement :(
    Spareoh
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I like how OP uses example of +alexina, which literally doesn't exist.
    THICCthighssavelivesSherri
  • SpareohSpareoh
    Mabinogi Rep: 780
    I always found it easier to link my pets to a hotkey or the left hand tabs instead. As for the +server names, I know they're working on name change coupons for us but I don't know what's going on with the pets. All of my characters are +server but I got lucky with my obnoxiously long pet names and they're safe from the name plague.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I like that idea. As you said, "summon petname!" should work without the +server if there's no ambiguity. If there is ambiguity, just have it fail and give a message like "more than one of your pets have this name, please specify the server as well."