[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Old Player Looking to get Better

RedKiraRedKira
Mabinogi Rep: 910
in Help
I'm a 2nd anniversary player and I've played solo most of that time. I do alright in fights, but mostly in a "kill them before they kill me" kind of way.

I'm looking to get more into the "battlenogi" way of things, but I need some advice.

Weapons:
I eventually want to max out, or at least be proficient in all skill types. What are the best weapons you would recommend that I dont have to pay out of my butt to get? I have a few Demonic weapons, but I'm sure they're not the best I could get.

Gear:
Currently I have a R1 Royal Knight set and a R1 Dark Knight helmet as my standard battle gear. The only light armor set I have is the Connous Leather set. I dont have any battle-use accessories except the Light of Palala.
Not an immediate need, but definitely a future want: a puppet to help in Phantasm.

Skills:
Are there certain skills/skill sets I should focus on before others? I'm mainly a warrior, but I've done defecnt dabbling in Archery, Chain Slasher, Bard, and a bit of Battle Alchemy.

Skill Training:
My main issue is CP rank: where are the best places for someone lvl 8k+ to find awful to boss level enemies? I use Their Method Hard to Elite to level "stronger enemies" requirements, but I cant seem to get anything higher than that.

Leveling and AP:
Fastest ways to level up? Other tricks to getting AP?

Crafting, Etc. Type Skills:
Which are useful and which should I leave for last? If I was going to go for the long haul are craft my own weapons/armor (Lang, etc), what are the best ways to train those skills and find the materials?

Soloing:
What is basically unsoloable? What do I need to do to be able to solo an Apostle and train my Crusader skills without others help?

Feel free to offer any other advice (I'm sure I missed a few things.) I've spent to many years on the fence between the fashion and battle aspects of the game and I'd really like to change that.
I'm not apposed to doing things with other players if I need to, but I'd prefer to go solo for the time being (social anxiety problems RIP.)

Comments

• Nightsky7Nightsky7
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    For skill training, try the golems in the other alchemists or kitchen dungeon for awful enemies and shadow wizards in fomor attack for boss. If you find that the shadow wizards are only awful on hard diffiulty, you will probably have to use cp reducing gear, tendering potions, or elite passes.
    Greta
  • RedKiraRedKira
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    Nightsky7 wrote: »
    For skill training, try the golems in the other alchemists or kitchen dungeon for awful enemies and shadow wizards in fomor attack for boss. If you find that the shadow wizards are only awful on hard diffiulty, you will probably have to use cp reducing gear, tendering potions, or elite passes.

I'll look into those; thanks! :)