Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

MabiNovel

FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
edited June 9, 2019 in General Chat
Does MabiNovel even work anymore? My draft never saves properly and I can't get it uploaded.

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Has the MabiNovel system ever worked okay? I mean, character lists are in a random order, drafts tend not to save if you go over a certain amount of scenes or text in a scene, and so much more. Though, in regards to publishing, I never had a problem; what's the issue you have, an error message or a grayed out button?
    Kensamaofmari
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Nothing really happens, not published, no error prompts, nothing. And yeah, typically couldn't get my draft to save past the 4th or 5th page.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Okay, I remember having that publishing error too a few months after the feature release, and same thing with drafts. Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be device- or client-related, but rather the code that's at fault. I don't think they put that much effort into the feature; just look at the amount of Collection Books that were added since the release.

Honestly, though, if you really feel like sharing your stories, I'd recommend putting them up either in Fan Creations in the forum, or Town Square. You can record your Novel playing out, at the rhythm you want, for an "auto-play" version. Sure, it's not the best, but at least it's something while (or if) the team ever corrects the MabiNovel issues.
    Kensamaofmari
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited June 23, 2019
    I guess it's a to-luck-or-not-to-luck issue. Some people say they've been experiencing it for a couple of months, some - that is started after the merge, some maybe even always (dunno 0v0). I'll copypaste my list of guesses from another topic to escalate this issue.
    (1) some copyright (or other) filters that may misrecognize pieces of text or even letter combinations, thus not letting it to publish; (2) exceeding overall amount of designated allowed symbols in a single novel; (3) some Collection Book mechanics glitch that may be affecting unlocked backgrounds and music in a novel; (4) some weird (or not, we should ask Aeira about the rules) restrictions concerning daily/weekly published novels.
    And here's a list of my actions in attempt to publish one exact novel:
    Musicat wrote: »
    altering the contents to be less probably filtered (see guess 1), to cut a long story short~♪, avoiding to use "None." background music option, avoiding monologues (entries without characters)
    Which eventually lead to nothing new.
    But it doesn't mean they may work for everyone who's experiencing that. Also, I haven't ever experienced problems with draft saving/import. Speaking about what happens when trying to submit, depending on the computer I'm using I either receive a notification about impossibility of it, or nothing happens just as in your case.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I've been having issues with publishing some books. I press Publish and nothing happens, even if I wait exactly a week to publish one.
    I have also noticed that MabiNovel forcefully closes out if somebody near me summons a pet, uses a battle skill, etc.

It makes me wonder if Nexon will even get around to fixing it or not..
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    MabiNovel feature is broken for months and Nexon doesn't even want to acknowledge that. It will stay this way until they start showing some interest in it, which i unlikely because the feature is not popular and i'm pretty sure it's dead asf.