Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Players speeding through G22 are like:

pawcalypsepawcalypse
Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
in General Chat
I actually found the story somewhat interesting but after a few scenes I really didn't care afterwards...
  1. Do you skip through the cutscenes?43 votes
    1. Yes
       28% (12 votes)
    2. No
       47% (20 votes)
    3. Sometimes
       26% (11 votes)
    4. What is this "generation quest"?
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I'm about 10 generations back.
    Wolfsinger
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    You need some catching up, some quests need certain skills to continue. The skills and other features you gain after completing them makes any other quest so easy.
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    You need some catching up, some quests need certain skills to continue. The skills and other features you gain after completing them makes any other quest so easy.

Which is why after 9 years and over 5000 levels later, a Bear still has a chance kill me in a few hits.
    pawcalypseLokitinRadiant DawnKitiniookieWolfsingerCrimsọn
  • LiidaLiida
    Mabinogi Rep: 695
    edited June 13, 2019
    ? Don't people do this for pretty much every generation?

Usually just look up story line quest completion methods on wiki, spam click through dialogues, rush complete every quest and just try to get to the generation completion as soon as possible...

Which is why after 9 years and over 5000 levels later, a Bear still has a chance kill me in a few hits.
    unless Ken's strength remained at lower than 500...don't see how this is possible.
    Liida wrote: »
    ? Don't people do this for pretty much every generation?

Usually just look up story line quest completion methods on wiki, spam click through dialogues, rush complete every quest and just try to get to the generation completion as soon as possible...

unless Ken's strength remained at lower than 500...don't see how this is possible.

Good point, but I am terribly weak outside Smash+Assault slash
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    Starting working on my generation quests myself after putting them off for so long, working my way up and currently on G10. They CAN be a bit tedious to get through at times, specially if your doing them for the story. Too much warping and back tracking and sometimes the cut scenes can feel a tad slow, its no surprise people would rather skip it. Its just much faster to read a summery than to go through all that but at least its not as bad Maple Story 2's main questline, holy crap was that awful.
    pawcalypse
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Tip: You can rewatch any cutscenes you've encountered before by visiting the library in dunbarton's magic school.
    Sherri
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited June 14, 2019
    I watch them on my elf, because usually I do the gens first on my elf. My giant is the one that skips it; when I did it on my giant and my friend started doing it on his main 2 hours before me I caught up to him in like an hour lol

Tip: You can rewatch any cutscenes you've encountered before by visiting the library in dunbarton's magic school.

umm it only goes up till g16.
    izwINvh.png
    Sherri
    Veylaine wrote: »
    I watch them on my elf, because usually I do the gens first on my elf. My giant is the one that skips it; when I did it on my giant and my friend started doing it on his main 2 hours before me I caught up to him in like an hour lol

izwINvh.png

Which is why the record video function is available.
    Veylainepawcalypse
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050

izwINvh.png

pfffft lol

izwINvh.png

pfffft lol

Better yet, screenshot everything! xD A tiresome chore.
    pawcalypseVeylaine
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I always watch them. Maybe if I'm doing G1 on an alt for the one millionth time, I'll skip it though. :p

izwINvh.png

Hm.. They should update that and add the current generations.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990

this one too
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Mabinogi has one of the best storylines out there (for an mmo), why would you skip it? O_O
    Donk3y wrote: »
    Mabinogi has one of the best storylines out there (for an mmo), why would you skip it? O_O

People skip it and then ask themselves why are they playing this game.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited June 18, 2019
    are G22 cut scenes fixed yet?
    the part where all the cut scenes are too fast to read
    I haven't progressed with g22 yet either im too busy or too lazy
    having the most important part of generation quest broken
    probably the main reason why I lost interest in doing it

one of the things I like about mabi is the generation quest and the story line
    so after doing the first part or quest of the g22 to be broken was very disappointing