Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Which Combat Talents Feel The Most Awesome to You?

DanievictriaDanievictria
Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
edited June 14, 2019 in General Chat
After having taken a hiatus from Mabi, I came back recently to find Chain Slasher has arrived (in fact, it wasn't long after I went on my hiatus to play the crap out of Pokemon X that it came out...). So, I decided to test it out one one of my alts and...Dang, those skills feel good in battle!! You're slapping dudes around, jumping all over the place, distance-stabbing fools...YES! It feels OP in that good way, where instead of being like "O.K., this ability is so powerful that it's going to be basically mandatory at the expense of being able to use any other cool moves" it's like "Holy crap! Did you see that?! I can't believe I get to do stuff like this!!"

If I were to list a top five of combat skillsets that feel really awesome to use, I would go with:

1. Martial Arts: Because it makes me feel like a kung-fu master.
2. Chain Slasher: You saw my reason above.
3. Magic: Nothing like blasting enemies with a fully charged spell and watching the pain rain down.
4. Dual Gun: It makes me feel like I'm in a Tarantino flick and I love it.
5. Ninja: For some reason, uncovering mimics with the exploding kunai feels really, really satisfying.

So, what are the combat talents that feel the most awesome to you?
  1. What's Your Favorite Combat Talent?58 votes
    1. Close Combat
       3% (2 votes)
    2. Lance Combat
       2% (1 vote)
    3. Archery
       3% (2 votes)
    4. Magic
       10% (6 votes)
    5. Puppetry
       5% (3 votes)
    6. Music
       5% (3 votes)
    7. Dual Gun
       7% (4 votes)
    8. Ninja
       3% (2 votes)
    9. Chain Slasher
       36% (21 votes)
    10. Martial Arts
       10% (6 votes)
    11. Battle Alchemy
       10% (6 votes)
    12. Transmutation
       3% (2 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Good choices, good choices.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Chain Slasher or Martials Arts mixed with a few other moves.

Chain Slasher because it works well, and Martial Arts because I like the animations and simplicity, though the cooldowns really upset the rhythm.
    DanievictriaSherri
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited June 14, 2019
    Chain slash is solid and I like the dorcha mechanic. It can feel satisfying doing AOE's with chain sweep (especially when you crit). I wouldn't say it's super fun though.

I like fighter, it's very fun to use. Right now, it's not super practical though. As a giant, I've only touched fighter to train the skills. On my human I used fighter more for fun but I got tired of it because it was too inefficient over time lol so kind of the opposite of chain slash.

A happy medium? Close combat as a giant for me. Definitely fun. Stampede, charge, WM, smash, bash, final strike, and even skills like rage impact or windguard make this talent versatile and efficient. The skill set is also incredibly fast paced and fun. I have enjoyed close combat more on my giant than I ever enjoyed close combat (FH and bash spam) on my human, chain slash, archery, or anything else.

Giant close combat + chain slash though. That's my bread and butter.

Just my opinions though :)
    Danievictria
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited June 14, 2019
    Ninja for me.
    And Magic too.

I must be the 1% who can't stand chains.
    DanievictriaGoldtiger01
  • CiriCiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    Chains while using battle alchemy <3

I feel like Storm (X-men)when I spin with raging or slasher underneath rain cast lel
    DanievictriaNomnomnoms
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Fighter is the most satisfying to watch, but chain blade has that perfect mix of single-target, multi-target, defensive features, and status effects that make it a real powerhouse.
    Danievictria
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited June 15, 2019
    Combat Bard. :)
    Chain is good too.

This guy knows what's what.
    DanievictriaRadiant DawnTheNyanCatAlshian
  • NomnomnomsNomnomnoms
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Ciri wrote: »
    Chains while using battle alchemy <3
    Man, for the longest time I felt like I was the only one who really loved this combo XD.

I love Battle Alchemy, but it always felt a little clunky in comparison to the newer skillsets that came out. Now my favorite thing to do is find a clump of baddies, death mark a guy in the center, then flame burst that sucker to vaccum all the baddies into the flame burst, then alternate flame burst and spinning slasher until they're all dead. Super satisfying, haha.

DanievictriaCiriSherri
  • aef8234aef8234
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    I like fighter, though the mechanics are archaic at this point.

All it needs is a few tweaks like faster animation speeds (less flashy animations for stage 1/2 and more visceral ones would be nice too, superman punch the dash punch, side-> roundhouse -> somersault for the kick, etc. etc.) it shouldn't take two smashes to do one pummel - or conversely scale the pummel to two smashes at the least.

And also actually make tumble/respite useable, maybe make respite a mana to hp/sp chargeable thing and have tumble be a ground targetable skill that ACTUALLY takes us to the area when the skill activates instead of after the animation is finished.
    DanievictriaTHICCthighssavelives
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I was a fan of Warrior talent, but it's Chains now.
    Danievictria
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I like chains a lot, Raging Spike is just so fun to use. Magic is another big favorite of mine. watching Meteor Strike annihilate everything is just so satisfying. But I also like Battle Alchemy too, it's unique and it's not just 'run in, hit things, done'. It's more of a planning out what skills to use, where to use them and when.
    I'm also gonna say that Martial Arts is great too, it's such a rush and perfectly pulling off combos is just amazing.
    Charging Strike > Spinning Uppercut > Drop Kick > Assault Slash > Tumble is the best.
    Danievictria
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited June 16, 2019
    Chain Slasher or Martials Arts mixed with a few other moves.

Chain Slasher because it works well, and Martial Arts because I like the animations and simplicity, though the cooldowns really upset the rhythm.

I definitely agree.. I wish they would get rid of the cooldowns on everything, maybe keep them when it comes to PvP so it's not overpowered..
    Perhaps add some multi-hitting attacks too, besides Drop Kick. hmmm

EDIT: Yikes sorry about the double post, I was definitely not fully there last night x_x
    Danievictria
  • YummeiYummei
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    I have really enjoyed doing
    1.Chain Slasher
    2.Magic
    3.Battle Alchemy/Transmutaion
    4.Music
    5.Martial Arts

I know if I did archery it would be even better since I play elf,but I never liked how archery`s combat is in mabinogi. Plus with the different types of skills,I just really love the other ones.
    DanievictriaSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited June 15, 2019
    It depends what is meant by the question: what looks the best, what IS the best, and so on.

For aestetics I think duel guns "looks" the best, but I found it to be kinda meh in use. In terms of usefulness, I voted transmutation. It's boring, it's slow, and it's underappreciated, but when you are completely outclassed by the situation, it has the best chance of getting you through.
    DanievictriaSherri
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Helsa wrote: »
    It depends what is meant by the question: what looks the best, what IS the best, and so on.

For aestetics I think duel guns "looks" the best, but I found it to be kinda meh in use. In terms of usefulness, I voted transmutation. It's boring, it's slow, and it's underappreciated, but when you are completely outclassed by the situation, it has the best chance of getting you through.

I got the feeling they meant "feels" the best, like what is the most fun or satisfying. Not the most efficient per se. So it's open to just about anything anyone sees as fun
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited June 15, 2019
    Magic all the way, but I'm biased because I loathe chain slasher.
    3rdyDanievictriaSherri
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    chain slash mixed in with a bit of archery here and there; on bosses i'd do support shot and chain impale combo, very effective with death mark and chain burst in the mix, not so great in parties however :D
    Danievictria
  • CiriCiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    edited June 16, 2019
    Nomnomnoms wrote: »
    Man, for the longest time I felt like I was the only one who really loved this combo XD.

I love Battle Alchemy, but it always felt a little clunky in comparison to the newer skillsets that came out. Now my favorite thing to do is find a clump of baddies, death mark a guy in the center, then flame burst that sucker to vaccum all the baddies into the flame burst, then alternate flame burst and spinning slasher until they're all dead. Super satisfying, haha.

Right!? #MakeAlchemyGreatAgain
    Sherri
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Blacksmithing and Tailoring?
    DanievictriaGentlemenKensamaofmariImaizumi
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Blacksmithing and Tailoring?

+Cooking.

For combat, Chains+Ninja for me.