Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

payment plan options for auction house

justshowingjustshowing
Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
edited June 15, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
it wont happen cause it might get abused. i do like to dream sometimes but i have a suggestion for auction housing in the future.

why not make a payment plan option?
like 6 day? 2 week? etc options to pay off what you are buying?
and whoever gets to the payout amount gets to keep the item :D

i'm odd i know o-o

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Yeah it won't happen. All sales via the Auction House are private ones, so folks will give the first payment and no subsequent ones because they'll already have the item. Sales are double blind private so there would be no recourse, especially after the person transfers the item to another character on another account.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    This would be like asking people to scam lol or otherwise abuse the system
  • Donk3yDonk3y
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    This would work with certain fail safes:
    - Everything remains anonymous
    - If you get a 10 day plan for a 10m item for example, you have to pay 1m each day
    - If you cannot pay one day, you get another day as a grace period (you have to pay 2m in the second day)
    - If you can't pay within the grace period, the item is frozen and cannot be used (you don't want the item to instantly go back to the seller after just one failed payment)
    - If the item is frozen for more than n days (7,14,30), then the item returns to the seller
    - The BUYER may request for the contract to be void, sending the item back to the buyer instantly (would be really good in making a kind of "trial" system where you can test out the item for the specified time)
    - There is a reputation system (kind of a credit score, but more "consumer friendly") that starts out at 100 for everybody, and only goes down when a buyer has an item frozen, or returned when frozen.
    - The reputation does not go down then the buyer intentionally sends back the item (because he already paid for that one day of usage)

This will, to my knowledge, be immune to abuse. Can anybody see a way in which this can be abused?
    justshowing
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited June 16, 2019
    Donk3y wrote: »
    This will, to my knowledge, be immune to abuse. Can anybody see a way in which this can be abused?

I apologize if I missed something while reading. It's a lot to go through.

One flaw I can see with this is abusing this method to sell your own item for profit. People can use alts to grab others' items, keeping the board free to sell their own stuff at whatever price they want, and then just default on the payments so that the item goes back to the seller - at which point, the value of the item could have drastically dropped. They would have had to pay 10% (or some amount), yes, but when a brand new item from an event/gacha/quest can start at 20m and be down to 2m within a few days, so paying 2m to make your own item sell can be worth it.

It may seem easy to set a minimum level to be able to do this, but that won't stop a lot of users that abuse bots.
    The reputation does not go down then the buyer intentionally sends back the item (because he already paid for that one day of usage)

As a selling system, this also sounds like a bad idea. Sellers want to sell the item for full price, presumably, before the value drops. This is essentially a forced refund. A person could borrow the brand new fashion item, wear it for the 2~3 days it's popular, then return it once value has plummeted.

Now, you could assume that the seller takes full responsibility for choosing to sell this way and thus should know this is an option, but honestly you will get people who don't understand and will blame the game for the system (like they did with the auction option on the auction house).

As an overall concept, this idea could work really nicely as a rental system though! But it would have to work differently to prevent abuse:

Buyer must pay for the item in full, but will get a prorated refund once they return the object. This could be extremely useful for training EXP reforges. A person could pay to borrow a Blacksmith EXP 10 item for a day or two then return it once they finish ranking the skill.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    This would work with certain fail safes:
    - Everything remains anonymous
    - If you get a 10 day plan for a 10m item for example, you have to pay 1m each day
    - If you cannot pay one day, you get another day as a grace period (you have to pay 2m in the second day)
    - If you can't pay within the grace period, the item is frozen and cannot be used (you don't want the item to instantly go back to the seller after just one failed payment)
    - If the item is frozen for more than n days (7,14,30), then the item returns to the seller
    - The BUYER may request for the contract to be void, sending the item back to the buyer instantly (would be really good in making a kind of "trial" system where you can test out the item for the specified time)
    - There is a reputation system (kind of a credit score, but more "consumer friendly") that starts out at 100 for everybody, and only goes down when a buyer has an item frozen, or returned when frozen.
    - The reputation does not go down then the buyer intentionally sends back the item (because he already paid for that one day of usage)

I just see one problem: what about the state of the item? If it's dropped, destroyed (manually or via enchant/special upgrade), made exclusive or modified in any way, what would happen then?

Obviously, the item can't not have any form of changes applied to it for the duration of the payment, otherwise players might abuse this to have a weapon that would never suffer durability loss. The only option I see is that you can start the payment process, which cannot be cancelled unless your requirements are met, and the item remains locked (not sellable, just locked) in the Auction House until the buyer pays the entire amount, kinda like debt collectors/pawn shops, where these items serve as insurance. This gives more time for someone who's really interested to gather the necessary funds, but could also lead to a hell of a lot of trolling/locking items you want a monopoly over.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    That's why I said whoever gets to the payout wins. Like a race :D

I dunno. Weird thought