[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Announcement] Name Change Availability

Comments

  • KokochanKokochan
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    Wait, we have to leave our guilds first to name change? Or does it apply to just guild leaders? :^(
  • OfeliaOfelia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited June 25
    Everything is real slow as of 11am PDT
    Can't even log into the game xD
    let alone the name change site

    questioning face .... " Access temporarily revoked due to abnormal login attempts. Please try again later."
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,520
    Posts: 1,971
    Member
    Ofelia wrote: »
    Everything is real slow as of 11am PDT
    Can't even log into the game xD
    let alone the name change site

    I got kicked off the game and I can't log in again :'D
  • OfeliaOfelia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    Posts: 34
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    Ofelia wrote: »
    Everything is real slow as of 11am PDT
    Can't even log into the game xD
    let alone the name change site

    I got kicked off the game and I can't log in again :'D

    yey for bugs!
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,970
    Posts: 757
    Member
    I was able to successfully change my name and will have to wait until the next maint to see it changed.
    everyone will have to be patient since I know people are trying to get their name as soon as possible.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Posts: 75
    Member
    Will it be possible to check if the name saved correctly before Thursday, or should we do something to ensure that the name change went through?
  • LenariLenari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,710
    Posts: 88
    Member
    I got the cash shop inventory error despite not having anything there. Trying to log into the game to double-check and logging in is impossible. Will anything ever work according to plan? Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z.
    EmikoNapoleonSherriLeinei
  • OfeliaOfelia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    Posts: 34
    Member
    welp now its "403 Forbidden" lol......
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,970
    Posts: 757
    Member
    Megasoul wrote: »
    Will it be possible to check if the name saved correctly before Thursday, or should we do something to ensure that the name change went through?

    Once it's been successful and it tells you it was successful you'll have to wait until next maint for it to change into the name you put down.
    that's what it told me when I successfully did mine.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,190
    Posts: 706
    Member
    bluedaizy wrote: »
    I read this and just want to be sure which is correct. Not sure I read it right .. opinions? Looking it over again though, I am thinking maybe its outdated info and now it cant be done while married.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/1/00JEp

    Marriage Information:
    During testing, we found details that were not reflected in the Marriage Info after a character's name is changed. If your character's name is changed, the new name will not be reflected on the Marriage Info or Marriage Title. Additionally, due to the nature of the system and the Wedding Ring item, all Wedding Ring items cannot be merged and must be removed. Though the ring will be removed, please be assured that this will not break the character or the character’s marriage status. Should you wish to divorce and re-marry, it may be necessary to perform a ‘Forced Divorce’ option through both spouses first. We sincerely apologize for these inconveniences.

    Known Issue: If a character’s name is over 16 characters, they cannot get engaged. This will be fixed at a later date.

    That was when people were worried that having a server tag added to their name would mess up their marriage (because, this is Nexon, so, yeah, anything can happen).

    Unfortunately, they won't let you change your name AND stay married, unless they "have a reason" to change your name.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,250
    Posts: 5,149
    Member
    Question, will we get some sort of verification?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,190
    Posts: 706
    Member
    edited June 25
    Question, will we get some sort of verification?

    Yeah. If the name is available, it'll say "Given name is available."

    Then the "Check Availability" button will become a "Confirm" button. Hit that, and it'll give you a notification verifying your submission.

    And if you want to re-check, simply re-submit the name. If you did it right the first time, you'll get a "Already applied."
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    Posts: 36
    Member
    Says I have an item in cash shop but i dont.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 40,340
    Posts: 6,240
    Member
    edited June 25
    People are already demanding redos. 9dnGeIh.png

    No, no redos. I have had enough anxiety for one day AND DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH WITH IT AGAIN. :|
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    Posts: 36
    Member
    Says my character has an item in Cash Shop...... -_-
    theres nothing there.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,250
    Posts: 5,149
    Member
    Question, will we get some sort of verification?

    Yeah. If the name is available, it'll say "Given name is available."

    Then the "Check Availability" button will become a "Confirm" button. Hit that, and it'll give you a notification verifying your submission.

    And if you want to re-check, simply re-submit the name. If you did it right the first time, you'll get a "Already applied."

    I was wondering if there would be another verification other than that, but I guess that would do.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,970
    Posts: 757
    Member
    Bribrix3 wrote: »
    Says my character has an item in Cash Shop...... -_-
    theres nothing there.

    Have you checked you item shop bag?
    or housing?
    do you have anything in any bag that you can use to sell or buy things?
    if so, simply move them.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Posts: 149
    Member
    Sai wrote: »
    It's a shame people will have to disband their guilds if they have no service nor have anyone else who does. Hopefully this whole name change thing works.

    Disappointed that there is nothing for pets. I've got so many renamed that I can't even summon them by text command because I don't know which is and which isn't.

    You don't need to disband your guild, the guild leader can just pass the leadership to one of their alt characters on their same account. When you buy premium service it's activated for your whole account, not just your main character. You can lead like 3+ guilds on the same account if you wanted to.
    Bribrix3 wrote: »
    Says my character has an item in Cash Shop...... -_-
    theres nothing there.

    Don't only check the cash shop inventory, but also check the auction board, make sure you retrieve all your purchases and cancel anything you have on sale. Also you have to check the housing channel market's bank lady and if you have any items to retrieve from a previous house ownership you need to get all of those out of that inventory. Normally after owning a house on the housing channel the game puts a check in your "retrieve items" window that pays you back some of the money you spent on bidding on the house in the first place.

    I had the cash shop issue and figured out that it was actually the housing channel inv that was stopping me from getting a name change. Fixed that and my request went through just fine. So make sure you don't have anything like that on your character.

    Also, everyone needs to leave their guilds, families, divorce their spouses, and cancel applications to guilds as well, which you can do through the Mabi website. Click on community -> guilds -> select your character and registered guild from drop down menu at top -> click on Guild Profile -> find ur name and push "Cancel Request"
    DANIarts
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,070
    Posts: 2,077
    Member
    Lenari wrote: »
    I got the cash shop inventory error despite not having anything there. Trying to log into the game to double-check and logging in is impossible. Will anything ever work according to plan? Find out on the next episode of Dragonball Z.

    Try and see if you have a housing refund check sitting in the housing bank NPC retrieve items inventory. That caused an issue for myself and my husband. After we claimed our checks we were clear to do the name thing.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,190
    Posts: 706
    Member
    Shakaya wrote: »
    Sai wrote: »
    It's a shame people will have to disband their guilds if they have no service nor have anyone else who does. Hopefully this whole name change thing works.

    Disappointed that there is nothing for pets. I've got so many renamed that I can't even summon them by text command because I don't know which is and which isn't.

    You don't need to disband your guild, the guild leader can just pass the leadership to one of their alt characters on their same account. When you buy premium service it's activated for your whole account, not just your main character. You can lead like 3+ guilds on the same account if you wanted to.
    Bribrix3 wrote: »
    Says my character has an item in Cash Shop...... -_-
    theres nothing there.

    Don't only check the cash shop inventory, but also check the auction board, make sure you retrieve all your purchases and cancel anything you have on sale. Also you have to check the housing channel market's bank lady and if you have any items to retrieve from a previous house ownership you need to get all of those out of that inventory. Normally after owning a house on the housing channel the game puts a check in your "retrieve items" window that pays you back some of the money you spent on bidding on the house in the first place.

    I had the cash shop issue and figured out that it was actually the housing channel inv that was stopping me from getting a name change. Fixed that and my request went through just fine. So make sure you don't have anything like that on your character.

    Also, everyone needs to leave their guilds, families, divorce their spouses, and cancel applications to guilds as well, which you can do through the Mabi website. Click on community -> guilds -> select your character and registered guild from drop down menu at top -> click on Guild Profile -> find ur name and push "Cancel Request"

    I don't think auction board (the most recent market option) would cause disqualification, since names aren't displayed at any point.