Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ancient Spirit Fossil Keyword Missing

VictorboyVictorboy
Mabinogi Rep: 610
in Help
Hello. This is my first forum post, but I am trying to figure out if there is a way for me to get the keyword 'Ancient Spirit Fossil' for I have seemed to skip it. I had created a spirit weapon long ago which has lost it's durability but I can't get into the Barrie dungeon to obtain Ancient Spirit Fossils needed for repairing my weapon. I've tried to talk to Aodhan (used keyword 'Private Story') and Tarlach with another 100 proficiency sword equipped. Would cancelling my current Spirit Weapon Contract let me do the quest and obtain the 'Ancient Spirit Fossil' keyword?

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    As far as I know, you need the Ancient Spirit Fossil keyword to be able to have or to have had a Spirit Weapon. I have one and still have the keyword, so I can assume you don't lose it after using it. Have you made sure to check the Memo tab, and not the Adv tab where all the other Spirit Weapon keywords are located? It should be the first one in that tab.
  • VictorboyVictorboy
    Draech wrote: »
    As far as I know, you need the Ancient Spirit Fossil keyword to be able to have or to have had a Spirit Weapon. I have one and still have the keyword, so I can assume you don't lose it after using it. Have you made sure to check the Memo tab, and not the Adv tab where all the other Spirit Weapon keywords are located? It should be the first one in that tab.

Hello, I had checked my Memo tab but the keyword still isn't there. I looked up the 'Ancient Spirit Magic' quest that gives the 'Ancient Spirit Fossil' keyword on the Mabinogi Wiki and it seems that when I had made my Spirit Weapon long ago, I bought the Spirit from a vendor - thus accidentally skipping the quest needed to get the 'Ancient Spirit Fossil' keyword.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Okay, after some more extensive reading, I see the Mabinogi World Wiki has a huge warning that I somehow missed, that says you won't obtain the quest/keyword if you get a Ancient Spirit Fossil from someone else. Based on what it says, I recommend either:
    - Putting the Spirit Weapon in the Bank, and then talking to Tarlach with the Spirit Weapon Contract keyword;
    - Or getting rid of your Spirit Weapon and starting fresh.
    Hope this gets you the keyword.
    Victorboy
  • VictorboyVictorboy
    Draech wrote: »
    Okay, after some more extensive reading, I see the Mabinogi World Wiki has a huge warning that I somehow missed, that says you won't obtain the quest/keyword if you get a Ancient Spirit Fossil from someone else. Based on what it says, I recommend either:
    - Putting the Spirit Weapon in the Bank, and then talking to Tarlach with the Spirit Weapon Contract keyword;
    - Or getting rid of your Spirit Weapon and starting fresh.
    Hope this gets you the keyword.

Alright. Thank you for the replies and looking into this issue. I'm currently waiting for Tarlach to cancel my contract.

Ok, I just got to Aodhan and it worked. Thank you, I couldn't figure out how to activate the quest for the longest time. But now - without the Spirit Weapon, I am able to start the quest with Aodhan. Thank you once again for the help!
    Draech