Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Sealed Royal Library Door

MusicatMusicat
Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
in Help
Hello.
I'm trying to complete the quest about dragging Jenna to the Royal Court Banket, and I'm currently on the Party Dress Completion mission. It says I need to get rid of the rats crowding in the Royal Castle's 2nd floor's lobby. As we defeat the rats, a Shadow Realm Royal Library Key may drop, to be used to enter the Library. However, the door won't open, as if Buchanan was as afraid of the rats as to barricade himself from inside. Thus, I can't enter the Library to talk to him and complete the quest. I tried entering after defeating all rats or as soon as I got the key with some rats alive. Both ways didn't work. Are there some more triggers, or is it a bug?

Comments

• MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Since the mission spawns exactly 9 rats, I would take a count to make sure I was killing them all. My only bet is one of the rats hid in a corner out-of-sight.

But from what I remember you shouldn't need to kill all 9 rats anyways in order to enter the room (I think the phrase "barricade" is used only to inform you that the room is locked and that you need a key). Maybe check to see that you're picking up the key correctly, or switch it around in your inventory. I wouldn't be surprised if having the key in the quest-item/personal-item inventory prevents the game from correctly using it.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    I have completed the quest, but I have no idea about the circumstances.
    Megasoul wrote: »
    (I think the phrase "barricade" is used only to inform you that the room is locked and that you need a key). Maybe check to see that you're picking up the key correctly, or switch it around in your inventory. I wouldn't be surprised if having the key in the quest-item/personal-item inventory prevents the game from correctly using it.
    It's not used, it's my conclusion.
    The key cannot be stored in personal inventory, and I tried dragging it between different bags, which didn't help. I dropped and picked it up again several times, and even gave once to my weapon spirit (wonder if the possibility's a bug).
    When I finally was able to enter, there were some 4-5 rats alive, and I didn't do anything new (that I hadn't done during previous tries).