Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FWD] Collection of Typos in G23

XCalibieXCalibie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
edited July 30, 2019 in Forwarded Bugs
English is not my first language so bear with me on this one...
(I do not remember the exact locations in the storyline for most of these, I'm hoping you can CTRL + F your way through the script)

01 - soverignity -> sovereignty (I wasn't too sure about this myself but Google says it's the latter)

eMLnkNQ.png

02 - Quest Log: 5 Bloody Herbs -> 20 Bloody Herbs

Ge5wH8N.png

03 - witthin -> within

27l0Mqz.png

04 - than -> then

uyWfb3d.png

05 - the the -> the

y70xOOg.png

06 - I can't hardly breathe! -> I can hardly breathe! (Unless this way of speaking is a Bhatair thing...)

eKM1z00.png

07 - particluar -> particular

9Th62Nr.png

08 - undestanding -> understanding

54mSOK7.png

09 - theable -> the table

XYaRo7K.png

10 - melancholy -> melancholic

AGVHqc3.png

11 - in with -> within (this is just a very strange sentence in general) - Also perhaps a space / new line before "Considering"

Rvki1EX.png

12 - Just a period at the end of the sentence

LMcnPHF.png

13 - challenges -> challenge (Unless this is also part of Bhatair-speak...)

KZLs925.png

14 - Will you hold still for just a moment! -> Will you hold still for just a moment? - OR - Will you hold still for just a moment?! (It changes the way this is read, a single exclamation mark makes it weird to read, just maybe)

GTRn38e.png

15 - Is there's -> Is there
Also the 2nd line here seems awkward and out of nowhere (then again, I guess Murielle is awkward herself sometimes), shouldn't this be like...
"Oh, and is it true that this island once belonged to the pirates?"

cGw3Nij.png

16 - You, there. -> You there. (Because "you [pause] there" hurts the brain)

EM62OUI.png

17 - suprised -> surprised

Qm57oFi.png

18 - Marlied -> Marleid

I have no screenshot for this one (I clicked too fast), but the Milletian referred to Marleid as "Marlied" during the conversation that takes place outside Dunbarton's Healer House, after delivering a potion sample to Manus.

IGN: Snowie (though during the time of running G23 I was still XSnowie+Tarlach)
Server: Nao

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wow. Nexon, please make sure your employees can spell.
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    #6 is a common enough grammar mistake (particularly in spoken English) that I didn't have a problem with it.
    #10 looks like correct usage to me.
    #14 isn't exactly wrong in spoken language. The question mark would give it an inflection he might not be using if he's being particularly forceful. All that comes down to is if leaving it off was intentional or not.
    #16 is the correct way to write it, dropping the comma is incorrect.

However...

19 - This could be me forgetting a piece of lore, but I believe it's called Aliech Kingdom everywhere else. Eiler is more typically a reference to the season of Alban Eiler or Eiler Unit in the Alban Knights.
    g23-Eiler.PNG

20 - enought -> enough
    mabinogi_2019_06_23_002.png

21 - trying to stocking up -> trying to stock up
    mabinogi_2019_06_23_005.png

22 - "That is why her majesty asked that I accompany Caissa."
    mabinogi_2019_06_23_006.png

23 - portends -> portents (portend is the verb and portent is the noun)
    mabinogi_2019_06_24_003.png

24 - Partholonans -> Partholonians
    mabinogi_2019_06_24_004.png

25 - portends -> portents
    mabinogi_2019_06_24_006.png

- Caissa from Alexina Server
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Dam this is funny indeed. Nexon smh... XD
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited July 21, 2019
    Some additional typos that I found during G23 part 1 and 2. Since they just updated some typos from part 1 two days ago, some of these might no longer be a problem (my part 1 screenshots are from last week).

Part 1:

01 MIlletians -> Milletians
    G23_Typo_1_Milletian.png

02 make take -> may take
    G23_typo_2_make_take.png

03 Marlied -> Marleid (I believe this is a different instance than the one referenced above)
    G23_typo_3_Marlied.png

04 him -> it
    I believe this one is from the investigation journal. It was talking about Hans drawing the flood that wiped out the Ban clan - there were no specific people mentioned.
    G23_typo_4_had_drawn_him.png

05 these -> they or this situation?
    She seems to be talking about Treasure Hunter and Pinky, so "these" doesn't work
    G23_typo_5_I_thought_these.png

06 It's -> it
    G23_typo_6_its_just.png

07 -> [Milletian] -> you, [Milletian]
    She's talking about us in third person in the first line then second person in the second line
    G23_typo_7_third_and_second_person.png

08 We + We've -> you + you've
    Ascon says "we" and "we've" even though he's not planning on going anywhere
    G23_typo_8_Weve_got_time_to_go_without_me.png

09 he -> she
    This is from the random dialogue that pops up when reading the journal. Altam appears to be calling Avelin the cruel one, so it should be she
    G23_typo_9_Avelin_the_he.png

Part 2:

01 Duinn.Isn't -> Duinn. Isn't
    G23_typo_10_duinnisnt.png

02 Scathach Beach -> Springs
    Odran tells us to go to the springs, and the quest destination is the springs, but the quest window says the beach

Apparently "Scathach Beach" refers to the entire area, so I'm wrong.
    G23_typo_11_Scathach_Beach.png

03 fire!We'll -> fire! We'll
    G23_typo_12_firewell.png

04 feel like -> feel life
    G23_typo_13_feel_like.png

05 apprciate -> appreciate
    G23_typo_14_apprciate.png

06 here -> there
    He's talking about Tara/Eirawen, but we're at Scathach Beach with the Alban Knights.
    G23_typo_15_Tara_is_not_here.png

07 You lost it, didn't you. -> It got lost, didn't it? or You never got it, did you?
    We never received the item in the first place (which Piran acknowledges) so saying that we lost it isn't accurate Also, it's missing a question mark.
    G23_typo_15_you_lost_what_you_never_had.png

IGN: Levont
    Server: Nao
  • FedoraDanFedoraDan
    Mabinogi Rep: 465
    Hey there, all of these typos have now been forwarded, thank you for taking the time to report them with screenshots and suggestions!