[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Orchestral melody scribing

MusicatMusicat
Mabinogi Rep: 1,570
Posts: 137
Member
edited July 16 in Nao Chat
Greetings.
As a matter of fact, I'm quite interested in putting an exact narrow-specified not-so-popular battle-themed composition (or maybe two or three) into Mabi. I've made an attempt about a year ago, but since my Compose skill rank is rather low, and I'm not that good at executing my creativity (and haven't used any facilities other than my hearing), the result was silly enough (still I submitted it, why not).
The musical script I'd like may be made for a single Music Scroll or for a Music Jam Scroll (depending on your skills/preferences) including different instruments (and, therefore, several scrolls inside of it). I can assure that the melody is really nice and it may fit in very well.
Would anyone be interested in that?

Comments

  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,160
    Posts: 1,345
    Member
    Musicat wrote: »
    Greetings.
    As a matter of fact, I'm quite interested in putting an exact narrow-specified not-so-popular battle-themed composition (or maybe two or three) into Mabi. I've made an attempt about a year ago, but since my Compose skill rank is rather low, and I'm not that good at executing my creativity (and haven't used any facilities other than my hearing), the result was silly enough (still I submitted it, why not).
    The musical script I'd like may be made for a single Music Scroll or for a Music Jam Scroll (depending on your skills/preferences) including different instruments (and, therefore, several scrolls inside of it). I can assure that the melody is really nice and it may fit in very well.
    Would anyone be interested in that?

    Is this an original composition?
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,570
    Posts: 137
    Member
    @Helsa , no idea, to be honest. Must be an original one or a national folklore remix.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,160
    Posts: 1,345
    Member
    So you have the data in text form and need someone with compose rank one to paste it into a scroll for you?
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,570
    Posts: 137
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    So you have the data in text form and need someone with compose rank one to paste it into a scroll for you?

    Nope. I have a melody to hear and scribe down.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,160
    Posts: 1,345
    Member
    Musicat wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    So you have the data in text form and need someone with compose rank one to paste it into a scroll for you?

    Nope. I have a melody to hear and scribe down.

    So you need someone to listen to a melody and translate it into text which can THEN be pasted into a scroll?
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,570
    Posts: 137
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    So you need someone to listen to a melody and translate it into text which can THEN be pasted into a scroll?
    Affirmative.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,160
    Posts: 1,345
    Member
    Musicat wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    So you need someone to listen to a melody and translate it into text which can THEN be pasted into a scroll?
    Affirmative.

    Alrighty then, so my being on Alexina doesn't matter here if I'm to help. By any chance is there a midi file of the tunage you want?
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,570
    Posts: 137
    Member
    @Helsa , well, um, as long as I'm able to listen to how it sounds in Mabi, it's fine >w< I only have a YT background video, not sure if there's any MIDI file on it, but guess not.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,160
    Posts: 1,345
    Member
    Musicat wrote: »
    @Helsa , well, um, as long as I'm able to listen to how it sounds in Mabi, it's fine >w< I only have a YT background video, not sure if there's any MIDI file on it, but guess not.

    I guess you don't know the name of the tune then? What's the link?
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,570
    Posts: 137
    Member
    edited July 20
    Helsa wrote: »
    I guess you don't know the name of the tune then? What's the link?
    I thought I'd said something similar to that earlier. Maybe not. I'll give you the link personally.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,160
    Posts: 1,345
    Member
    Musicat wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    I guess you don't know the name of the tune then? What's the link?
    I thought I'd said something similar to that earlier. Maybe not. I'll give you the link personally.

    Do it from a forum PM not an in-game PM. I can copy and paste from here but not an in-game note.