Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Either increase the matching card game timer or...

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited July 7, 2019 in General Chat
Stop the rng sorting after each play. Every-time U miss a flip that's -2 sec off the 45 sec timer before another shot.

My few dedicated hours I manage to spare this weekend to tidy up g23 was wasted here.

This is brutal for us older folks.

s-9dc21a0495649b091468cec7209a5fa163e5a1b3.gif

P.s. A reduced card pairing count would work too.
Leineijustshowing

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    G23 in a nutshell. Yap, it's a bad generation.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    G23 in a nutshell. Yap, it's a bad generation.

I wouldn't say it's bad. It's more interesting and grindy in some places.
    I would say it's better than G19-G22. Others offered nothing, but only fights which were either too easy or too hard.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I somehow did it perfectly the first time, managing to remember everything I turned over. Maybe try this:
    Get a pen and paper. Hold the pen in one hand, your mouse in the other. Draw a grid equal to the game. Write does a short description of the picture (a word it reminds you of, or even a letter) on the paper grid. While exploring turn the tiles from left to right before going to the next row.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    jjeremy wrote: »
    I somehow did it perfectly the first time, managing to remember everything I turned over. Maybe try this:
    Get a pen and paper. Hold the pen in one hand, your mouse in the other. Draw a grid equal to the game. Write does a short description of the picture (a word it reminds you of, or even a letter) on the paper grid. While exploring turn the tiles from left to right before going to the next row.

He's not talking about the sliding puzzle.

He's taking about the card-flipping game first introduced in that event with the candy witch, the mini-game of which is slow to react.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I had to wait until the game was less laggy to be able to clear it. The card flipping animations were going so slowly it was impossible when I first tried. At times the animation would completely fail and I'd have cleared/greyed-out cards still facing their backs.

I had zero problems doing this mini game hundreds of times during both Candy Island events. Idk why the g23 version is so laggy.
    Sherri
  • JJJJ

He's taking about the card-flipping game first introduced in that event with the candy witch, the mini-game of which is slow to react.

I'm interested to know why you would think this advice could even apply to the sliding puzzle. What did you think I meant by "turn over"? Why would you think I'm advising to write down tiles to remember?
    Or were you commenting on what I was saying to tell other people that I'm not talking about the sliding puzzle? Why would someone assume that when the title on the thread refers to "the matching card game"?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Assigning words or imagery to each different image definitely helps you remember where each one is. I either came up with a short silly scenario or word to quickly identify an image which helped me remember where it was when I flipped it over.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I agree, this game from g23 needs more time. -_-
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

I'm interested to know why you would think this advice could even apply to the sliding puzzle. What did you think I meant by "turn over"? Why would you think I'm advising to write down tiles to remember?
    Or were you commenting on what I was saying to tell other people that I'm not talking about the sliding puzzle? Why would someone assume that when the title on the thread refers to "the matching card game"?

I'm saying to YOU that Rhey is not talking about the sliding puzzle.

Your solution makes no sense for the matching game.
  • JJJJ
    edited July 11, 2019

It's essentially a memory game. Just because writing things down doesn't help you remember, doesn't mean other people can't benefit from writing things down. It's a memory game. If you write things down you don't have to remember them in your head since they will be on the paper.
    When you flip the cards they flip back again after a few seconds so that you can no longer see them. But they are actually still the same card. You need to know what picture is on the other side so that if you come across the same picture on a different tile you will know where to match it. People have trouble with remembering what picture is on the other side because they forget, but writings on paper will stay there where you can see them. Understand now?
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 11, 2019

It's essentially a memory game. Just because writing things down doesn't help you remember, doesn't mean other people can't benefit from writing things down. It's a memory game. If you write things down you don't have to remember them in your head since they will be on the paper.
    When you flip the cards they flip back again after a few seconds so that you can no longer see them. But they are actually still the same card. You need to know what picture is on the other side so that if you come across the same picture on a different tile you will know where to match it. People have trouble with remembering what picture is on the other side because they forget, but writings on paper will stay there where you can see them. Understand now?

Theres no time to doodle in the paper when time is running and cards won't flip by themselves...
  • JJJJ
    Greta wrote: »

Theres no time to doodle in the paper when time is running and cards won't flip by themselves...

Oh yeah, I suppose most people aren't ambidextrous.
  • GretaGreta

Some*
  • HurroHurro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    10/10
    N/A patch with longer Timer.
    Soon TM*
    inb4
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 13, 2019
    I'm backing out of clearing g23 inb4 event ends.

My short spare time is already stacked against me along with this Puzzle Bs.

giphy.gif
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I feel your guy's pain. It took me quite a few tries and when I succeeded it was on the last half second. I've helped people on discord by doing screen share. Sometimes having a pair of second eyes helps. :)
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited July 14, 2019

Grats on still missing the point entirely.

The issue is the fact that the cards take far too long to flip over, both when you get a match correct, and when you don't. And, if the server (or your comp) is extra laggy, there's that rare moment when the game thinks you're trying to flip over three cards, or the same card twice (like a double-click), which just eats up more time.
  • JJJJ

Grats on still missing the point entirely.

The issue is the fact that the cards take far too long to flip over, both when you get a match correct, and when you don't. And, if the server (or your comp) is extra laggy, there's that rare moment when the game thinks you're trying to flip over three cards, or the same card twice (like a double-click), which just eats up more time.

Can you record and upload this issue? I doubt Nexon will fix something without a video showing what exactly is wrong.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I was lucky to beat it with 6 seconds left when i just click randomly get the feel for the pattern only to end up pretty lucky.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    It just take some time to get used to. Much like the Candy event with the card match making. Or the Type-setting for the Party Jam to get the music buff and animation on your feet. The event just enhances your rewards if you should finish it. Other than that...no real loss.

There is just enough time to finish the card game. Just need some patience and...possibly better latency when the server/net isn't so busy? Best of luck should you try again. If not....it's probably because of all the events atop of G23 being newly released. Probably wait til most of them are over will free it up? I hope.