Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This hurts to say but i think i need to leave Mabi

BorrivaBorriva
Mabinogi Rep: 670
in General Chat
So I'm going to get this out of the way now. This isn't a hate letter, I love Mabi and that's why it hurts that I now see the game is the cause of my resent depression. And no this isn't a pity party. I've had depression for years and Mabi helped. But not any more.

This is just something I need to get of my chest. And I doubt that a Mod/Dev would ever see or care about this post. But I've hit a wall. No matter what I do. No matter how hard I try. How many skills I acquire. I still feel weak, as an Alchemist.

And my friend has explained that from her perspective she's a Malitian (I know I misspelled it, I don't care.) And as one she'll use any tool she needs. Which is fair. But that's not why I play Mabi. I play to Roll Play as an Alchemist.

Which is getting pointless. You can't use Barrier Spikes like anywhere and when you can they don't synergize with any of your other alchemy. Cloud is getting pointless. You can't use it mid combat, doesn't work when you need it. Golem is brain dead since they introduced puppet. Shock isn't really worth the effort it takes to acquire and now doesn't work on bosses or general mobs. Same for hydra. Life drain doesn't recover enough health in endgame. Frozen Blast is so useless I forget it exists. And can we just all agree that the Mana crystallization adv magic crystals are too slow to load and too weak to bother using. That leaves the basic 4 combat skills. Sand Burst... It was better when it could multi blind the same target and had 5 charges. I'll keep the cool down if I could have that back. Flame Burst... My strongest skill that I get to deal the least damage with. If it isn't lag its an friend smacking the target out of the AoE. While you're stuck there. So that leaves Water cannon and wind blast as the only skills that aren't bad... It would also be nice if synthesis had a non random option.

And my final grievances are with the reforge system as a whole. It's pay to win. That's fine I don't have an issue with that. But how random it is. How hard it is the understand what reforge tools do what. I'd be okay with this particular pay to win if they were labeled properly as to how they were going to affect your reforge and if they were random but only within talent for weapons. I don't expect anything to change. And I only speak for myself. But I feel this may be why people are leaving Mabi.

Also want change to my skills. Introducing new Cylinders I'll never be able to get... Just makes it worse. Oh and Alchemy cost too much to use because of crystals and repairs. And the fact the weapons do nothing but work against the user sucks. And before anyone mentions the new Cylinders I'll just say that they might as well be unobtainable.

Sherrijustshowinglilblkrose

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 19, 2019
    I still feel weak, as an Alchemist.

Well there's your problem. Alchemy is barely a supplement for buffs and debuffs these days, like shock or rain casting. That skill tab was the LAST thing I ranked. Plus the combat skills in there are slow as hell. It's just not something you would use in advanced or abyss dungeons. We didn't need new weapons, Alchemy needs a revamp to make it relevant again.

I know you are dead set on being an alchemist because you are a FMA weeb, but leaving the game without considering other more efficient talents and combat methods is pretty silly.
    FaithrendByffKakiPi
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I can't address all your concerns but I can address a couple of them: Raincloud and Golem.

Raincloud, if you find yourself putting raincloud up during combat then you have approached the fight wrong. Besides if you could always put up a cloud mid fight the game would be no challenge whatsoever. For raincloud you put it up first then trigger the monsters, when it expires you use lullaby. Before lullaby expires you put up a second raincloud. As long as new monsters are being introduced then you may be able to go back and forth between raincloud and lullaby.

Golem. Golem is not like a puppet. Golem is a range skill. It's a smart missile you can virtually shoot through walls. Think of it that way. With a golem you can stand behind a barrier and send the golem round to fight. When it dies you plunk down another and another and another and so on. You can't do that with a puppet. With a puppet you can trade agro but the user is exposed. Golem has saved my tushy many-a-time.
    SherriAquasolWolfsingerFaithrendBlissfulkillZerpophianKakiPi
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I think you might be going about alchemy the wrong way. Alchemy is awesome, I agree. It remains as my main talent even though I can out-damage it in other talents. The only reforges I use are free ones from events and I use basic cylinders so that I don't get a penalty on other elements.
    The biggest issue is that the party you're with will DPS all over you before you can get a chance to load your second flameburst. The next issue is that you're useless in end-game dungeons.
    So here's what you need to do: You need to find other alchemists to run things with like HM dungeons, Abyss, Alban, atc. The difficulty should be just about right for alchemists and since there will be only other people of the same strength you won't feel like you're doing nothing. For repairs, you can use a Beginner cylinder which has a repair cost of 1g per point. Crystals should drop often enough if you do the daily SMs on Hard/Elite. Also SMs are pretty much made of alchemists. The sand burst of the blinkers, the shock of the Partholons! Are you on Nao? Come join me and we'll rule the world as casual player alchemists!! My IGN on Nao is Jeremy.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Ok. Bye i guess?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sometimes, it is always good to take a break and take on some other activity. A balanced lifestyle is a good lifestyle.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Meanwhile alchemy is one of the highest damage outputting skill sets in the game...

"My damage isn't good, but I can't get more damage because I don't want to it takes effort so I'm quitting"

is the tldr of what you said.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »
    Ok. Bye i guess?

Rood.
    Faithrend
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    This is just my personal opinion, but I see Alchemy as a defensive/support role for the most part, as a lot of it involves securing the player or party while being able to limit enemy movements and deal damage. So especially when combined with music, you’ve got a serious shield tank.

Compare and contrast to skill sets like Fighter and Chain, who rely on greater risk/reward systems wherein a player dumps everything into a few attacks and hopes that either the enemy perishes before they run out of moves, or that they can manage to keep away until more can be unleashed.

Since you’re into RPing, I suggest mulling over changing your perception of certain other skillsets, which could work from an alchemically-enhanced background, like dual guns, or like how chain blades function similarly to (Soulcalibur’s resident alchemist) Ivy Valentine’s living extendable sword. There’s a lot to explore, and plenty of room to get more powerful in order to boost your main set!
    CrimsọnShakaya
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Gaea wrote: »
    Ok. Bye i guess?

Rood.

If ever i'm going decide to quit this game, no one will even realize it, because i won't announce it anywhere publicly. Pretty sure Mabinogi community has seen enough of such threads.
    Wolfsinger
    Ok. Bye i guess?

Rood.

If ever i'm going decide to quit this game, no one will even realize it, because i won't announce it anywhere publicly. Pretty sure Mabinogi community has seen enough of such threads.

Does it matter though?
    Kaga
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah! Get yourself some decent guns to use with your alchemy skills or use some beam swords!

ELX5GiA.png
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Ok. Bye i guess?

Rood.

Does it matter though?

It depends on the person and should be viewed in a case by case basis. Maybe some folks are just engaging in sour grapes but maybe not all are. But even so, as Kensamaformerlyofmari says: Does it matter though? It doesn't.

On a side note, a distinction has to be made here between Battle Alchemy and Construct Alchemy (or Transmutation). They are two different animals entirely. Like all non-close combat, fighting disciplines they all will include elements of different disciplines. Who does not use, say, Counter Attack with (insert discipline here). I don't use Battle Alchemy as my main means of offense, but if I equip a shield, it's a guard cylinder because throwing sandburst, and to a lesser extent windblast, into a combo is a useful thing to do.

Construct Alchemy is a very different thing entirely. When you are completely outclassed by the combat situation, it has the best chance to see you through it. On the other hand, it IS slow, it IS boring, it DOES require a lot of patience. In short, it's not all that fun. But if you've hit a wall, it just might get you beyond it.
    SherriFaithrendWolfsinger
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    So, Lets get this started, Hi I'm Alchemy from the Nao server, Alchemy is situationally good, but probably one of the most expensive things you can do in game.

The major flaws in alchemy is that is essentially requires an Erg 50 cylinder to use effectively. At erg 50 the cool down of chain cylinder is reduced to 0 seconds. This allows you to infinite chain cast water cannon or flame burst. You combine this with the future addition of the lvl 75 ego cylinder buff (-1s Water cannon animation lock) and you can blast out WC faster than firebolt. Flame burst with the flame burst duration increase can hit 8 times (hat reforge level 15) or up to 9 times (echostones level 20). This a flame burst some of the best AOE dps in game as it can do 8 tics of damage in 4 seconds at Erg level 50.

The problem is, getting to Erg level 50 is very hard and very expensive. So expensive that you'd realistically want to do it on a best in slot cylinder, that being the Perseus or the Revenant. You can get away with a revenant to avoid getting two kraken hearts, but it's still a very costly subject matter. What it really comes down to is that for the amount of money it would take to get alchemy to being useful, you could use that equal amount of gold elsewhere and get more out of it.
    FaithrendAquasolImaizumiWolfsingerSherriUrufuLaticijaChaosShadow
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Is this an Alchemy Revamp Feedback thread I foresee?
    giphy.gif
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerSherri
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Make Alchemy Relevant again.

Stop nerfing it.

All the buffs it used to had as the norm and then some+revamp/balance Mabi's content to support not outright make alchemy irrelevant.

I don't even see people bust out alchemy srsly anymore and anytime I do see it, its nothing more than a gimmicky response to spice up a monotone easy run.
    Sherri
    Rhey wrote: »
    Make Alchemy Relevant again.

Stop nerfing it.

All the buffs it used to had as the norm and then some+revamp/balance Mabi's content to support not outright make alchemy irrelevant.

I don't even see people bust out alchemy srsly anymore and anytime I do see it, its nothing more than a gimmicky response to spice up a monotone easy run.

Add some explosions to alchemy and people would gladly jump in.
    Wolfsinger
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Try being a human archer
    Byff
    Faithrend wrote: »
    Try being a human archer

Pretty sure still better off than an alchemist.
    Sherrijustshowing
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    Try being a human archer

Idk I use both and I would say there about the same and I have reforged hunter huntress combo with reforged set but both my alchemy and archery weapons items are endgame not trying to get off topic just stating your not the only talent that has to look at fights strategically for me the whole point of roll playing a weaker talent is to still be helpful and clutch enough to do all content and or be helpful in a party
    Try being a human archer

Idk I use both and I would say there about the same and I have reforged hunter huntress combo with reforged set but both my alchemy and archery weapons items are endgame not trying to get off topic just stating your not the only talent that has to look at fights strategically for me the whole point of roll playing a weaker talent is to still be helpful and clutch enough to do all content and or be helpful in a party

I just found beginner alchemy to be a chore to train combat wise versus beginner archery.
    FaithrendWolfsingerjustshowing