[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

RE: Name Changes on the Forums

Comments

  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,575
    Posts: 2,220
    Member
    Crims wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    They're doing what?

    If you want to change your name from TNinja to NinjaT message Kath.

    No I mean, people really out there making new accounts just for a name?

    Supposedly.

    See I messaged Kath on here a day before she posted this. I was requesting a forum name change to reflect my main's ign. I guess she saw this as an opportunity to reduce the alts around here. Thing is though, before Sabina left Sabina actually helped people with their user names, including mine long ago. I'm glad that we have this ability again though, I didn't know we lost it. lol.

    It shouldn't become an overwhelming task because I agree the forums are an ancient resource barely anyone uses especially with discord around. The forums are here for us old veterans too stuck in their old ways of communicating. ;)

    I bet if it was up to Nexon there would be no forums and CM's would just post blogs where people could comment. heh.

    I've just preferred forums over Discord when it comes down to it. Both have their perks but there are flaws too.
    I'd personally rather read over posts and refreshing the page once in a while compared to 200 people messaging at the same time, making it hard to catch up on what's going on. (Obviously 200 is exaggerated, but there is quite a lot of people on most official servers.)

    Of course, not hating on Discord at all. It's good for making small groups for a few friends for an occasional voice chat or keeping in touch with a buddy, I just dislike how the bigger servers operate.
    SebastianWolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,165
    Posts: 1,622
    Member
    edited July 31
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    Thanks Kath!
    -formerly Gaea

    Fun fact: Crims backwards is Smirc :j
    Greta wrote: »
    Can we get Custom Forum Avatars while at it?

    It's good see a reversal of policy. Custom avatars would be good too, along with abandoning the necro-thread policy; duplicate accounts bad, duplicate threads good; huh?

    The customs aren't going to happen if certain ToS abuse recognition software currently can't be a viable money sink for Nexon NA.
    They're better off shipping KR's forum nerds here, and having them for a few weeks to work out their forum model of IGN character avatars.

    Remember my old Server Merge thread?
    Yeah, that one went on for some time too.
    Pretty sure I just ended up calling it a Megathread due to all the pages, and the Vmods were fine with it being necro'd/merged into anyways.
    I'm thinking we need some new type of "Hot Topics" where threads with the most posts/activity are.
    That way multiple topics will be lesser. (Hopefully)
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,980
    Posts: 597
    Member
    Crims wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »
    They're doing what?

    If you want to change your name from TNinja to NinjaT message Kath.

    No I mean, people really out there making new accounts just for a name?

    Supposedly.

    See I messaged Kath on here a day before she posted this. I was requesting a forum name change to reflect my main's ign. I guess she saw this as an opportunity to reduce the alts around here. Thing is though, before Sabina left Sabina actually helped people with their user names, including mine long ago. I'm glad that we have this ability again though, I didn't know we lost it. lol.

    It shouldn't become an overwhelming task because I agree the forums are an ancient resource barely anyone uses especially with discord around. The forums are here for us old veterans too stuck in their old ways of communicating. ;)

    I bet if it was up to Nexon there would be no forums and CM's would just post blogs where people could comment. heh.

    Sabina was one of the good ones.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,735
    Posts: 6,598
    Member
    edited August 1
    Sai wrote: »
    Sabina was one of the good ones.

    Actually...no. But I am going to reserve those opinions because this won't end well publicly. But please feel free to DM me.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 28,845
    Posts: 6,316
    Member
    Crims wrote: »
    Sai wrote: »
    Sabina was one of the good ones.

    Actually...no. But I am going to reserve those opinions because this won't end well publicly. But please feel free to DM me.

    Let's just say there's 2 sides to every coin.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 43,735
    Posts: 6,598
    Member
    Crims wrote: »
    Sai wrote: »
    Sabina was one of the good ones.

    Actually...no. But I am going to reserve those opinions because this won't end well publicly. But please feel free to DM me.

    Let's just say there's 2 sides to every coin.

    I know what you mean when you say that Kensa. :)
    But seriously, if you want to discuss this we can start a private thread.

    The customs aren't going to happen if certain ToS abuse recognition software currently can't be a viable money sink for Nexon NA.
    They're better off shipping KR's forum nerds here, and having them for a few weeks to work out their forum model of IGN character avatars.

    Remember my old Server Merge thread?
    Yeah, that one went on for some time too.
    Pretty sure I just ended up calling it a Megathread due to all the pages, and the Vmods were fine with it being necro'd/merged into anyways.
    I'm thinking we need some new type of "Hot Topics" where threads with the most posts/activity are.
    That way multiple topics will be lesser. (Hopefully)

    The only problem with injecting that function into these forum is that it would require time and money. Time and money Nexon would rather put somewhere else or just keep.