Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Avoid Channel 1 Alexina When On Connous Beach

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Crims wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    I love it. This is awesome. Why can't you people just laugh and find this funny? smhlol.

Reminds me of that one Abb Neagh fishing event, everyone went AFK fishing and I'd just purposely lead that Loch Ness Monster over and watch everyone die.

It was beautiful :')

It was beautiful. :'D

Greta just doesn't know how to grief at the most opportune moment. It is glorious when you get that perfect moment. I laugh when I grief players, I laugh when other players grief other players, I laugh when people grief me. People just don't get it. You got all these newbs to the internet that don't appreciate a good griefing. lol.

Its a griefer's job to make the game fun on its own course either by a will just to mess with folks or out to make it funny. Don't get me wrong folks I HATE! Griefers with a passion but its because of them they kept it fun for me for a game that allows it.

One thing that could be fun was Karma system for a griefer the higher the karma the higher the risk of losing something on death while making the world his/her enemy, this could be a great content creator for those who make grief videos or justice videos for the sake of quality fun because it gets stale and boring having it easy ALL THE TIME.

Tho no one really understood it...shame.
    Wolfsinger
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785

Don't afk in potentially dangerous areas folks. :trollface:

But what if you are forced to due to badly designed events?
    Anyone who just stares at their character sitting there fishing all day is crazy
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 26, 2019
    Sai wrote: »

Anyone who just stares at their character sitting there fishing all day is crazy

Homestead.

When you are rank 1 everything and have a decent gear and there is nothing left to do except boring ass events - it's time to make your own fun. Like seeing who has evg turned on for some reason and killing them while they are afk. I did that today. >:]

Don't afk with evg on folks. :trollface:
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Homestead.

Sometimes there are annoying sounds in homesteads.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Homestead.

Especially if you have livestock.
    Well, at least you'd be AFK.

Sort of a "If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?" situation.
    The answer would be "Yes, but at least you wouldn't be around to hear it since you're AFK."
    WolfsingerSherri
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Can always turn off the sounds e.o
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Homestead.

Especially if you have livestock.
    Well, at least you'd be AFK.

Sort of a "If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around to hear it, does it make a sound?" situation.
    The answer would be "Yes, but at least you wouldn't be around to hear it since you're AFK."

If a tree falls in your homestead and no one's around in it to hear it, does it make a sound?
    There are no falling tree sounds for mabinogi. :D

(Comments were deleted, GOOD. Was kinda angry about that comment, so thank you to whoever deleted it).
    Wolfsinger
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I think that kind of griefing is fun to some extent, but I don't think there is anything wrong with a PSA for ppl who want to avoid it
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    I think that kind of griefing is fun to some extent, but I don't think there is anything wrong with a PSA for ppl who want to avoid it

I mean ok yeah, it can get obnoxious after a 100x. That's why you have to pick your moments and not abuse them. =P
    BuffalosImaizumi
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Imaizumi wrote: »

I mean ok yeah, it can get obnoxious after a 100x. That's why you have to pick your moments and not abuse them. =P

Basically sums it up. Funny joke, but after the 42nd time.....
    I mean, Abb Neagh, I actually came back from afk just in time to see my dead body and the Loch Ness, and frankly I thought it was the funniest thing - I didn't even know Nessie was in the lake at the time, so that was a fun discovery as well.
    Its annoying losing armor and weapon blessings and all that, but in the long run I would prefer to enjoy what is funny as opposed to getting irritated all the time, so....I'll roll with the laughs so long as you're not being TOO big a jerk ;P Time those jokes, people!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    You guys seriously try to compare an aggressive NPC with a player who likes to grief for "jokes"? Really now?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    It's just a prank bro.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    It's funny the first time it is done. But since it happens every single iria event it's boring, rude and unnecessary. Go play another game if you get your amusement from grieving people.
    BuffalosGreta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 27, 2019
    I've argued this before in the past...if I bought those urns I reserve the right to use them wherever and whenever I want. But I've also said before they should of had that disabled in that area during events, especially if it "bothers" (a few) people so damn much. Once again they didn't do anything about that "problem".

So...how much does Nexon care about this issue? :)
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I've argued this before in the past...if I bought those urns I reserve the right to use them wherever and whenever I want. But I've also said before they should of had that disabled in that area during events, especially if it "bothers" (a few) people so damn much. Once again they didn't do anything about that "problem".

It's not so easy to just disable them during these events. Also you do not have the right to use them as your will because it states in the TOS that you will not harass or cause issues for players. So your breaking the TOS by purposely using them to do wrong to players. Also it's not a few it's a TON of people of dislike it.
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 27, 2019
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

It's not so easy to just disable them during these events. Also you do not have the right to use them as your will because it states in the TOS that you will not harass or cause issues for players. So your breaking the TOS by purposely using them to do wrong to players. Also it's not a few it's a TON of people of dislike it.

You know we haven't really had this issue on Nao I've noticed...

Well simple solution; if it bothers people so much, just ban those players for the duration of the event. Problem solved.
    (Don't ban me, I never had any urns just for the record and I don't prank people over and over).
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited July 27, 2019

Homestead.

Ah yes. I see. TEzXXAc.png
    i6Bl2B0.jpg
    (example is just the first to come to mind.)
    Danievictria
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Homestead.

Ah yes. I see.
    TEzXXAc.png
    i6Bl2B0.jpg

Luckily this event doesn't require you to afk at the beach, it can be anywhere and you'll still get your coins.

Just have to hope not to be unlucky enough to be in the middle of something like the dancing or the dyeing minigame.

Isn't it kinda weird, though? Aren't there already some places the game won't allow you to release monsters from the Urns?
    Doesn't it prevent you from summoning directly in the bounds of towns like Filia and Qilla Base Camp?
    Couldn't they just add a no-urn-summon zone to the beach area and be done with it?
    Could even just keep it permanently, rather than just blocking that area for the event duration.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 27, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Homestead.

Ah yes. I see.
    TEzXXAc.png
    i6Bl2B0.jpg

Luckily this event doesn't require you to afk at the beach, it can be anywhere and you'll still get your coins.

Just have to hope not to be unlucky enough to be in the middle of something like the dancing or the dyeing minigame.

Isn't it kinda weird, though? Aren't there already some places the game won't allow you to release monsters from the Urns?
    Doesn't it prevent you from summoning directly in the bounds of towns like Filia and Qilla Base Camp?
    Couldn't they just add a no-urn-summon zone to the beach area and be done with it?
    Could even just keep it permanently, rather than just blocking that area for the event duration.

See that's what I was saying, but some people think it can't be done. 9dnGeIh.png

Sometimes it's necessary to take preventative measures Nexon. I mean there are other places people can use those summon urns. To make it easier on yourselves why not just make that a no summon urn area? It's just one little area. No one is going to miss being able to summon monsters there except the spazzes.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited July 27, 2019
    To be honest though, Loch Ness would of killed people either way since it likes to go under the water and pop up in different areas around the lake lol