[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

MabiNovel Still Bugged

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 15,575
Posts: 2,222
Member
in Bugs and Glitches
Hello! It seems that MabiNovel is still 'bugged' or 'glitched'.
(Yes, some people still use and create MabiNovels. It's not completely dead.)
When I am done making a MabiNovel, I try to publish it, enter it's title, and click 'Enter Title and Submit'
However, nothing happens afterwards. It doesn't get published, no matter how many times I try.

I don't know why it could be doing this, I follow the rules on how to create MabiNovels and it doesn't exactly tell me if I'm doing something wrong.
It's been broken like this at LEAST since Nao merge.

I've heard stories of people not being able to save a draft of their stories too (although I seem to be able to just fine).

Thank you for reading!

IGN: Mizuli
Server: Nao (Formerly Mari)

Comments

  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,165
    Posts: 372
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    It's been broken like this at LEAST since Nao merge.

    It seems like this has been an issue since at least March. :(

  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,945
    Posts: 318
    Member
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    It's been broken like this at LEAST since Nao merge.

    It seems like this has been an issue since at least March. :(

    I think you misspelt "since release." Unfortunately, I don't think anyone at Nexon is familiar enough with its intricacies to find the issue, since it's a unique problem with an odd behaviour.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 28,855
    Posts: 6,326
    Member
    Draech wrote: »
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    It's been broken like this at LEAST since Nao merge.

    It seems like this has been an issue since at least March. :(

    I think you misspelt "since release." Unfortunately, I don't think anyone at Nexon is familiar enough with its intricacies to find the issue, since it's a unique problem with an odd behaviour.

    I don't think they want to commit any resources to fix it in general.
    And it should be misspelled btw. :)
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,165
    Posts: 372
    Member
    Draech wrote: »
    I think you misspelt "since release." Unfortunately, I don't think anyone at Nexon is familiar enough with its intricacies to find the issue, since it's a unique problem with an odd behaviour.

    Has it really been like this since the feature was introduced? In the past (probably years by now) I was able to publish books without the issues that have been mentioned across related threads. Agreed on the latter part, though, considering a user said the best (apparently?) customer support could give them was this response.

    And it should be misspelled btw. :)

    The "t" vs. "ed" thing might depend on where they're from.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 28,855
    Posts: 6,326
    Member
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Draech wrote: »
    I think you misspelt "since release." Unfortunately, I don't think anyone at Nexon is familiar enough with its intricacies to find the issue, since it's a unique problem with an odd behaviour.

    Has it really been like this since the feature was introduced? In the past (probably years by now) I was able to publish books without the issues that have been mentioned across related threads. Agreed on the latter part, though, considering a user said the best (apparently?) customer support could give them was this response.

    And it should be misspelled btw. :)

    The "t" vs. "ed" thing might depend on where they're from.

    True
  • CrisdaCrisda
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Posts: 3
    Member
    I hope it is okay for me to bump this thread. I am new to using Mabinovel and having the same problem as the OP but on the Alexina server. The game saved the entire draft I made after I removed quotation marks and the preview plays correctly, it just won't let me publish. I also do not think the draft broke any rules either, I haven't seen a pop-up or such for anything.

    I wonder if the issue has something to do with using the characters/backgrounds/music from newer generations. I still see new novels popping up on the bulletin board but they all use stuff from old generations. My novel is using Llywelyn and an Avalon background from G21. Has anyone been able to publish or has seen a novel published using content from G21 - G23?
    Sherri
  • KairiUJMKKairiUJMK
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    Posts: 38
    Member
    Same, it's still not working for me, and I pulled out a really hilariously cringey one too...
  • CrisdaCrisda
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Posts: 3
    Member
    Well, I tried making short test novels with the Knights but haven't been able to publish anything with them yet. This one was my latest attempt: https://streamable.com/xgvs0

    Also tried adding a background and music to the first scene, and removed brackets [] and stars * used in the novel but it didn't help. I guess those characters are bugged. I might try using some of the backgrounds next from that gen, or a solo Lly for another test. Kinda unfortunate you can only publish once a week, though. Anyone have tests novels to share for more data?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,575
    Posts: 2,222
    Member
    edited October 11
    Crisda wrote: »
    Well, I tried making short test novels with the Knights but haven't been able to publish anything with them yet. This one was my latest attempt: https://streamable.com/xgvs0

    Also tried adding a background and music to the first scene, and removed brackets [] and stars * used in the novel but it didn't help. I guess those characters are bugged. I might try using some of the backgrounds next from that gen, or a solo Lly for another test. Kinda unfortunate you can only publish once a week, though. Anyone have tests novels to share for more data?

    I'm starting to think that all the newer characters may be bugged too.. or anything new for that matter.. I've tried to publish another one but at this point, it seems NONE of my novels I make want to be published anymore.. Literally unusable for me unless it somehow accepts it in the future.. and it makes me angrier knowing Nexon will most likely not fix the danged issue.

    EDIT: Make that two novels I tried to make but was only.. something blocked by the stupid game. Entered the title and lo and behold, NOTHING HAPPENED.
    I even tried to use only old assets!

    Then I gave up and made a MabiNovel complaining about not being able to publish any and go figure, that one publishes JUST FINE!

    I want to punch a wall.
  • CrisdaCrisda
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Posts: 3
    Member
    Another week, another test. I tried posting a solo Llywelyn Mabinovel this time but nothing happened again. So this more or less confirms that all the Divine Knight portraits are bugged. I've seen Mabinovels using characters from the latest gens though, so I wonder why it appears to be just them that have issues. Link to test novel for reference: https://streamable.com/oc4e5

    As for the backgrounds from the Divine Knight collection books, I can confirm that all of them are bugged except Avalon Berg Mesa and Avalon Sanctum. The following scenes had to be removed from my test novel until it would be allowed to publish: Avalon Gate, Avalon Gate (Why does this appear twice?), Outskirts of Avalon, Avalon Knights' Epitaph, Avalon Yggdrasil, Avalon Abandoned Camp, Avalon City Ruins, and Avalon Forgotten Shore. Here is a link to the original form of the test novel for reference: https://streamable.com/48aim
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that all the newer characters may be bugged too.. or anything new for that matter.. I've tried to publish another one but at this point, it seems NONE of my novels I make want to be published anymore.. Literally unusable for me unless it somehow accepts it in the future.. and it makes me angrier knowing Nexon will most likely not fix the danged issue.

    EDIT: Make that two novels I tried to make but was only.. something blocked by the stupid game. Entered the title and lo and behold, NOTHING HAPPENED.
    I even tried to use only old assets!

    Then I gave up and made a MabiNovel complaining about not being able to publish any and go figure, that one publishes JUST FINE!

    I want to punch a wall.

    I feel your pain. I hope that identifying the items that have issues will expedite the process and encourage Nexon to respond but I know that could take years. May I ask what old assets you were using? I'd like to try them out myself to see if I run into the same issue as well. I'll be testing the music from the G19-G21 collection books next time.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,505
    Posts: 845
    Member
    Mabinovel is quite weird. I tried publishing a story a couple weeks ago using the default/base characters and settings. In fact, I tried it with no characters at all and it still didn't work. I just used the ciar dungeon, tir, and dunb backgrounds I think. I used base music as well, though I don't remember which. It just wouldn't let me publish it.

    I also was going to publish a series of mabinovels (have the whole series typed up in a text doc) but I started running into publishing issues on that one too. Granted, it's more complicated than the one I mentioned above. The system is definitely whack. There's no reason it shouldn't at least give us an error message as to what's wrong.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,600
    Posts: 158
    Member
    Maia wrote: »
    There's no reason it shouldn't at least give us an error message as to what's wrong.
    I've heard about someone receiving an error notification on publishing attempt in summer, so it's really chilly jelly weird.
  • PyrrusPyrrus
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    Posts: 6
    Member
    I tried to write some novels a few weeks/months ago but couldn't get them to publish, i did eventually after changing them a few times. I tried again last week but it wouldn't work so i just gave up on it. I'm on Alexina.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,600
    Posts: 158
    Member
    edited November 10
    Pyrrus wrote: »
    I tried to write some novels a few weeks/months ago but couldn't get them to publish, i did eventually after changing them a few times. I tried again last week but it wouldn't work so i just gave up on it. I'm on Alexina.
    How exactly did you change them eventually? It might help us investigate