Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Suggestion: Expiration warnings

aeternitisaeternitis
Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
in Feedback and Suggestions
With so many expiring items as rewards these days, I suggest something to warn us when an item is about to expire so we don't forget to use it. Maybe make the background of the item yellow 24 hours prior to expiry.
DanievictriaDraechKaiwyth

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Isn't why expiring items have a timer? Did you need more notifications to flash on your screen?
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Isn't why expiring items have a timer? Did you need more notifications to flash on your screen?

Actually, yes I do. The timer only appears if you hover over the item, and even then, 29 days 3 minutes and 1 hour 9 minutes will look the same with a quick glance. It's even harder to manage when you have eight Skill EXP Potions and only one of them is expiring, because it won't look odd to have this item in the inventory, so I won't remember that one of them is about to become useless..
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Not a bad idea, in the meantime I keep expiring items in their own bag placed in order of remaining life. To be sure, it's a manual bookkeeping system but it does seem to work for me.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    How about just not having so many expiring things to begin with?
    Maia

They should reduce and recycle them, increase the use by time.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Yellow background for 24h expiring items would be perfect. It's not an intrusive popup, just something to make you take a closer look at the item that's looking a little weird. Maybe even an orange background for items less than 1h to expiry. How do we actually get KR to implement this?

Megasoul
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Eralea wrote: »
    Yellow background for 24h expiring items would be perfect. It's not an intrusive popup, just something to make you take a closer look at the item that's looking a little weird. Maybe even an orange background for items less than 1h to expiry. How do we actually get KR to implement this?

Although the alternative horrorscape of on-screen notifications from Ferghus for every single nearly-expired item is a close second....

"Ha ha ha! Your [Puppetry 2x EXP Potion (10 Minutes)] is about to expire!"

Megasoul wrote: »

Although the alternative horrorscape of on-screen notifications from Ferghus for every single nearly-expired item is a close second....

I've had an unrestricted pass expire yesterday
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

My Metal Dye expired today without me realizing... Also Unrestricted Dungeon pass expired yesterday... Kinda shame on those. Also other stuff expired like Skill Training Potions and such, but didn't care about that.
    Greta wrote: »

My Metal Dye expired today without me realizing... Also Unrestricted Dungeon pass expired yesterday... Kinda shame on those. Also other stuff expired like Skill Training Potions and such, but didn't care about that.

RB pots are easiest to expire.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Not that easy, dude.