Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The biggest victim to the server merge

BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
in General Chat
Its the bard board. Have you seen it recently?
Not sure how it was with most servers. mari had them. sure. like herpies. you cant stop them foreever. but you can treat them.
but next to the herpies, a large, open canvas. now its all just herpies. and that herpies is silent yvvona garbage. Seriously. stop up voting this . i know theres a reknown bonus for people downloading other things, but its awful.

a good portion of the "favorited" tab is just silent garbage. over. and over. do we really need every upload of a silent yvvona to be on the favorite section of the bard board? there use to be quite a few good ones uploaded. its practically dead now. not to mention all the discarded uploads now lost.

What really sucks is how the fav system works in general. theres not even a private fav tab. its all a community favorite. i disagree with this community, i hate having silence be the best song; the only exception being the sound of silence cover by distrubed. shits pretty good. I dunno i just feel like that entire section of the game got nuked and it was just a free for all to be the first page of the fav tab.
Sherri

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited August 8, 2019
    Silence like a cancer grows indeed
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    sounds_of_silence_770_436_90_s.jpg
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    YES! THANK YOU!
    We need the dang thing moderated or SOMETHING!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 8, 2019
    Dude, it took me awhile until i realized and remembered what Bard Board is. Lol. Never used it again after update.

No idea how it looks in Alexina. But the last time i saw it like half a year ago or more... There was plenty of those silent scores but i didnt care. Just thinking that Bard Board is poorly made because i disliked how the liking system was and the fact that search didn't work properly was the worst.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Greta wrote: »
    Dude, it took me awhile until i realized and remembered what Bard Board is. Lol. Never used it again after update.

No idea how it looks in Alexina. But the last time i saw it like half a year ago or more... There was plenty of those silent scores but i didnt care. Just thinking that Bard Board is poorly made because i disliked how the liking system was and the fact that search didn't work properly was the worst.

True, it was made rather sloppy..
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    People need to go upvote actual MUSIC, like Rising of The Shield Hero's OP (Rise) and such.

Maybe once people get enough renown training they'll forget about the bard board entirely listen to actual songs on there?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I'm quite out of the loop because I don't even know what the bard board is. haha!
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    Most often, people will upload other's people's work on the board without even giving the time to give proper credit to the ones who actually made the score and reap the upvotes for themselves. It's a bit frustrating to see your own work put up without credit.
    I just stay away from the board altogether.

It was badly implemented from the start, anyway. Just one more dead feature the second it came out. (Mabinovel? who uses that?)
    GretaWolfsingerSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Soll wrote: »
    It's a bit frustrating to see your own work put up without credit.
    How could someone else have done that?
    I just stay away from the board altogether.
    There are several different types of "Bards" in this game:
    a) Those that use the skills to buff, and aren't interested in jamming except to improve their stats,
    b) Those that like to play scrolls and jam for fun but don't know how to make scrolls,
    c) Those that know how to make them by copy/pasting text from online,
    d) Those that know how to make them by also downloading midi's and pumping them through 3ML,
    e) Those that know how to make them by keying them in, by ear or from sheet music, through 3ML,
    f) Those that can do all the above but make arrangements with personal touches,
    g) Those that can do all the above and also can make original compositions.

I'm type (g), and like you, brother, I see no reason to up/down load to/from the Bard board. I don't think we're alone in this regard, which may go a long way in explaining the situation the OP has related. It can be summed up by the aphorism: no true bard uploads to the Bard Board.
    It was badly implemented from the start, anyway. Just one more dead feature the second it came out. (Mabinovel? who uses that?)
    I have heard of folks actually making money with Mabinovel; it does seem hard to believe though.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 9, 2019
    Let's be honest, most people (most) who use the bard board are just looking for a renown scroll to download lol it makes sense that there's a yvona/briana renown scroll and a nele renown scroll on page 1. I guess I don't understand the need for multiple of the same scroll though. On Ruairi it was the same as it is now, there were no real songs for the first page or two.

That said, I like to hear people play ingame music and certainly would've liked to see more thought go into this board. Maybe more tabs like number of downloads or number of plays and then personal favorites for sure. Or if you could select a genre to upload your music as (anime, training, techno, rock, etc.) I don't know. Then at least you could filter out all the stuff you're not looking for.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I honestly don't have a problem with this. If they start moderating that board it will be nearly impossible to rank those renowns and players will get pissed. The only thing that should be moderated is mabinovel for raunchy fanfics. lol.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Crims wrote: »
    I honestly don't have a problem with this. If they start moderating that board it will be nearly impossible to rank those renowns and players will get pissed. The only thing that should be moderated is mabinovel for raunchy fanfics. lol.

Well, if they DON'T moderate mabinovel that way then maybe we can steal players away from Red Light Centre. :)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Helsa wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »

Well, if they DON'T moderate mabinovel that way then maybe we can steal players away from Red Light Centre. :)

giphy.gif