Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nao's Equipment Box Decision Advice

DanievictriaDanievictria
Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
in Help
I have a little problem with one of my female Giants. You see, she's not really a combat-oriented character, just a humble blacksmith. I've got her wielding dual maces right now and she's also still got the chain blade I bought for that one memoir quest (getting rid of it seems wrong, because I got a really good color combo from the shop), but basically all of her combat ability is concentrated in Close Combat. I used the Memoirs to push her past level 1000 for the massive AP cushion from the 2x AP events that have been running, and now I have the Nao's Equipment Box and Nao's Resplendent Equipment Box sitting in her inventory, waiting to be opened...and no idea what combat skills it would be best to use them for on her.

So, I'd like some opinions to help me decide. Female Giant, Blacksmith, what would be the best/most fitting equipment to go for from each of the boxes for her?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It depends what you want to have to support as a blacksmith, perhaps something that helps efficiency when grinding for materials.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    You'd probably want either the Lance or Combat for the resplendent, and the Magic option for the regular. Any large shield on a giant is a great option when maxing damage isn't a concern, and the sword will be a temporary but satisfactory option. The chain-cast wand will simply allow for variety, should you need it.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I think Magic is a good complement with regular combat for a blacksmith.