Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tips for commerce mastery?

HarukariHarukari
Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
in Help
Okay, having played this game for years, I'm just NOW touching commerce mastery. And truth be told, I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm at r8 and I'm stuck.

I read the wiki, and really didn't help me too much.
Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm not getting any training anymore.
I was using handcart rF~r8 since I couldn't afford the wagon at the time, but I finally got the wagon now.

'Earn 1k ducats in one single chunk'
'Earn 5k ducats in one single chunk'

Some tips on this skill would really be appreciated. I just want to finish it.

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Harukari wrote: »
    Okay, having played this game for years, I'm just NOW touching commerce mastery. And truth be told, I have no idea what I'm doing.
    I'm at r8 and I'm stuck.

I read the wiki, and really didn't help me too much.
    Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm not getting any training anymore.
    I was using handcart rF~r8 since I couldn't afford the wagon at the time, but I finally got the wagon now.

'Earn 1k ducats in one single chunk'
    'Earn 5k ducats in one single chunk'

Some tips on this skill would really be appreciated. I just want to finish it.

You really need to work on getting the elephant to get the weight increase and also get the extra slot if you have a commerce partner.

You may have missed your chance with the weekend's training bonus. You just need that, an all day bonus and some life skill pots to get those bonuses.

There are certain bulk items that will help you. There's travel distance but it will help.Try to set up certain lanes that will give you higher rates of profit. Don't spam the same lanes consecutively.

Try Tir -> Tara -> Bangor -> Belvast -> Emain -> Tir and then switch things up.
    Harukarikitgurl669
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    When you sell your goods, you need to be making a profit of 1k or 5k. The game isn't too clear on this, but a quick way to tell how much profit you've made is to see how much gold you got out of the sale, as commercing awards you an amount of gold equivalent to the ducat profit you made.

Wx9HffU.png

Of course, you can also multiply the red number (in the commerce interface) by the amount you're buying, if you want to determine beforehand how much profit you'll make.

In my screenshot, I could have split the shipment into two chunks and earned slightly over 1k for each, fulfilling the first requirement twice. Since I had sold it all in one chunk, I would have only gotten 1 count of training. It's more efficient to split shipments to get multiple training counts out of them.
    If I had commerce accessories or letters or a partner, I could get an even bigger profit out of the sale, allowing me to either split the sale into more chunks of 1k or make enough ducats to hit the 5k requirement.

You might hit a wall if the profit margins are so rubbish that you can't get 5k even with a full load.
    This is the case for Alexina right now as I'm writing this, as I know for a fact that 1) there are only two goods available to commerce newbies that can still hit the 5k req, and 2) I'm driving both of them down.
    KensamaofmariHarukarikitgurl669
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Thank you both! I was able to get Master Merchant and r2 Commerce Mastery
    I'll finish it up later on :D
    Kensamaofmarikitgurl669
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I usually use the Alpaca Wagon mount which can be selected if you have a Alpaca pet summoned when selecting your commerce mount and when accepting goods to transport. the Elephant mount can hold more but it is harder to see where bandits are when using it and it is slower. Alpaca Wagon is smaller then the horse wagon mount but moves just as fast and holds more then the horse wagon plus it is easy to see everything around you. most of the time I move between Bangor and Emain and Dance of Death and final hit are good ways to protect the items you are transporting (Encore is also very helpful since it can instantly refresh the Dance of Death skill and skip the cool down).
    KensamaofmariHarukari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited August 20, 2019
    Sell in lots. Don't worry about being robbed; it's not so bad.
    Harukarikitgurl669