Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hurricane Dorian

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited September 4, 2019
    Sherri wrote: »
    Wow, what's with all the backseat moderators? Especially with a topic like this? Yeesh.
    Anyway, I'm thinking of and praying for those affected/about to be affected by this hurricane.

Looks super floofy but it's actually floof of death >:c

Yeah Bahamas got wrecked but it's not going to be that strong when it hits the mainland. It's teetering from category 2-3 now. So honestly it's not going to be that bad. Definitely not no Katrina and I remember Katrina. There were rapes, looting, and murders galore. I know because my ex was stationed out there during that emergency, there was this girl pleading for help from them but they were not allowed to provide any kind of assistance from this base they were protecting. Long story short, they found her in a ditch a couple miles from the base. They found her while on patrol, I will spare the details.

There were a lot of horror stories with that hurricane, I am thankful that this one will not be that bad.

sgoi.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Storm system moves back over open waters and gains strength. That's how they usually go. As long as there's warm ocean water to feed energy into the atmosphere, that's it will get its fuel.

The Carolinas looks like the next target.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    My TV said it's gonna go after Canada (Nova Scotia). It'll probably be a bit weaker but still, don't underestimate it, prepare for it and stay safe everyone!
    My TV said it's gonna go after Canada (Nova Scotia). It'll probably be a bit weaker but still, don't underestimate it, prepare for it and stay safe everyone!

Nova Scotia has been hit by a couple post hurricanes in recent memory.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Surprised no one made a joke about Alabama, yet.
    GretaHarukariKensamaofmari
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470

The state alone is a joke. So why bother?
    SherriKensamaofmari
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715

Didn't think of that, but I am extremely ticked off at NOAA now.
    It's the fact they would support some guy who thinks nuking hurricanes is a GREAT idea instead of freaking SCIENTISTS that go to college for years and learn about this stuff.

Reminds me of this one quote I found.. I'mma go find it...

Found it;
    "You don't want a hurricane to become a Democrat or Republican object," Brian McNoldy, a senior research associate at the University of Miami's Rosenstiel School, told BuzzFeed News. "A hurricane doesn't care what political party you're affiliated with, and I really hope it doesn't turn into that."
    IDC that it's BuzzFeed, that isn't the point smh
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

It's the fact they would support some guy who thinks nuking hurricanes is a GREAT idea instead of freaking SCIENTISTS that go to college for years and learn about this stuff.

Found it;
    "You don't want a hurricane to become a Democrat or Republican object," Brian McNoldy, a senior research associate at the University of Miami's Rosenstiel School, told BuzzFeed News. "A hurricane doesn't care what political party you're affiliated with, and I really hope it doesn't turn into that."

Here's hoping the next presidential election offers us something better than the two gosh-awful choices we had last time and people wizen up, unlikely as that is at this point, all I'm saying.
    Radiant Dawn
    When Bahamas locals are saying that the air reeks of death that's pretty disheartening
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 7, 2019
    Wow, what's with all the backseat moderators? Especially with a topic like this? Yeesh.
    Anyway, I'm thinking of and praying for those affected/about to be affected by this hurricane.

Wolfsinger wrote: »

Found it;

Here's hoping the next presidential election offers us something better than the two gosh-awful choices we had last time and people wizen up, unlikely as that is at this point, all I'm saying.

Seriously, last election was a freaking circus. The media made it look like the Superbowl. It always boils down to the lesser of two evils. For me at the time, I just didn't want some bat bleep old lady to royally screw everything up with her crazyness. It was a feminist wet dream nightmare. Feminists just want her to become president just because she is a woman, it didn't matter what she represented. Couches were going to be burned in celebration of her winning or if she lost. Antifa was going to show up regardless. That was the mentality of the left we were dealing with at the time - and we're still dealing with it. But difference between then and now is that a lot of people have woken up.

But now Trump is going full stupid. He is the one who has become freaking crazy. I keep trying to point this out to my husband but he is 1000% alt-right. It has nothing to do with the right or the left. This president is about to make the cost of living soar without even raising the taxes WITHIN the US lol. We all need to recognize that it doesn't matter what side we vote for, it matters who is in the house.
    WolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Crims wrote: »

Found it;

Seriously, last election was a freaking circus. The media made it look like the Superbowl. It always boils down to the lesser of two evils. For me at the time, I just didn't want some bat bleep old lady to royally screw everything up with her crazyness. It was a feminist wet dream nightmare. Feminists just want her to become president just because she is a woman, it didn't matter what she represented. Couches were going to be burned in celebration of her winning or if she lost. Antifa was going to show up regardless. That was the mentality of the left we were dealing with at the time - and we're still dealing with it. But difference between then and now is that a lot of people have woken up.

But now Trump is going full stupid. He is the one who has become freaking crazy. I keep trying to point this out to my husband but he is 1000% alt-right. It has nothing to do with the right or the left. This president is about to make the cost of living soar without even raising the taxes WITHIN the US lol. We all need to recognize that it doesn't matter what side we vote for, it matters who is in the house.

To some degree, it matters what the person stands for and believes in as well, since that will affect which direction they want to point the country. But that's another argument and I don't wanna go full-blown political here.

Still, I do agree, and I hope to goodness that enough people have woken up for the next election to offer some GLIMMER of hope for this country, or I might just start considering moving for the first time in my life. Not that I'm sure there's anywhere else much better at this point but XD
    Radiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Crims wrote: »

Found it;

To some degree, it matters what the person stands for and believes in as well, since that will affect which direction they want to point the country. But that's another argument and I don't wanna go full-blown political here.

Still, I do agree, and I hope to goodness that enough people have woken up for the next election to offer some GLIMMER of hope for this country, or I might just start considering moving for the first time in my life. Not that I'm sure there's anywhere else much better at this point but XD

Yeah, but honestly all candidates are just a bunch of liars.
    Radiant DawnWolfsinger
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited September 8, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »

#SharpieGate.

5d7112712e22af7a7918d32c-750-375.jpg
    HarukariKensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited September 9, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »

#SharpieGate.

5d7112712e22af7a7918d32c-750-375.jpg

Hm...
    That looks like a pair of...
    :trollface:
    Kensamaofmari
  • WallSeriesWallSeries
    Mabinogi Rep: 330
    lmao, just do g23 to understand why the weather is like this... maybe u will archive the storm strider title irl too
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Oh I am under a damned rock, since when did this guy became weather forecast?
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    WallSeries wrote: »
    lmao, just do g23 to understand why the weather is like this... maybe u will archive the storm strider title irl too

Be better than now XP