Check out the patch notes for the June 18th content update, My Little Pet: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23192/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Feedback Survey!

Comments

  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,240
    Posts: 7,379
    Member
    I smiled. XD
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,480
    Posts: 2,272
    Member
    You know. I was having a conversation with someone and the topic was how Nexon basically nuked the elf and giant transformation quests and lore and gave them the paladin quest. It would be nice if we got that lore and content back.
    pawcalypseWolfsingerSollDragoolfireSherriKitt15
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,390
    Posts: 7,375
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    You know. I was having a conversation with someone and the topic was how Nexon basically nuked the elf and giant transformation quests and lore and gave them the paladin quest. It would be nice if we got that lore and content back.

    Lore in this game was lost long ago.
    pawcalypseDragoolfireSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,610
    Posts: 3,163
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    You know. I was having a conversation with someone and the topic was how Nexon basically nuked the elf and giant transformation quests and lore and gave them the paladin quest. It would be nice if we got that lore and content back.

    Lore in this game was lost long ago.

    Shya. Like, Shakespeare is a thing? Theatre missions? I mean what?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,390
    Posts: 7,375
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    You know. I was having a conversation with someone and the topic was how Nexon basically nuked the elf and giant transformation quests and lore and gave them the paladin quest. It would be nice if we got that lore and content back.

    Lore in this game was lost long ago.

    Shya. Like, Shakespeare is a thing? Theatre missions? I mean what?

    Shakespeare is sooo 16th century.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,375
    Posts: 738
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    You take away the botters you will still have inflation. The botters make it worse, to be sure, but to say no botters means no inflation would be incorrect.

    This is a classic straw man argument.

    See how Helsa has completely ignored the part where I said "Stop conflating normal inflation with the banana republic levels of hyperinflation that Alexina experienced", to make it look like I'm arguing that there would be "no" inflation? That's the straw man.

    Nobody is arguing that. Of course inflation in games exists and is normal. I'm arguing that our inflation was abnormal. It should have taken a good few more years to inflate to this level had the cheaters not existed.

    If a person used spawned-in gear to reach damage levels that are impossible now but might be possible in a few years, would that be all right? Would you still say "well there would still be power creep even without the cheaters"? It's technically true but it still doesn't negate the fact that it happened before it should have, in ways that shouldn't be allowed in fair gameplay.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,610
    Posts: 3,163
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Inflation is a problem but it's also an unsolvable issue. If players can choose to avoid gold sinks they will. If they enforce using gold sinks then the cure is likely going to be worse than the cold. The only way to be immune to inflation is to be a seller yourself. The super-rich in this game are so because they put the time, effort, and in many cases expense into being so; it's a game, no one was born wealthy. Unless everyone is willing to do the same there is just going to be a two-tiered virtual society. Doesn't this kind of thing happen in every multiplayer online game?
    Eralea wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    You take away the botters you will still have inflation. The botters make it worse, to be sure, but to say no botters means no inflation would be incorrect.

    This is a classic straw man argument.

    See how Helsa has completely ignored the part where I said "Stop conflating normal inflation with the banana republic levels of hyperinflation that Alexina experienced", to make it look like I'm arguing that there would be "no" inflation? That's the straw man.

    Nobody is arguing that. Of course inflation in games exists and is normal. I'm arguing that our inflation was abnormal. It should have taken a good few more years to inflate to this level had the cheaters not existed.

    If a person used spawned-in gear to reach damage levels that are impossible now but might be possible in a few years, would that be all right? Would you still say "well there would still be power creep even without the cheaters"? It's technically true but it still doesn't negate the fact that it happened before it should have, in ways that shouldn't be allowed in fair gameplay.

    Great! We're in agreement.
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    Posts: 103
    Member
    edited September 13, 2019
    People really need to stop using that "straw man" term, it doesn't award 'em any bonus points! (It often does quite the opposite, actually)

    Just leave poor Mr. Straw Man alone

    SoWYFrd.png
    WolfsingerKensamaofmariSherripawcalypseRadiant Dawn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,390
    Posts: 7,375
    Member
    XCalibie wrote: »
    People really need to stop using that "straw man" term, it doesn't award 'em any bonus points! (It often does quite the opposite, actually)

    Just leave poor Mr. Straw Man alone

    SoWYFrd.png

    Hay, it happens when people tend to skim than read.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,240
    Posts: 7,379
    Member
    XCalibie wrote: »
    People really need to stop using that "straw man" term, it doesn't award 'em any bonus points! (It often does quite the opposite, actually)

    Just leave poor Mr. Straw Man alone

    SoWYFrd.png

    Hay, it happens when people tend to skim than read.

    07313b972a02ef52e150de2dcc0421bd.jpg
    KensamaofmariSherripawcalypseRadiant DawnWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,060
    Posts: 2,533
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Let's also point out that people outright eat you alive if you try to say that you are planning to report gold sellers/buyers and modders.

    So proud of this community.

    Haha, if I come across any, I'll 10000% report them. Not like it will help but it'll bring mental stability for me. :')
    GretaKensamaofmari
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,375
    Posts: 738
    Member
    XCalibie wrote: »
    People really need to stop using that "straw man" term, it doesn't award 'em any bonus points! (It often does quite the opposite, actually)

    Most people misuse it. I am not one of those people.

    EhqyT.png

    Helsa is intentionally directing the topic elsewhere. It's almost like she doesn't want to acknowledge that there was rampant cheating on our server.

    But I get it. There's a large group of casuals who simply weren't in the loop, and another large group of casuals who are actively participating in the cancer. I don't really care which one she belongs to, there's no point in trying to explain things to someone who insists on deflecting the issue.

    Gaea/Crims isn't the only one who has given up on reporting anything to Nexon. I've known other active end-game players who quit out of disgust at both the cheating and Nexon's inaction whenever they tried to report dodgy stuff. Whether anyone acknowledges it or not, this is a factor that's affecting Mabi's player retention.
    GretaAlshianpawcalypseSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 45,165
    Posts: 6,629
    Member
    edited September 15, 2019
    Eralea wrote: »
    XCalibie wrote: »
    People really need to stop using that "straw man" term, it doesn't award 'em any bonus points! (It often does quite the opposite, actually)

    Most people misuse it. I am not one of those people.

    EhqyT.png

    Helsa is intentionally directing the topic elsewhere. It's almost like she doesn't want to acknowledge that there was rampant cheating on our server.

    But I get it. There's a large group of casuals who simply weren't in the loop, and another large group of casuals who are actively participating in the cancer. I don't really care which one she belongs to, there's no point in trying to explain things to someone who insists on deflecting the issue.

    Gaea/Crims isn't the only one who has given up on reporting anything to Nexon. I've known other active end-game players who quit out of disgust at both the cheating and Nexon's inaction whenever they tried to report dodgy stuff. Whether anyone acknowledges it or not, this is a factor that's affecting Mabi's player retention.

    Now she made a thread suggesting the idea for Nexon to sell Gold/Ducats in Cash Shop.

    Like... Really? Is this how the problem should be solved? By making things more easy and just giving them everything on the tray to further ruin economy of this dead game?
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,240
    Posts: 7,379
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    XCalibie wrote: »
    People really need to stop using that "straw man" term, it doesn't award 'em any bonus points! (It often does quite the opposite, actually)

    Most people misuse it. I am not one of those people.

    EhqyT.png

    Helsa is intentionally directing the topic elsewhere. It's almost like she doesn't want to acknowledge that there was rampant cheating on our server.

    But I get it. There's a large group of casuals who simply weren't in the loop, and another large group of casuals who are actively participating in the cancer. I don't really care which one she belongs to, there's no point in trying to explain things to someone who insists on deflecting the issue.

    Gaea/Crims isn't the only one who has given up on reporting anything to Nexon. I've known other active end-game players who quit out of disgust at both the cheating and Nexon's inaction whenever they tried to report dodgy stuff. Whether anyone acknowledges it or not, this is a factor that's affecting Mabi's player retention.

    Now she made a thread suggesting the idea for Nexon to sell Gold/Ducats in Cash Shop.

    Like... Really? Is this how the problem should be solved? By making things more easy and just giving them everything on the tray to further ruin economy of this dead game?

    We don't need that from Nexon. :smirk:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 14,610
    Posts: 3,163
    Member
    edited September 15, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    Now she made a thread suggesting the idea for Nexon to sell Gold/Ducats in Cash Shop.

    Like... Really? Is this how the problem should be solved? By making things more easy and just giving them everything on the tray to further ruin economy of this dead game?

    If I was calling for that I would have put my IGN and server in the first post. That thread is just to discuss the idea of having Nexon put the botters out of business by out-competing with them, since all other efforts by them have failed.
    Eralea wrote: »
    It's almost like she doesn't want to acknowledge that there was rampant cheating on our server.

    This thread has covered many issues including: hyper-inflation induced by botters, inflation in general being inevitable, creating a reboot server, and more. My point is that inflation is inevitable and that has been acknowledged as I have acknowledged that botters contribute to it.
  • CrimsCrims
    Mabinogi Rep: 48,240
    Posts: 7,379
    Member
    Botters are just a fact of life in games. That would be a TERRIBLE idea. Like seriously, if they considered doing anything like that they might as well shut this game down now.
    Sebastian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,650
    Posts: 1,210
    Member
    Hmm, so your saying have nexon sell us gold, make gold more worthless, and the botters will leave?

    "At what cost?"

    "Everything..."
    CrimsSherri
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,305
    Posts: 486
    Member
    Since Alexina, has no botters or gold-seller spammers, lately. This would be a great time to sieve through which accounts are causing the bots. I wish this was done preemptively during the server merge to catch the account(s) causing the trouble.
    Now, that they are in Nao, they have put all their eggs in one basket. Hopefully they will get caught, if any action is done against them at all.


    *Is there a connection to these bot/spammers with the Reforge sellers in Belvast?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,375
    Posts: 738
    Member
    Alright, I've popped into the other thread and I've found the reason we're not on the same page.

    Helsa wrote: »
    There will always be gold sellers, there will always be ad bots in Dunby Square.


    I'd like you to know that we're not thinking of the same bots. You're clearly thinking of the foreign gold selling businesses that have always been around in the game. The bots I blame for the current state of affairs in Alexina were player-made and operated, and distributed inside certain guilds.

    I understand that you probably haven't heard the existence of these people until now. You needed to either have been part of them, or have eyes and ears inside those cliques/guilds, to know what they were up to. Obviously 99% of players didn't have that privilege. I wasn't supposed to know any of this either, but I was lucky enough to be friends with people who used to have access to those guilds (and got blackballed when they made numerous attempts to alert Nexon of their activities).

    They had scripts for running missions with multiple alts, doing daily quests for adventurer seals and exp fruit, building squires, grinding skills etc; basically automating many things that were tedious and profitable. They used those cheats to fill their own bank accounts, and then paid extraordinary prices for all the good gear and useful things like rebirth potions. Others sold the gold to other players. These sellers aren't related to the ad bots, they're actual players in our server. When I mentioned trapping a bot on a fence earlier in this thread, it wasn't a gold ad bot - it was someone's main character, a person who has been leader/officer of several end-game guilds. This character is standing afk in Dunby right now.

    So I don't blame you for the confusion. I made it worse by being vague, which I had to do to avoid identifying anyone directly because of the rules regarding harassment.

    I actually think Nexon's done a decent enough job of curbing the botting and sales by those foreign businesses, so I don't really care about those. It's their inability to monitor and take down entire guilds of cheaters within their own playerbase that bothers me. These players were not permabanned like they should have been, and were basically allowed to continue pumping their ill-gained gold into our market to the point where it's at now.
    SebastianSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 32,390
    Posts: 7,375
    Member
    Sherri wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Let's also point out that people outright eat you alive if you try to say that you are planning to report gold sellers/buyers and modders.

    So proud of this community.

    Haha, if I come across any, I'll 10000% report them. Not like it will help but it'll bring mental stability for me. :')

    You're quite resilient.