Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

REBIRTHED FRIEND (Pet event)

Animelove89Animelove89
Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
in Help
So I don't understand how this event works. Does the pet keep every single stats or does it only keep one stat?

"Pets will rebirth as level 1 while maintaining the current stats, and higher resulting stats will be selected, should the stats after rebirth be higher than those from the previous life."

So lets say Intelligence was 100 and it rebirths to lvl 1 and you never rebirth it again. So its current intelligence will still be 100. It can't be lower since it didn't gain anymore intelligence?

What about people who went strong on their pets early game? What about those pets?

Rebirthed 7 times
All possible skills (within reason for human race to get more stats at the highest rank)
level 200 at age 1.

[img][/img][img][/img]Untitled-1_zpslcfdtsa1.png?t=1568597559

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh, it's not an event, it's a new system. So it's gonna be a permanent addition.

But yeah, it should be like, get a pet to Age 1 Level 200 stats, and even if you rebirth it, it will keep those stats unless you level it up later, rather than starting fresh with Lv 1 stats.
    I think this opens up the opportunity to do things like level up at age 1 for stats like Luck and level up at higher ages for stats like Int. (in general, not every pet acts that way)

So for your pet, I think it means that if you rebirthed with the new system, your Mimic would stay at those stats unless you levelled it up at a different age or something.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    the only problem with that is basicly in the end it was a wasted nx to do what I did lol. I would have to buy all the pet cards again to get certain stats maxed.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    edited September 17, 2019
    I cant find the page about the Rebirthed Friends. Also if we take into consideration of "Phoenix" We can start with a Phoenix to have the automatic 50 Protections on a pet? While rebirthing to another pet you will keep 50 protection? There is too many questions especially Im the one who actually spent so much to make a ridiculously strong mimic. (reason: Monster appear too strong to swallow)

Tiger (for rank 5 skills)
    Bone Dragon (Windmill and Petrifying breath)
    Cloud (rank 1 healing)
    Imp ( Rank 6 Elemental shields)
    Nine tail Fox (rank 1 elemental spells)
    Persian (Windmill again)
    Thunder Spaniel (Thunder)
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    I have all the questions you do. I imagine pet skills work like the old rebirth system for pets, where they can't use pet-specific skills like Petrifying Breath. But I do wonder about native stats (+50 Protection on Phoenix) and whether changing a pet into a new pet type requires a pet card (how can I use this system to it's best for, say, my Rainbow Sprite pet considering I can't buy cards for it?).
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong), rebirthing a pet the old way (via the character selection screen, which requires a pet card) functions just like it did before, with all the stats resetting and limitations on pet-specific skills. If you try to go through that process, Tin will tell you you're basically starting over and you wont get access to the perks.
    The stat retention and perks only work for the new system, where you rebirth the pet using either the Pet Rebirth Points or a Pet Rebirth Potion. You also can't change its appearance this way.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You don't need a card to use the new pet rebirth system.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Beryl wrote: »
    As I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong), rebirthing a pet the old way (via the character selection screen, which requires a pet card) functions just like it did before, with all the stats resetting and limitations on pet-specific skills. If you try to go through that process, Tin will tell you you're basically starting over and you wont get access to the perks.
    The stat retention and perks only work for the new system, where you rebirth the pet using either the Pet Rebirth Points or a Pet Rebirth Potion. You also can't change its appearance this way.

I'm assuming you tested this, since I've never heard about the Tin dialogue. That would still mean that you could get a pet with, say, the extra stat bonus/skill levels of pets like the Mini Unicorn (who has the highest ranked Rest at rank 6; if pet skill stats work the same as player's I imagine that gives +50 to a pet). But someone who did this already would have to confirm it, since I do not have the ability to do so.