Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The free horse and eagle

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited October 10, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Considering all the free pets given away throughout the years, would it hurt to finally give the free horse and eagle inventory? Give the free horse and eagle inventory, already.

Helsa0151 of Alexina.
KensamaofmariLastSaturdayDanievictriaSherriDarkpixie99Yoriden

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I haven't heard of an instance of them changing an already implemented pet's inventory size.
    They'd probably just revamp the tutorial to give new pets that actually have inventory.

Kind of like when they changed the free pet from an expiring Thoroughbred.
    They didn't just unexpire the one they already gave out, they just added the new ones to the tutorial quest.

It is kind of silly that they hand out inventory-less pets from the tutorial.
    Not quite the best introduction to pets for a new player, at this point.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I still have an expired thoroughbred somewhere. Idk why.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I still have an expired thoroughbred somewhere. Idk why.

I still have the card for the expiring thoroughbred.
    KensamaofmariLastSaturday
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Yeah, I never got why they decided that the free horse and eagle should have no inventory to begin with. It doesn't make buying a cash shop pet any more enticing, and it's annoying as a new player when you go to the inventory option on your pet's menu and nothing happens. At first, I thought it was a bug or something. I mean, at least black out the "Manage Inventory" button on them instead of having it looking like you can activate it only to get zero feedback from your repeated clicks as you become increasingly frustrated and puzzled with this turn of events and eventually break down and Google what the heck is going on. (Yeah, that's a thing)

I say that when we rebirth the horse and eagle, we should get their inventory activated. Make it part of a new tutorial quest or give everyone a free item to use on them when we rebirth them--Enchanted Saddle Bag or something like that--that will unlock their inventory either right after using it or on their next rebirth. That would fix the problem.
    Yeah, I never got why they decided that the free horse and eagle should have no inventory to begin with. It doesn't make buying a cash shop pet any more enticing, and it's annoying as a new player when you go to the inventory option on your pet's menu and nothing happens. At first, I thought it was a bug or something. I mean, at least black out the "Manage Inventory" button on them instead of having it looking like you can activate it only to get zero feedback from your repeated clicks as you become increasingly frustrated and puzzled with this turn of events and eventually break down and Google what the heck is going on. (Yeah, that's a thing)

I say that when we rebirth the horse and eagle, we should get their inventory activated. Make it part of a new tutorial quest or give everyone a free item to use on them when we rebirth them--Enchanted Saddle Bag or something like that--that will unlock their inventory either right after using it or on their next rebirth. That would fix the problem.

For those pets, there isn't an inventory option.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited October 11, 2019

Totally. Since, due to their lack of inventory, their summon time is less valuable than my other pets, if I need a mount to move faster or I need a mount to fly, I use them. Why would I use up time on a more valuable pet if I don't have to? It's why, during this event, so many folks used the horse to count-down the half-hour, and, when the event would no longer count that, the eagle. Right now, their main asset is that they are zhiddier than other mounts; that ain't sayin' much.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695

For those pets, there isn't an inventory option.

Last time I checked mine, there was.
    Helsa wrote: »

Totally. Since, due to their lack of inventory, their summon time is less valuable than my other pets, if I need a mount to move faster or I need a mount to fly, I use them. Why would I use up time on a more valuable pet if I don't have to? It's why, during this event, so many folks used the horse to count-down the half-hour, and, when the event would no longer count that, the eagle. Right now, their main asset is that they are zhiddier than other mounts; that ain't sayin' much.

Their abilities also aren't that special versus some of the other things paid/free event pets have to offer.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I never use them because of their lack of inventory, I summon them for nostalgia here and there though. They deserve an inventory like other pets, even if they were smaller than most of todays pets.
    Danievictria
  • HelsaHelsa
    It'd mean more storage available to newer players. Perhaps enough for their hoarding instincts to kick in, and hook them on the game!
    SherriDanievictriaYoriden