Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[Enchant] Bad/Terrible Luck or False-Advertising ?

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
I cannot help but to have to call out «False Advertising» on the displayed Success-Rates when it comes to Enchanting items... especially higher-ranked Enchants. Whilst I did eventually get the «Rhythm» (r4) Enchant onto my Chalumeau (buying new ones over and over again from Yvona), before the enchant finally worked, I destroyed at least FOURTEEN (14) Chalumeaux attempting, even though with Elite Magic-Powder, success-rate was displayed at 27% (I ran out of Ancient Magic-Powders and had only r2 Enchant at the time even though maybe I should have waited until Thursday despite preferring not to have to spend Adventurer-Seals on Enchant-Expiration-Removal-Scrolls if it can be helped).

Said experience has resulted in me being compelled to create this thread/post... including the need to throw in a poll with obvious options/choices...
  1. [Listed Enchant Success-Rates] Bad/Terrible Luck or False-Advertising ?24 votes
    1. You're Definitely Some Sort of Walking Magnet for Bad or Terrible Luck (the RNG-Gods Just Hate You)!
       33% (8 votes)
    2. Definitely False-Advertising; Always Assume Enchant Success-Rates are Only 10% of What is Displayed!
       17% (4 votes)
    3. No Comment
       4% (1 vote)
    4. Shh, Secretly, This is a Sneaky Way to Make You Buy More Enchant Protection Potions, a Conspiracy!!!
       25% (6 votes)
    5. ...because... Aliens...
       8% (2 votes)
    6. ...this Poll does not have enough Options
       13% (3 votes)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    You have Aqua sama's luck.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited October 15, 2019
    14 tries doesn't seem that crazy. Maybe you're interpreting the "success rate" wrong. 27% does not mean that you'll be sure to get it in like 4~ tries. It means each try has a 27% chance of success for each individual try. You then have to do math to figure out how likely that really is to succeed in the amount of tries you're attempting. 15 is the 99% success percentile (still not guaranteed).

SZftxNw.png

Yes it sucks, but that's statistics. At least you didn't fail two creepy burns in a row like I did once :)

If you can't math, there's a calculator out there you can use. Always prepare for the 99% percentile. You'll get just about everything at or before that. If not, then man are you really unlucky :)
    Sherri