Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The G21 struggle is real.

EssentionEssention
Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
edited October 18, 2019 in General Chat
Why is Tagar SO HARD to do?! Is is possible to nerf her or something? Or do I have to get good?

I just wanna get Nascent Divinity. But Tagar is an impenetrable wall. I have Pally and Demi at my disposal but it doesn't help that the darn REAPER WINDMILL almost one-hit kills me! I got armor. I got a shield. I got gold guns that do some damage.

What do I have to do?!

EDIT: Mana Shield doesn't work well for me either.
Sherripawcalypse

Comments

• EssentionEssention
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Yes, I even used Mana Shield. Didn't help.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    As soon as she begins to dive underground, you can mount a fast pet and rush away from your current spot, to try and avoid the reapermill, rather than trying to tank it.
    But you'd have to watch out if you only use long-delay attacks like Shooting Rush or Flash Launcher.

Though using the Defense skill while using a Medium Shield can help surviveability, but that still requires potions since Medium shields only block 50% damage.
    Avoiding is better, still.
    Anchor Rush's invincibility also works, but requires timing and of course that's a Chain Blade-only skill.

Catering dishes can help.
    Using a 10x Hot Chocolate catering dish (can buy hot chocolate from NPCs like Barry in Belvast) gives Str, Int, and HP, which can help with your gun damage and HP.
    But that'd require r1 Catering, or someone helping you by making one for you.

Frankly, I just did this fight by using Chain Impale and Anchor Rush, but I had those skills ranked up.
    pawcalypse
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    First thing is to manage to drop the pillars on top of her without getting damaged enough to force you to use your healing items. Use a fast pet, or get some Movement 40% boosters. To avoid using healing pots and risk poisoining, put your heal-on-summon pets on the shortcut keys and use them to heal you as you run around, just summon and desummon immediately. If you're riding a pet, try to use one that can attack while you're mounted and can deal enough damage to topple the pillars on its own, otherwise it can be too cumbersome to use (and Tagar will kill it). A trick I did was to go and topple all but three pillars right at the start, since they mess with ctrl targeting later on, which I found stupidly annoying.

Once you can damage Tagar, if your main thing is melee, get your Def as high as you can make it (150 at least), including Divine Link, preferably with an untouchable pet like the Shark Robe Seal, which can be leveled up so the bonuses improve, BTW. Then stay close to the thing and use Defense whenever it dives underground, just be aware that the skill won't be cancelled by the attack, so you need to cancel it yourself. If you have Wings of Eclipse in Demi, Defense will lower the damage enough that Tagar's WM won't knock it out, so it will last longer. Guardian Nao stones will help here if you're still getting pummeled.

Last piece of advice: sometimes she will put up a straight-up fight, others she will simply spam her WM. If you find yourself in the latter scenario, just quit the mission and start over, it will save you time and stress.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Once you can damage Tagar, if your main thing is melee, get your Def as high as you can make it (150 at least), including Divine Link, preferably with an untouchable pet like the Shark Robe Seal, which can be leveled up so the bonuses improve.

...hmm...aren't those still broken though? As in "can't be summoned'?
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    KingEphy wrote: »
    Once you can damage Tagar, if your main thing is melee, get your Def as high as you can make it (150 at least), including Divine Link, preferably with an untouchable pet like the Shark Robe Seal, which can be leveled up so the bonuses improve.

Never heard they were broken and mine summons just fine, and did during the Tagar fight, too.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Pay attention to the range... when you're far enough she supposedly won't teleport into you, but if she keeps teleporting, know that she will only do so for a maximum of three times in a row. You can just keep on running in one direction during that time until all three teleports have been exhausted (at least I could as an elf; you might need movement-speed buffs or title if attempting mission as a human-race). I don't remember all the details of what I did, and I don't think I video-recorded my finally successful mission against her, but if there's one thing that I, personally, often do against single-target raid-level opponents, I do remember staying far enough away for the duration that she was not teleporting in order to full-charge Fire-Ice Fusion-Bolt, and just launching a huge amount of Burst-DPS, rinsing and repeating.

But of course, I am primarily a mage, with Bolt-Masteries Title (and even Fusion-Bolt Master Title now), with the ALO Asuna 2nd-Title, and there were still Magic-Power Potions that I had from somewhere, and Magic-Casting Speed-Potions from past White-Dragon Raids (and use of Weapon-Power Potions from said Raid can help with non-magic damages), including that great food from Altam, and I also had JellyBeans of Strength from I-do-not-remember-where, including Lollipops of Intelligence from I-also-do-not-remember-where. The most important «skill» you will need for this mission is good foot-work and positioning... otherwise you will just get one-shot.

Good luck getting it done because the Pseudo-Balor that is encountered later was hax enough for me to be forced to not only Transform (something I rarely do), but also use Demi-God, pull out that Brionac, SHOCK it even, keep Mana-Shield up, wear the Wings of Eclipse a bunches of times, and spam Brio-Smash, including throwing a bunch of Fury of Light attacks at him when he wasn't SPAM-GRABBING me (like the Girgashy) all day in order to splatter me all over the floor like I was the tip of a jack-hammer and couldn't even use my usual tactic of Full-Charge Fusion-Bolt since it would always get interrupted due to his ability to teleport directly on top of you no matter where you are located on that platform.
    Essention wrote: »
    What do I have to do?!
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    As someone who tried to make the wiki on her, she has a constant issue of teleporting too far and she glitches out somewhere making her stuck which defeats the purpose of using the pillars on her.
    However, the thing that annoys me the most is when you think you finally are beating her, the time runs out — I hate this the most. She is not "difficult", all she has is high damage and HP. Her pattern of teleporting and attacking either you or the NPCs is easy to follow but there is also the factor of the time-limit.
    Let's say I was still weak then, making the battle far longer than it should've taken.
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    R5+ Divine link(Guardian Oath and Soul Restoration and 1 point in Sacred Revival) + a good Str orWill pet that isnt too sizable or slow to be a bother like a dragon but rather a fairy or clouds etc with some high def armor will help alot with aggro reduction and commands(Stay! come! etc) and some key timing will help in the long run
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    KingEphy wrote: »

Only broken on Nao, because Nexon can't think ahead.