[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge

Comments

  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Posts: 659
    Member
    A server merge was never proven to make the game better. The public doesn't get to choose these things, Nexon has to have the time and money to make it possible.

    You seem to overlook actual fact and take it as an opinion, when it's really the obvious conclusion.

    This isn't up to the public, even if the public wants it. This is up to the company, and the company already said "No". You're the one who dramatizes everything, you can't say " Okay, I disagree, but that's okay we all believe in different things."

    You've been acting like you're forced to comment back and make things worse, like it's impossible for someone to simply disagree or have information you do not.

    No one targets you. We've been trying desperately to tell you something for months, and you're still stuck in the same endless spiral.
    HardmuscleGretaSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Sorry but your friends attacked me along with you several times because I have ideas you dont want. Reoccurring theme here either you get your way or close the thread so no one does. You want this killed so people cant move off Mari but the fact is Mari may not even exist anymore after this. Stop acting like your in a position of authority and get to decide things for people. If its not up to the public what happens then why have threads to gain publics opinion. Sorry but you are incorrect and the purpose here is to get feedback to help decide what is best for all not just a select few who dont want it.

    You have all spammed this thread enough and need to leave it now. We want to get actual opinions and feedback not more of your nonsense like you putting strikes on someone when your not an admin just because they dont want what you do. I know they are going to keep derailing this topic and force it to close so no one can get help with their topics and Im sorry to the thread owner and the supporters who wont have their opinions heard or considered because of these people.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    Sorry but your friends attacked me along with you several times because I have ideas you dont want. Reoccurring theme here either you get your way or close the thread so no one does. You want this killed so people cant move off Mari but the fact is Mari may not even exist anymore after this. Stop acting like your in a position of authority and get to decide things for people. If its not up to the public what happens then why have threads to gain publics opinion. Sorry but you are incorrect and the purpose here is to get feedback to help decide what is best for all not just a select few who dont want it.

    You have all spammed this thread enough and need to leave it now. We want to get actual opinions and feedback not more of your nonsense like you putting strikes on someone when your not an admin just because they dont want what you do. I know they are going to keep derailing this topic and force it to close so no one can get help with their topics and Im sorry to the thread owner and the supporters who wont have their opinions heard or considered because of these people.
    One more time. This is not your thread, and even if it was, you do not have the right to dictate who can post in it. ~ #ByeFelicia
    As for the argumentative posts, I'll bring this to a Vmod for derailing my comment separation forum if it continues.
    Ataraxiz
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    Oh your finally leaving great for the rest of us who actually want to get input and feedback here. Maybe this thread can actually get back on track now. Stop spamming topics because you dont agree with it and want to overshadow everyone else's opinions. Lets focus on actually getting opinions about server merge so we can see what the community really wants to happen.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Posts: 659
    Member
    Super faceplant

    Show me where I have built this special strikes system? Where is the negativity that you claim we've brought here? Where did I once say I had authority or am an admin? Where did we once say we wanted the threads closed? All we've said is the following:

    1. Nexon said No.
    2. The thread keeps popping up like bot spam because people keep remaking them.
    3. You've been territorial and telling people they can't comment just because they disagree. It's in the Code of Conduct that you should respect the other person's opinion, but you've been telling us to leave like YOU'RE the authority and WE do not have the RIGHT to disagree with you.

    We haven't told you to leave. We haven't degraded you. We haven't harassed you. If anything, you're harassing us as you do everytime we disagree. You pull of the victim act, and to tell you the truth, listening too you on and on, over and over has made people really upset with you.

    Greta, Hardmuscle, and I do not always agree. Do we talk it out? Yes, because we choose to be adults and move on, no hard feelings towards each other. You, on the other hand, demand people agree with yoy, and if they do not, you DEMAND they leave.

    Us acting like we're in a position of authority? Pfft. Please. You're the one spamming the thread with your unruly demands. You're just upset because we do not agree with you, but rather we know why it won't happen, but you can't accept a simple explanation.
    HardmuscleGretaSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    I will wait for Nexons official post to confirm or deny if this going to be considered even though I know,you and your friends are heavily against it which is bad for the supporters here. You are not a member of nexons staff and can not speak on their behalf what threads are approved or denied so stop acting like a moderator when you are not one. Since you are continuing to derail this thread after you have been asked to leave it alone and let people post something relavant to the subject I can only assume you are targeting me to harass me and get this thread closed because it is something to benefit me and get me off the server I am experiencing very similar problems from very similar people. Let Nexon answer or let other people post now instead of forcing your opinions on others through hostility and threats.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    This is the part where I'm supposed to say it's obvious you don't know how servers work, and/or, what the word no means, but I'm getting way too old to be having the same debate over and over everyday until the end of time. If I told you I am going to move into your home (whether you like it or not) and you said no; that would be the end of it..... right?

    I can repeat myself too.
    AtaraxizSherri
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Posts: 659
    Member
    Where have you once seen Nexon themselves confirm anything through a forum post? If there were any commentary over this, you can find it in a stream, where they directly have said "There is no news of a server merge." That means they put in the request to Korea, and Korea said "No." If you would just put a little effort into it, you'd find out for yourself without causing drama here.

    Also, just pointing this out, Nexon producers and other employees are not allowed to display information regarding updates. They can only tell you if there is news or not, to which they have already answered with a "No." How difficult is that really to understand?

    One more time. Nexon North America, meaning THIS PART OF THE COMPANY, is NOT large enough or prosperous enough (meaning they cannot produce due to no time or money due to the size of our community) to complete a server merge. If they've said "No." when our community was bigger 8 years ago, they'll say it now because our community is smaller. Do you honestly think Nexon KR is going to give us permission to spend money we do not have and put Nexon out of business just because of a reoccurring thread? It's really rediculous to believe that.

    This thread is for OPINIONS. Why you like the idea, why you do not like the idea. Just because there are 10 pages of commentary here, does not mean it's going to get "approved". There is also no evidence this would make Mabinogi BETTER. For all we know, it will make it WORSE. This also means we have the right to post here, where as you claim we do not simply because we disagree.

    If you really, so desperately want your voice heard: Be my guest to write to the director of Nexon KR and tell him you want a server merge so bad. Be sure to let us know what you find out if you find out anything at all. I'm sure he'll care so much about a dozen opinions from another country about his game.
    GretaHardmuscleSherriYokkaichi
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Posts: 806
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    If that freedom was given before it can be given again allowing people to go onto a more friendly server and one that has activity and people willing to help out. Its not as big of a deal as you all are making it out to be but like I said theres probably personal reasons you want me stuck in the place I am (I know what they are too). Im sure there are others out there who would like to move to a different server too so the merger would be the perfect time to give people that choice. People are more welcoming towards ideas where they are given a choice rather than having thing thrust upon them. I have a theory which servers will be merged and if it does happen that way Ill want to move even more because problems will become worse instead of better.

    You. Do. Not. Get. To. Choose. When. Its. A. Server. Merge.

    You. Do. Not. Get. To. Choose. When. Its. A. Server. Merge.

    You. Do. Not. Get. To. Choose. When. Its. A. Server. Merge.

    Why do you have such a hard time grasping such a SIMPLE concept?
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    If you dont support that its fine but dont interfere with others showing their support and opinions. Unless maybe you want this thread closed too? Your no vote is only one among all the rest and if nexon is actually considering this based on popularity and what the people want they should consider the positive along with negative and take into considerations suggestions people make to help improve things. We will have to see if there is more yes to support this rather than negativity to discourage people from it. I believe it was stated before that this has been going on 9 years so if thats true it is an issue the community has been collaborating on to try and solve a problem which recently has gotten worse with less activity and less over all people in the game. Maybe people quit because they dont have friends to help them so if they saw more active servers who know maybe they would return or join up. We shall see what happens based on the overall opinion of the community not just certain people who seem to focus of the negative aspects without considering the benefits it could have towards people.

    As for your comment about the community, less than a half of a percent of players use this forum, so this topic is indicative of nothing in terms of how the overall community feels. Also, Korea has to approve of ANYTHING before N.A. can implement it. If KR has said "No" to a server merge for us in the past, what makes you think it'll come now?
    AtaraxizGretaHardmuscleSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    If nexon doesnt post to confirm in any threads then how do,you know their answer is no? Kinda sounds like you are assuming things and are trying to speak for them when your not a nexon employee or staff member. If they reject it Im sure they would let people know and until that happens I hope everyone ignores all this spam and continues to post relative and feedback.

    There is no set rules how the merger will take place which is way nexon gets feedback to see what the people would want if it was to happen. Saying you dont get to choose is your opinion and may not be what actually happens. Its up to nexon to decide based on input from the users what they think is best. Negativity only hinders people who want things to change for the better so keep that in mind folks.

    I dont have a character for Korea to vouch for their activity or server conditions but what is happening here is separate from what happens there as far as population goes. Our server has nothing to do with theirs so the amount of people we have is going to be different from the people they do. They might not even need server merge if there is more activity for them compared to the dwindling numbers we have.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Posts: 659
    Member
    If Nexon really wanted to see what we thought, they'd post an OFFICIAL thread hosted by a NEXON STAFF MEMBER. This is a thread posted by a community member, meaning you do not have the right to dictate who can say what on this thread. That is not your decision, and therefore we can do pretty much anything unless Nexon or a VFM says otherwise.

    And again, we know their answer because they physically SAID IT in the STREAMS.

    "There is no news of a server merge."

    Nexon KR said "No." and they have been for years.

    Nexon is NOT a democracy. They don't do whatever we say, they base it off what they think is best for the game's progress. Asian countries are extremely popular for this method of running businesses and companies .
    HardmuscleSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    This isnt your thread either so stop acting like your opinion is the only one that matters here. If you want to keep spamming go ahead just looks bad for you because you are forcing your opinion on them instead of letting them express how they feel and what ideas they have.

    You never know things could have changed between now and then. More popularity to this thread can help change their mind so maybe they will consider it someday. Isnt that the purpose of suggesting something because its not implement and it is sometime people would like to be? Just because you dont support it doesnt mean you can harass people who do. A simple post expressing why you dont want it is fine which you all already did so we know you hate this idea and are working to make sure it never gets approved (by spam, threats, and harassment towards those who want it). Oh and since you claim to know there is no plans for this in the future why are you here constantly arguing about it if you claim to know the answer is no already meaning you get what you want but maybe not what everyone else does.

    I dont know why you bring Korea and Asia into this when they have nothing to do with NA Nexon or their decisions? Companies want happy clients because happy clients pay them money and keep them going. Implementing something the majority is in favor for makes majority happy with the few who dont want it. You cant please everyone but if you can please most you will be okay. So the question is where the majority lies in the situation for or against which Im sure influences Nexons steps forward. If majority view it favorable it may get added which is why you are filling this thread with negativity so it wont be considered. See how that works?
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    eFwAwI4.jpg
    GretaAtaraxizSherriZurcisherePlatinaKoki
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Posts: 659
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    I've been in an AP Economics class. I know how things work.

    I also know, Nexon Korea had to approve anything we do. NA does not make decisions on their own. They always ask Korea, whether you like it or not. NA is not separate from Korea. The money comes from both sets of servers and goes directly to Korea. They own the company, they decide what NA does and does not get to do.

    Making the public happy isn't always the best route. Making is 'happy' with this merge will cause Nexon KR to pay thousands of dollars to replace and build new servers. Thousands of dollars they do not have, and simply do not have the support for it.

    Your argument is invalid. Multiple people here have said the exact same thing, it's interesting to see how you haven't picked up that you're the odd ball out.

    Companies do not exist for the public. They exist for self-interest. As stated by John Adams, a founder for Market Economic Idealisms.

    South Korean Economics: http://www.heritage.org/index/country/southkorea

    John Adams Market Economy Idealisms: http://www.investopedia.com/terms/i/invisiblehand.asp

    I've said my piece, I've proven my point. I've given you evidence. I'm going to walk away proud of my statement and not let you deter my self-esteem like you always try to do.
    HardmuscleSherriPlatinaKoki
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Hm? Again you are presuming to know how nexon works and how their economy works when you are not an employee or staff member. Im sure everyone can learn the economy of other counties with a google search but that has nothing to do with the subject other than you once again forcing your opinions onto others.

    Isnt that post is kind of trolling? Like I said folks ignore these spammers and their negativity towards this because its not what they want so hopefully the people who do want to express their opinions and support can do so without them being attacked or harassed for it. I will await nexons final word on this and hope this gains enough support for consideration.

    Since you continue to assume nexons position that this will not happen let me ask again why did you even post here in the first place? Why continue to post if you know your going to get your way and have this denied despite the other people showing support of it for quite a long time btw. Seems like you feel this will get approved so you want to spread negativity so it doesnt otherwise you would let it go and let it fail on its own like you claim it will.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    ..
    Is this your thread?
    AtaraxizPlatinaKoki
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Posts: 659
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    Like I said folks ignore these spammers and their negativity towards this because its not what they want so hopefully the people who do want to express their opinions and support can do so without them being attacked or harassed for it.

    By the way, that's also harassment. Saying such is very hypocritical and very unjust. People have the right to post opinions, it is America after all.

    Also, yes I know a lot about Economics. You should know by your previous interactions with me, I'm heavily obsessed with South Korea. I find them.. especially interesting.

    It actually does prove my point. Nexon is from Korea, Korea has a heavy market/family-owned economy. Meaning, what they own, the money goes to them and they dictate what we are to do. Again, Nexon Employees are hired and approved by Nexon Korea. Therefore, if they disobey their orders, their job is at risk. Of course the NA government expects funds to keep the company on the ground. They have to pay land and building fees if it already hasn't been payed off. Why do you think McDonald's is so rich from opening stores in so many other countries? Exactly. Point proven. Money goes to the people who own the company.

    Okay I'm done. I've proven my point, once again, and am going to go do something better than arguing with a brick wall.
    GretaHardmuscleSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Just because its not my thread doesn't give them the right to harass me in it for expressing an opinion they don't agree with. People can post their support without being attacked by those who are opposed like I have been repeatedly by the same people in multiple threads. I am being targeted and will continue to be by these people who will continue to post negativity here so this thread will not get the support it needs to be successful and finally give the community what they have been asking for for a long time. If they did not intend to do this they should have closed it after the first post letting everyone know, but since they did not everyone is free to offer their support and suggestions. Stop trying to hinder that with all your malicious spam.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    AtaraxizGretaSherriPlatinaKoki
  • VheissuVheissu
    Mabinogi Rep: 260
    Post: 1
    Member
    i have no idea what is going on here between you two but please stop. This is the most childish petty thing i have seen in a long long time and for either of you to continue to entertain each others replies with another is to be quite frank depressing i do not care what the issues behind this are so please do not try to justify yourself to me or anyone else on these forums. Anyway back to the topic at hand i think a server merge would be both a good and bad idea mainly due to the fact that there are instances where 2 people may have similar names and or similar pet names. I recently returned to Vindictus briefly to find that my original name had been deleted and replaced with numbers this was due to a cleaning of names they had done a while back. I believe the same could be done here if a server merge were to occur the active players could verify they are still around and using that name and character thus keeping it around while in turn all dead accounts/pets and the like would have their names taken away and replaced with numbers thus freeing up a majority of names for characters and pets alike. The issue would the lie with accounts in which both peoples characters are active but they also have the same name in regards to such an occurrence i would suggest going either by seniority of the account or by some other means. if all these issues along with the other various issues could be worked out i would love to see a server merge and make tons of new friends especially if it would mean we would have less instances of issues like those above me from occurring.
    AtaraxizGretaHardmuscleSherriZurcisherePlatinaKoki