[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge

Comments

  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,660
    Posts: 650
    Member
    Reply to Sam: We all know who you're talking about, you've harassed me about this publicly before, so just please stop acting like it's not already obvious.

    Reply to Exo: You're totally right, if had ignored us and moved on or replied appropriately like everyone else here, this would have never gotten so far derailed.

    If we were really such awful people, he should just have blacklisted us or whatever and moved on. Seriously, over a year is far too long for this to be going on.

    Server merge question reply: Server merge would be bad because loss of items, pets, dressing room, and so much more. All of those things like RKA and others that we worked hard for: Poof.

    If this could be done without this, sure. But honestly a server transfer would be great, but we'd still have to deal with stuff like this on the forums everyday.
    HardmuscleSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Still trying to make it about you when its not lol Thats how you are attacking me with lies to benefit you and defame me. False accusations are a common form of bullying and harassment which you have displayed publicially now by making assumptions. Kind of like your friend turning my positive statement into a negative one earlier. You always make things bad for me to cover up you are actually doing something wrong (falsely accusing me of this and who knows what else now that I think of it.) Thank you for proof of that btw. Stop acting like you are justified attacking me with your friends and focus on the subject of server merge.

    I wonder where the sources are saying with will 100% without a doubt lose all our equipment if the merger happens. Did it happen before and this resulted? Is there no way to suggest people keep their equipment ect. Im sure if this does happen Nexon would want to do what is best for the community. Im sure many people would perfer to keep their things and not lose them. If your going to lose everything it would probably upset people and make them quit so I hope Nexon would consider options to keep what you have maybe just change the server these things are instanced at.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,485
    Posts: 1,968
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    NOW LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC FRIENDS GIMMIE REASONS WHY A SERVER MERGE WOULD BE GOOD AND REASONS WHY IT WOULD BE BAD HOW WOULD A SERVER MERGE EFFECT YOU? WOULD YOU BE MORE INTERESTED IN THE GAME IF THERE WAS A SERVER MERGE? OR LESS INTERESTED? TAKE IT AWAYYY~~~
    Why It Would Be Good:
    It would allow people to more easily make friends or find people do do certain things (SM, dungeon,..).
    It would stabilize the economy (Or ruin it, more in my "Why it would be bad" response.)

    Why It Would Be Bad:
    Depending on the type of merge, it could be where there are too many players. Some people don't like others constantly around them. If it gets crowded, I get annoyed really quickly and go to a less busier place.
    Also depending on the merge, the economy could just tank, not the good kind either.
    People with less powerful computers will have an issue playing.
    There will be less available space for shopping, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be less Ancients around, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be many issues pertaining to lag and crashing by players.
    There will most certainly be a lot of technical and financial issues if Nexon NA were to proceed doing so.

    Personally, it would e(a?)ffect me greatly;
    I'm the kind of person to stay on the least populated channels of Mari and hang out with my friend.
    I dislike too much interaction and like to choose when I go and communicate with the larger population.
    My computer isn't as good as most peoples. I lag just going to Belvast on Ch. 2 (Mari's shopping channel).
    Our economy is stressful enough for me to deal with right now lol

    Overall, I'm against a merge of any kind. No thank you, none for me.
    HardmuscleAtaraxiz
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,685
    Posts: 2,550
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    Still tying to make it about you when its not lol Thats how you are attacking me with lies to benefit you and defame me. Thank you for proof of that btw. Stop acting like you are justified attacking me with your friends and focus on the subject of server merge.
    Stop acting like you're being attacked or victimized and own up to your actions.

    There's literally no one else in this thread you could've been referring to, Sam.

    0cfOtrY.jpg
    SherriPlatinaKokiAtaraxizGreta
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,170
    Posts: 694
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    Still tying to make it about you when its not lol Thats how you are attacking me with lies to benefit you and defame me. Thank you for proof of that btw. Stop acting like you are justified attacking me with your friends and focus on the subject of server merge.

    Guess what?

    A server merge ain't happening. You can beg and wish and plead and dream and cry all you want, but it won't come.

    Oh, and the thread derailed only once you started posting, so, yeah.

    Also, say you DO transfer servers; if the people that you claim are harassing you are really after you, then they'd simply follow you and continue their treatment of you. If someone is harassing you, why not do something that you KNOW will get a response, and submit a Customer Service ticket.

    c8639d00a7.png

    On topic: I've said it before, and I'll say it again; a server merge is, in my opinion, a sign that the game is on its last leg.

    Oh, and one more word, Samalex; when you make a topic, you're supposed to put your name and server. If you don't want those people from your server finding you, then use an alt's name.
    HardmuscleAtaraxizSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    For your information there are other people defaming me (i know who they are) but I wont name who specifically but you can keep lying and saying its you after I already said its not. You are in fact harassing me though with that personal attack based on your assumption which isnt the truth. Stop making things about you because its clearly not and you want to attack me over false information. Having your friends coming here to attack me over your false assumption is harassment as well so best you stop now. So I have also confirmed people are attacking me based on lies now not just my opinions in the suggestion forums.

    Anyways done with these peoples drama and going to ignore these clear lies about me so this thread can get back on topic i stead of being derailed to attack me all the time. Watch them attack me though even though I want to focus on the real topic not them.

    Lol you act like I dont know how to report people. Thats kind of amusing but believe me I know already XD

    Naa id rather my alts not get attacked also. Good try through.

    Derailed because of people attacking me over the opinion I posted on the subject which differed from theirs actually. Want that part clear because people have misunderstood me a lot in this thread by jumping to conclusions and making assumptions.

    If they do follow me wouldn't that be stalking which Im sure is a violation of the TOS especially if they follow me for malicious reasons. I hope they wouldn't be that obsessed with me to go that far.

    Going to ignore all the drama now and respond to subject material unless people continue to attack me directly.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,170
    Posts: 694
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    For your information there are other people defaming me (i know who they are) but I wont name who specifically but you can keep lying and saying its you after I already said its not. You are in fact harassing me though with that personal attack based on your assumption which isnt the truth. Stop making things about you because its clearly not and you want to attack me over false information. Having your friends coming here to attack me over your false assumption is harassment as well so best you stop now. So I have also confirmed people are attacking me based on lies now not just my opinions in the suggestion forums.

    Anyways done with these peoples drama and going to ignore these clear lies about me so this thread can get back on topic i stead of being derailed to attack me all the time. Watch them attack me though even though I want to focus on the real topic not them.

    Lol you act like I dont know how to report people. Thats kind of amusing but believe me I know already XD

    Naa id rather my alts not get attacked also. Good try through.

    You YOURSELF said that people were harassing you. Stop running and report them.
    HardmuscleSherriAtaraxizGreta
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,685
    Posts: 2,550
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    For your information there are other people defaming me (i know who they are) but I wont name who specifically but you can keep lying and saying its you after I already said its not. You are in fact harassing me though with that personal attack based on your assumption which isnt the truth. Stop making things about you because its clearly not and you want to attack me over false information. Having your friends coming here to attack me over your false assumption is harassment as well so best you stop now. So I have also confirmed people are attacking me based on lies now not just my opinions in the suggestion forums.

    Anyways done with these peoples drama and going to ignore these clear lies about me so this thread can get back on topic i stead of being derailed to attack me all the time. Watch them attack me though even though I want to focus on the real topic not them.

    Lol you act like I dont know how to report people. Thats kind of amusing but believe me I know already XD

    Naa id rather my alts not get attacked also. Good try through.
    Where are these on-topic posts you claim to be making?
    SherriPlatinaKokiAtaraxizZurcishere
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,170
    Posts: 694
    Member
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    For your information there are other people defaming me (i know who they are) but I wont name who specifically but you can keep lying and saying its you after I already said its not. You are in fact harassing me though with that personal attack based on your assumption which isnt the truth. Stop making things about you because its clearly not and you want to attack me over false information. Having your friends coming here to attack me over your false assumption is harassment as well so best you stop now. So I have also confirmed people are attacking me based on lies now not just my opinions in the suggestion forums.

    Anyways done with these peoples drama and going to ignore these clear lies about me so this thread can get back on topic i stead of being derailed to attack me all the time. Watch them attack me though even though I want to focus on the real topic not them.

    Lol you act like I dont know how to report people. Thats kind of amusing but believe me I know already XD

    Naa id rather my alts not get attacked also. Good try through.

    Derailed because of people attacking me over the opinion I posted on the subject which differed from theirs actually. Want that part clear because people have misunderstood me a lot in this thread by jumping to conclusions and making assumptions.

    If they do follow me wouldn't that be stalking which Im sure is a violation of the TOS especially if they follow me for malicious reasons. I hope they wouldn't be that obsessed with me to go that far.

    Going to ignore all the drama now and respond to subject martial unless people continue to attack me directly.

    You can either report them, or continue to cry foul here, when everyone but you realizes you're in the wrong.
    HardmuscleAtaraxizSherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Posts: 1,259
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Guys, I just logged into 95 notices, quit coming to my thread to cry or argue.
    I'm leaving any deleted comments at a Vmod's discretion at this point.

    /summonsVmod

    Now all of you cool down and get this thread back on track of why or why not a server merge or mega server would work for Mabinogi.
    (Business ideas for Nexon to gain profit from this would work too!)
    tumblr_nna010lsqS1r60zuio1_500.gif

    Sherri wrote: »
    NOW LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC FRIENDS GIMMIE REASONS WHY A SERVER MERGE WOULD BE GOOD AND REASONS WHY IT WOULD BE BAD HOW WOULD A SERVER MERGE EFFECT YOU? WOULD YOU BE MORE INTERESTED IN THE GAME IF THERE WAS A SERVER MERGE? OR LESS INTERESTED? TAKE IT AWAYYY~~~


    Why It Would Be Good:
    It would allow people to more easily make friends or find people do do certain things (SM, dungeon,..).
    It would stabilize the economy (Or ruin it, more in my "Why it would be bad" response.)

    Why It Would Be Bad:
    Depending on the type of merge, it could be where there are too many players. Some people don't like others constantly around them. If it gets crowded, I get annoyed really quickly and go to a less busier place.
    Also depending on the merge, the economy could just tank, not the good kind either.
    People with less powerful computers will have an issue playing.
    There will be less available space for shopping, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be less Ancients around, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be many issues pertaining to lag and crashing by players.
    There will most certainly be a lot of technical and financial issues if Nexon NA were to proceed doing so.

    Personally, it would e(a?)ffect me greatly;
    I'm the kind of person to stay on the least populated channels of Mari and hang out with my friend.
    I dislike too much interaction and like to choose when I go and communicate with the larger population.
    My computer isn't as good as most peoples. I lag just going to Belvast on Ch. 2 (Mari's shopping channel).
    Our economy is stressful enough for me to deal with right now lol

    Overall, I'm against a merge of any kind. No thank you, none for me.

    Thank you, this was some nice input.
    However, lag is an issue with any game with any server count.
    There's never a miracle number to make it 100% lagless without an expensive computer and graphics card.
    Mabinogi's Market is... a rather complex problem with an equation that's never really solved by the Cash Shop or Gachapons, so there's not much that could be done either way to 'fix' it.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,660
    Posts: 650
    Member
    Guys, I just logged into 95 notices, quit coming to my thread to cry or argue.
    I'm leaving any deleted comments at a Vmod's discretion at this point.

    /summonsVmod

    Now all of you cool down and get this thread back on track of why or why not a server merge or mega server would work for Mabinogi.
    (Business ideas for Nexon to gain profit from this would work too!)
    tumblr_nna010lsqS1r60zuio1_500.gif

    Sherri wrote: »
    NOW LETS GET BACK ON TOPIC FRIENDS GIMMIE REASONS WHY A SERVER MERGE WOULD BE GOOD AND REASONS WHY IT WOULD BE BAD HOW WOULD A SERVER MERGE EFFECT YOU? WOULD YOU BE MORE INTERESTED IN THE GAME IF THERE WAS A SERVER MERGE? OR LESS INTERESTED? TAKE IT AWAYYY~~~


    Why It Would Be Good:
    It would allow people to more easily make friends or find people do do certain things (SM, dungeon,..).
    It would stabilize the economy (Or ruin it, more in my "Why it would be bad" response.)

    Why It Would Be Bad:
    Depending on the type of merge, it could be where there are too many players. Some people don't like others constantly around them. If it gets crowded, I get annoyed really quickly and go to a less busier place.
    Also depending on the merge, the economy could just tank, not the good kind either.
    People with less powerful computers will have an issue playing.
    There will be less available space for shopping, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be less Ancients around, unless more channels are provided.
    There will be many issues pertaining to lag and crashing by players.
    There will most certainly be a lot of technical and financial issues if Nexon NA were to proceed doing so.

    Personally, it would e(a?)ffect me greatly;
    I'm the kind of person to stay on the least populated channels of Mari and hang out with my friend.
    I dislike too much interaction and like to choose when I go and communicate with the larger population.
    My computer isn't as good as most peoples. I lag just going to Belvast on Ch. 2 (Mari's shopping channel).
    Our economy is stressful enough for me to deal with right now lol

    Overall, I'm against a merge of any kind. No thank you, none for me.

    Thank you, this was some nice input.
    However, lag is an issue with any game with any server count.
    There's never a miracle number to make it 100% lagless without an expensive computer and graphics card.
    Mabinogi's Market is... a rather complex problem with an equation that's never really solved by the Cash Shop or Gachapons, so there's not much that could be done either way to 'fix' it.

    Exactly. Lag.. is awful but sadly it can't be avoided so easily. And the Mabi Economy is so bad with things as simple as fashion products reaching 200m+ for Mari.
    HardmuscleSherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,685
    Posts: 2,550
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    The op only replies when they get 95 notifications for something they can feel superior about. Like others, they don't have the power to dictate who can or cannot reply in their thread, so long as the discussion remains on topic. This is (as stated several times) a community discussion, as opposed to an official discussion backed by a Nexon employee. No amount of crying to Vmods (or threats to summon them) will change that. ~ There is nothing popular about this topic outside of a very small percentage of people.
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Posts: 1,259
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »

    I treat feedback about Mabinogi's servers as an official way for the Nexon staff to get a glance at feedback from players, arguments that lead the topic thread off the issue at hand should be placed in a new thread in the general section. That is it, period.
    Facepalm.gif
    This is not a thread for personal issues, alright?
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,685
    Posts: 2,550
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »

    I treat feedback about Mabinogi's servers as an official way for the Nexon staff to get a glance at feedback from players, arguments that lead the topic thread off the issue at hand should be placed in a new thread in the general section. That is it, period.
    Facepalm.gif
    This is not a thread for personal issues, alright?
    It seems you're deliberately missing the point. There is nothing official about this discussion. :)

    What you're calling personal isn't personal at all.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,660
    Posts: 650
    Member
    We were on the topic of a server merge, just we were trying to explain a key fact to someone and they deliberately pushed the topic to others, while telling us to leave just because we disagreed/ we're making a comment about the truth of the situation.

    I understand your concerns of getting the thread locked, however, making the general claim will not help a lot of the time. Drama leaked from.an individual and then spread like wildfire because the public had already been dealing with the nonsense several locked threads prior.

    I think you're doing right by taking it up with VFMs. Maybe this rather bland and wide-spread issue will finally be resolved -- whether someone gets banned or someone gets a serious warning.
    HardmuscleSherriPlatinaKokiGreta
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,485
    Posts: 1,968
    Member
    Yeah, I also agree that this got a little out of hand, but I do have to say that many of the comments did stay on topic.
    Many mentioned the topic of a server merge and there was debate about it (other than the replies of a somebody, claiming to be 'attacked'.)
    Darkpixie99AtaraxizHardmusclePlatinaKoki
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,660
    Posts: 650
    Member
    5 pages of nonsense is too much for me e,e I hope it's officially over.

    I still do not believe a merge will happen. Nexon NA will have to bring in a lot more money to afford a merge. That means we either need to spend up to thousands on this virtual game, or we need a bigger population.
    HardmuscleSherriPlatinaKoki
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Posts: 1,259
    Member
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    5 pages of nonsense is too much for me e,e I hope it's officially over.

    I still do not believe a merge will happen. Nexon NA will have to bring in a lot more money to afford a merge. That means we either need to spend up to thousands on this virtual game, or we need a bigger population.

    Hopefully the revisions to the OP are good in terms of being decently understandable. (I'm still working on and thinking about it.)
    I'm heavily on the fence due to the money issue alone, although Nexon KR might be willing to innovate even at the risk if we get lucky.
    Ataraxiz
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,685
    Posts: 2,550
    Member
    This topic is not something you gave birth to personally. ~ It's been rolling for 9 years against the same 2 letter answer.

    The only revision this thread needs is a lock.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,660
    Posts: 650
    Member
    Ataraxiz wrote: »
    5 pages of nonsense is too much for me e,e I hope it's officially over.

    I still do not believe a merge will happen. Nexon NA will have to bring in a lot more money to afford a merge. That means we either need to spend up to thousands on this virtual game, or we need a bigger population.

    Hopefully the revisions to the OP are good in terms of being decently understandable. (I'm still working on and thinking about it.)
    I'm heavily on the fence due to the money issue alone, although Nexon KR might be willing to innovate even at the risk if we get lucky.

    In order to complete a server merge, they're going to need brand new technology that costs several thousands of dollars that Nexon KR is not going to put on the table because the money is not there.

    If a business puts out a little on this small of a community, which they'll have to pay the staff for building the servers and using extra time to put the data where it needs to be; the community could still die out just as much as it is now. We'd basically put NA out of business.

    Also a lot of newer gamers, young kids, do not like our graphics and engine. They're more likely to play the games that look and feel more realistic than Mabi.

    That's another challenge they have to face: if they spend the money and the new players do not come, what point was there if the server just died in a few years?

    Our current servers have lasted 9 years. I don't think Nexon KR is going to replace them because of a gut feeling or a popular debate topic.