[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge

Comments

  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    In that case I would suggest people pick wisely and plan ahead. If they know the day it will occur they can communicate to their friends where they plan to go so they can all move together. As I said before Ill only support this if I get to choose where I go because my current server has caused me a lot of problems and those wont be resolved by it becoming bigger. I would rather move to new server and make a bunch of nice friends to have fun with. I dont understand why everyone is so against giving people the freedom to pick where they will be sent to if the servers are merged unless theres a personal reason they want to keep certain people in a certain place.

    Global server might be interesting. I know another game with a server basically anyone can access no matter where they are from so you meet folks from all over which is cool. Sometimes timezones makes it hard to meet up for things but for sure activity and population is there. In addition to this there would be regional servers with channels for specified purposes like one designated shop channel to buy and sell good then specific channels for beginners to meet up with people and get help then theres pvp tournement channels and wuest channels. Basically its broken up to help people get assistance with what they are trying to do so might be something to consider too
    .
    You were given the freedom to choose when you made your character. I'd appreciate your acknowledging this fact. You keep "pretending" you were forced to be where you are, and in reality, the only person responsible for your bad choices is yourself. ~ No one forced you to make them.
    Greta
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    If that freedom was given before it can be given again allowing people to go onto a more friendly server and one that has activity and people willing to help out. Its not as big of a deal as you all are making it out to be but like I said theres probably personal reasons you want me stuck in the place I am (I know what they are too). Im sure there are others out there who would like to move to a different server too so the merger would be the perfect time to give people that choice. People are more welcoming towards ideas where they are given a choice rather than having thing thrust upon them. I have a theory which servers will be merged and if it does happen that way Ill want to move even more because problems will become worse instead of better.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    This is the part where I'm supposed to say it's obvious you don't know how servers work, and/or, what the word no means, but I'm getting way too old to be having the same debate over and over everyday until the end of time. If I told you I am going to move into your home (whether you like it or not) and you said no; that would be the end of it..... right?
    GretaSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    If you dont support that its fine but dont interfere with others showing their support and opinions. Unless maybe you want this thread closed too? Your no vote is only one among all the rest and if nexon is actually considering this based on popularity and what the people want they should consider the positive along with negative and take into considerations suggestions people make to help improve things. We will have to see if there is more yes to support this rather than negativity to discourage people from it. I believe it was stated before that this has been going on 9 years so if thats true it is an issue the community has been collaborating on to try and solve a problem which recently has gotten worse with less activity and less over all people in the game. Maybe people quit because they dont have friends to help them so if they saw more active servers who know maybe they would return or join up. We shall see what happens based on the overall opinion of the community not just certain people who seem to focus of the negative aspects without considering the benefits it could have towards people.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    My last post is not directed at a specific person. Just like your own post is. - Remember what you were told in your previous thread, as those things apply here as well. You do not have the right to dictate who can or cannot reply. You're basically trying to say your opinion is the only opinion with value, because my opinion does not conform to your opinion;.. and you are clearly in error.

    Now, answer my on-topic questions.......

    If I gave you a list of reasons;.... would the argument of whether or I can move into your house change? -- or would it still be a no?

    What if I stacked all of the planets in the universe on my back? -- would that sway you any?

    If you think this is up for a vote or being decided on,.... you should go back and read the thread again.
    GretaSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    The fact you are argueing with me in every thread I post to spread negativity makes me think you just want to close this because if done right it could benefit people by allowing them to relocate to a better server with more friendly people where they can be happy. I would think Nexon would like to make their players happy and giving them a choice where to go rather than just throwing them together. It would be better for everyone in the long run. I have a theory you are against me choosing my server because I would be able to chose the server which certain people who constantly target me do not belong. Its the reason my thread was attacked and the reason you keep attacking me now for my suggestion to let people pick where they go. Hey if your happy where you are stay there, but if people are unhappy why not let them move to somewhere they can be with less competitiveness and more cooperation? That is the purpose of my desire to pick the server I will be in if this merger happens. Im sure others would share this desire as well to be in a better enviroment of active people that work together instead of attacking people because their ideas are different from what they want. I hope my suggestion to make it possible to pick the server is considered along with this because it is something we all need and would benefit from to be with friendly and supportive people even if that means changing servers entirely.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    The fact you are argueing with me in every thread I post to spread negativity makes me think you just want to close this because if done right it could benefit people by allowing them to relocate to a better server with more friendly people where they can be happy. I would think Nexon would like to make their players happy and giving them a choice where to go rather than just throwing them together. It would be better for everyone in the long run. I have a theory you are against me choosing my server because I would be able to chose the server which certain people who constantly target me do not belong. Its the reason my thread was attacked and the reason you keep attacking me now for my suggestion to let people pick where they go. Hey if your happy where you are stay there, but if people are unhappy why not let them move to somewhere they can be with less competitiveness and more cooperation? That is the purpose of my desire to pick the server I will be in if this merger happens. Im sure others would share this desire as well to be in a better enviroment of active people that work together instead of attack people because their ideas are different from what they want. I hope my suggestion to make it possible to pick the server is considered along with this because it is so ething we all need and would benefit from to be with friendly and supportive people.
    No one aside from yourself is trying to argue here. ~ I asked simple on-topic question(s).

    The first of which did not contain a quote from anyone and was not (as I stated) directed at a specific person.

    (which literally proves you're trolling for round 2 of your closed thread).
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    I dont see any on topic descussions in your post other than you telling me you want things your way and not to give people a choice to pick their server so they can be where they feel most comfortable and will have the best chance to make supportive friends. Its not like people own the server so you saying stuff about moving into someones house is irravant. In fact if you want to make that kind of analogy I'll put it this way I am moving out of a house that has been hostile and inactive for quite awhile to a house in another town (server) so I can be away from people causing problems. This should be a choice for me as well as everyone to pick where they want to be if the merger happens which hopefully it does to allow more activity. So argue all you want but I will hope Nexon thinks this through and helps make this happen in a way that benefits all the players involved.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    I dont see any on topic descussions in your post other than you telling me you want things your way and not to give people a choice to pick their server so they can be where they feel most comfortable and will have the best chance to make supportive friends. Its not like people own the server so you saying stuff about moving into someones house is irravant. In fact if you want to make that kind of analogy I'll put it this way I am moving out of a house that has been hostile and inactive for quite awhile to a house in another town (server) so I can be away from people causing problems. This should be a choice for me as well as everyone to pick where they want to be if the merger happens which hopefully it does to allow more activity. So argue all you want but I will hope Nexon thinks this through and helps make this happen in a way that benefits all the players involved.
    The following quote (the one you chose to attack me for) was not directed at you or anyone specifically. You are the only person trying to argue.
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This is the part where I'm supposed to say it's obvious you don't know how servers work, and/or, what the word no means, but I'm getting way too old to be having the same debate over and over everyday until the end of time. If I told you I am going to move into your home (whether you like it or not) and you said no; that would be the end of it..... right?
    GretaSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    As there is no one else posting right now kind of looks like targeting me like you did before, but believe what you want. We shall see what happens and hope that all suggestions are considered not just the negative ones. There are good things that can come of this if you would open your mind to the possibilities. What if you have a friend on another server and they are given the chance to change to your server as a result of the merger. Wouldnt you want your friend to move over to the same server as you so you can play the game with them? That is only one example of many how the community can benefit from bringing friends together by letting them pick the server after merger happens. I would make a poll to see what the community wants but I already know how that would go so I'll see how this thread turns out instead.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    As there is no one else posting right now kind of looks like targeting me like you did before, but believe what you want. We shall see what happens and hope that all suggestions are considered not just the negative ones. There are good things that can come of this if you would open your mind to the possibilities. What if you have a friend on another server and they are given the chance to change to your server as a result of the merger. Wouldnt you want your friend to move over to the same server as you so you can play the game with them? That is only one example of many how the community can benefit from bringing friends together by letting them pick the server after merger happens. I would make a poll to see what the community wants but I already know how that would go so I'll see how this thread turns out instead.
    If you had interpreted what I said properly, none of the babble afterwards would exist. There's an obvious communication problem on your end.

    If I (the average Mabinogi player) told you I desire to move into your home (another server) and you said no; could that answer be swayed?
    Greta
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    As I stated before no one owns the server so you suggesting someone has the power to deny another from transfering to a server is irrlavant. If you are given the choice to transfer say to Alexina is there a gate keeper standing there to refuse you and say you have to pick somewhere else? That is what you are implying that people will be rejected by certain individuals if they try to join a particular server which to me would be bias towards the gate keepers opinion of people. Everyone is able to join whatever server they want and everyone should be able to transfer to another server if they want to (nexon could make a huge profit just from selling transfer tickets alone) but if merger does happen the transfer can be an option as a result. Why not present people with the new servers and ask where do you want to go? It would be much easier if people pick because there wouldnt be a sudden flood of people into one place and logically people would be spread out over what options we are given. What if the two most popular servers are combined and then the lease popular ones are. One server would be heavy with activity while the other would likely be more inactive so there should be balance. Balance comes from giving people a choice so some can go one place and others can go elsewhere.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    As I stated before no one owns the server so you suggesting someone has the power to deny another from transfering to a server is irrlavant. If you are given the choice to transfer say to Alexina is there a gate keeper standing there to refuse you and say you have to pick somewhere else? That is what you are implying that people will be rejected by certain individuals if they try to join a particular server which to me would be bias towards the gate keepers opinion of people. Everyone is able to join whatever server they want and everyone should be able to transfer to another server if they want to (nexon could make a huge profit just from selling transfer tickets alone) but if merger does happen the transfer can be an option as a result. Why not present people with the new servers and ask where do you want to go? It would be much easier if people pick because there wouldnt be a sudden flood of people into one place and logically people would be spread out over what options we are given. What if the two most popular servers are combined and then the lease popular ones are. One server would be heavy with activity while the other would likely be more inactive so there should be balance. Balance comes from giving people a choice so some can go one place and others can go elsewhere.
    It's clear there's no sense talking to you for any reason. You don't seem to take in anything being said by anyone who bothers to try (it's much like talking to one's self). ~ Nexon officially declared this a no, more than a dozen times. It's not about me, or you, or the man on the moon.

    ~ They have the final say, and they've done said it already.
    GretaAtaraxizSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    I have not seen an admin come here to say this has been rejected and to me it looks like it is open for opinions or why else would you be here arguing over it? I think its because you want this thread closed as well. I will await the official decision which is up to Nexon to consider all the comments negative and positive to see if this is something that would help the community. Since it is constantly being asked about it seems like something people want. I feel bad for all the supporters of this who are constantly being shot down by negativity so they are stuck where they are at and cant be with active people who still play and do things frequantly.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
    Posts: 2,553
    Member
    edited August 25, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    I have not seen an admin come here to say this has been rejected and to me it looks like it is open for opinions or why else would you be here arguing over it? I think its because you want this thread closed as well. I will await the official decision which is up to Nexon to consider all the comments negative and positive to see if this is something that would help the community. Since it is constantly being asked about it seems like something people want. I feel bad for all the supporters of this who are constantly being shot down by negativity so they are stuck where they are at and cant be with active people who still play and do things frequantly.
    This thread (posted last February) is a continuation of the merge dump from the old forum. It remains open because, much like the spam botters, this thread comes back no matter how many times the moderator deletes it. That said, it also remains open for civil discussion and discourse, but this does not mean your opinion is the only one to be heard or that no one is allowed to disagree with your opinion (the same goes the other way with my opinion). Hence what I said to you yesterday about Facebook and private forums (this is not one). If anyone is trying to get the thread closed it's you; through devious misinterpretation and persistent trolling.
    GretaAtaraxizSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 41,845
    Posts: 5,951
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    I have not seen an admin come here to say this has been rejected and to me it looks like it is open for opinions or why else would you be here arguing over it? I think its because you want this thread closed as well. I will await the official decision which is up to Nexon to consider all the comments negative and positive to see if this is something that would help the community. Since it is constantly being asked about it seems like something people want. I feel bad for all the supporters of this who are constantly being shot down by negativity so they are stuck where they are at and cant be with active people who still play and do things frequantly.

    They are not obliged to talk about future updates or plans related to the game's development. Especially NA developers.
    HardmuscleSherri
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    If what you say is true its pointless for you to even be posting here because your negative opinion along with certain other people who constantly harass me over having an opinion that benefits others and not them specifically doesnt even matter. The fact is you already said no so trying to force your opinion on others is a bit overstepping. People can show their support without you harassing them over it. You said your peace now its time you leave unless you plan to get this persons thread closed to because you dont agree with what they want. Seems like a reoccurring theme with you to close threads for things you dont want by causing drama there. Like I said if this is rejected Id think an admin would inform us as such and you are not an admin so its not up to you to decide what threads get support and what ones dont. Flooding threads with negativity looks bad on you and Id think would violate the TOS as you are constantly instigating arguments because people dont agree with you.

    I'm sure this will likely be locked by hardmuscle reporting it as he did mine to prevent us from having something that would help the community and give people a chance to relocate to a better server. They are sabotaging this so that people are stuck on inactive servers instead of opening their minds to other options besides their own. People obvious want this to happen otherwise they wouldnt keep bringing it up. If you dont then state your disagreement then go on your merry way instead of lingering here to cause drama and lock threads because you dont like the subject people are talking about.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 41,845
    Posts: 5,951
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    If what you say is true its pointless for you to even be posting here because your negative opinion along with certain other people who constantly harass me over having an opinion that benefits others and not them specifically doesnt even matter.

    Show me in bold where we posted negative opinion and we didn't even harass you at all. Your ignorance proved to us that you only care about your thoughts and opinions alone.

    Samuelalex wrote: »
    You said your peace now its time you leave unless you plan to get this persons thread closed to because you dont agree with what they want. Seems like a reoccurring theme with you to close threads for things you dont want by causing drama there. Like I said if this is rejected Id think an admin would inform us as such and you are not an admin so its not up to you to decide what threads get support and what ones dont. Flooding threads with negativity looks bad on you and Id think would violate the TOS as you are constantly instigating arguments because people dont agree with you.

    Wow... really?
    >You post your opinion.
    >I posted my opinion after i saw yours.
    >You continued to post proving that your opinion matters the most here and you still ignore the fact we told you.
    >Hardmuscle explains that Nexon said "No." and we all heard them saying this in one of their streams which they made recently.
    >You continue to play victim here saying that we are posting negativity and we somehow "harassed" you. Like in every thread you do when someone posts opposite opinion of yours.
    >You also blame us for causing drama, but actually you are the only one making it by doing the step above i just mentioned.
    >The thread gets locked because you derail it yourself by acting innocent victim who got somehow attacked. lol

    Dude, just stop. You are ruining A VERY important thread now. No one cares about you boo-hooing how your server is toxic or how you get harassed a lot there. It's your fault alone for getting yourself involved into such things, but please not mention such things EVER in these forums. If you have any issues with players who bully you in game, keep that thing to Nexon Support. Please, JUST PLEASE. Stop constantly replying to people who have different opinion than you. We are not targeting you. You make yourself as a target by triggering others about nonsense. I don't want to get in trouble because of you so i'm not going to reply you anymore in this thread since i don't want it to get it locked because of your derailment.

    Greta out.
    HardmuscleAtaraxizLeineiSherriPlatinaKokiZurcishereYokkaichi
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Posts: 659
    Member
    Looks like more highschool drama to me. If HardMuscle has to stop commenting, so do you. So would everyone, because everyone is going to disagree with someone. If he has to stop commenting because he disagrees, you'd have to stop commenting if you disagree with him. You're being overly territorial over a public forum post where anyone has the right to comment and make a statement, even to argue with you. This isn't even your thread, how do you think it makes you look?

    If they locked the thread, there is no doubt in my mind you'd just make another one.

    Can we not have a day where someone just doesn't have to have the last word like some high school freshman? Can we not be civil here? It's obvious who has the issue just by reading the claims you both make.

    You don't have to reply every single time he disagrees. That's your decision. He's just trying to explain what he's been trying to tell you for days now, and you're still closed minded to other people's opinions, as you always were. You act like your word is best for everyone, when the reality is not everyone has the same perspective as you or wants the same things as you.

    It's not even about what he wants, it's about him trying to explain the facts to you, who refused to listen or even look it up and try to find the facts behind his truth. There is always a reason someone believes in something, and it's not always a twisted conclusion you make up off of the top of your head without any proof.
    GretaHardmuscleSherriPlatinaKoki
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Posts: 430
    Member
    edited August 23, 2017
    Hey you and your friends started drama just like in my thread so it would be closed because its not what you want. It doesnt benefit you and the truth is your scared if people are given the choice where to go they will chose a server your not on so you cant defame them and harass them anymore. Glad to see your targeting yet another thread for closure because you think you can decide what gets approved and what doesnt. Take note of this everyone if any of these people disagree with you they will spam your threads with negativity so they can report it and get it closed. Its happened several times now. Also you need to stop with this strikes system you made up because your not an admin and dont get to punish people for being different from what you want. Thats exactly what happened before I am constantly targeted and harassed because I want something that would help me and my friends move away from abusive people and have a great time without them sabotaging us. I wont stand by as people attack me over and over. The fact is is the second thread this has happened in shows you are all stalking me and other people will suffer for it like all the people who want this to happen that you are making sure it never will. Good job not helping the community get something to improve the game and make it better for them.

    Also notice ones attacking me are same ones who voted no and continued to post to try and force that opinion on others. Its same thing they did before. Either they get their way or the thread gets spammed by negativity so they can report it and make it close.