Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding the Oct. 24 Maintenance

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Finity wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Nexon doesn't work on weekends.... What do you expect?
    Still don't get the point, do you?
    I expect Nexon to have responsibility over paid services like this. This issue began after maintenance, not weekends, meaning that they had time to react to it.

Self-entitlement is a real disease in this game's community i see. I wish all issues could be fixed with a snap...
    SherriLeineiDraech
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited October 26, 2019
    I expect Nexon to have responsibility over paid services like this. This issue began after maintenance, not weekends, meaning that they had time to react to it.

Self-entitlement is a real disease in this game's community i see. I wish all issues could be fixed with a snap...

There's nothing wrong with claiming what you paid for.
    Can you read? I literally wrote "I know they're aware of the issue and it's not getting fixed right away." If you like being salty for no reason, you can do it somewhere else. Do you like calling people 'entitled' whenever they ask for something, even though they paid for it?
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2019

There's nothing wrong with claiming what you paid for. People like you are real disease in this community.
    Can you read? I literally wrote "I know they're aware of the issue and it's not getting fixed right away." If you like being salty for no reason, you can do it somewhere else.

But... I think you are the one who started to spill salt? owo
    WolfsingerSherri
  • FinityFinity

There's nothing wrong with claiming what you paid for. People like you are real disease in this community.
    Can you read? I literally wrote "I know they're aware of the issue and it's not getting fixed right away." If you like being salty for no reason, you can do it somewhere else.

But... I think you are the one who started to spill salt? owo

I asked for temporary fix so people don't have to wait with inconvenience until whenever the issue is fixed. You decided to post a screenshot of Discord chat as if I don't know they're aware of the issue. Then you called me "self-entitled" because apparently to you, I was asking to "fix the problem right away" even though I clearly stated "I know it's not getting fixed right away". That's why I asked you if you can read, or get my point. Here, I even used bold font so you can understand it. I hope you do understand it now.
  • GretaGreta
    If you know everything then why are you posting here thinking something will change?
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Can we get something done with our combo cards until it is fixed?

ZvfsASq.png

Please use Discord... At least for update checks.

Might as well shut down forums and use Discord only then.
    SherriFinityLeinei
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 26, 2019
    Oh my god... This is why you are sending a ticket in the first place. So something could be done to your precious Combo Cards... Or you actually need more?
  • FinityFinity
    edited October 26, 2019
    If you know everything then why are you posting here thinking something will change?

How many times do I have to repeat this? The issue itself might not get fixed right now, or for a long time, but temporary fix can be done to minimize consumer inconvenience. I posted "Can we get something done with our combo card until it is fixed?" because combo card revivals are still working, and I don't expect the bug itself to be fixed any time soon.

Issues here are 1) termination of premium service somehow deactivates of permanent combo card 2) people who had permanent combo card has their card deactivated because 1) issue. While 1) issue takes time to investigate and get fixed, 2) issue can be fixed fairly easily with revival card.
    Oh my god... This is why you are sending a ticket in the first place. So something could be done to your precious Combo Cards... Or you actually need more?
    I sent a ticket, and understand it's not getting fixed any time soon so I asked if anything will be done until it gets fixed, and you came in calling me "entitled" "Disease in the community" for questioning a problem with paid service. What's your problem? You somehow misinterpret everything I say. If you have problem understanding what people say, you should get some help.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    @ Finity I'm pretty sure that if Nexon could extend the Premium/VIP, they would have in order to avoid all the issues resulting from it. Also, Nexon NA (our branch) doesn't handle any of the actual programming with the game, that's the Korean branch. Unfortunately, we will highly unlikely hear back about anything until at least Monday as Nexon NA has to request a fix from Nexon Korea and that's hoping they got the request out Thursday night.

Best thing you can do is to take screenshots of the combo card's boosts so you can hopefully get them reissued once the issue is resolved or get your revival cards (whichever solution they go with).

If anyone had a guild go down too, submit a ticket.

In the meantime, everyone just remain calm and wait for news from Nexon. Personally, I'd much rather they take their time fixing something and make sure it's fixed.
    VeylaineDraechSherriWolfsinger
  • FinityFinity
    edited October 26, 2019
    Leinei wrote: »
    @ Finity I'm pretty sure that if Nexon could extend the Premium/VIP, they would have in order to avoid all the issues resulting from it. Also, Nexon NA (our branch) doesn't handle any of the actual programming with the game, that's the Korean branch. Unfortunately, we will highly unlikely hear back about anything until at least Monday as Nexon NA has to request a fix from Nexon Korea and that's hoping they got the request out Thursday night.

Best thing you can do is to take screenshots of the combo card's boosts so you can hopefully get them reissued once the issue is resolved or get your revival cards (whichever solution they go with).

In the meantime, everyone just remain calm and wait for news from Nexon. Personally, I'd much rather they take their time fixing something and make sure it's fixed.

I'm not asking for extension of free VIP/Premium. Nowhere in my post I asked for free VIP/Premium.
    I think it's hinted somewhere in forums that free trial somehow broke it.

I know NA branch doesn't handle programming part of this game and that is why I don't expect bugs/glitches to be fixed in time. Still, it doesn't require programming fix to hand out revival cards.

Nothings done in time anymore. Things are said that they'll get it done "soon" yet it took about 10 months to update VIP(I bought 7 months of it), paid name changes are said soon but still not yet, people will +tags can't even join guilds still, if you login to a different channel during dungeon you can't re-enter anymore, bugs and glitches from last year are still lingering around, I report bugs in tickets that "will be investigated" but never get replied further thus never getting fixed.
    I know they cannot process anything (that requires programming) fast enough, that's why I rather ask for temporary fix that can be done with clerical effort.

They can take as much time as they need fixing it, but at least provide revival cards for those who are affected by it, so they can use it meanwhile waiting for a fix.

+I asked around friends in-game about this issue, and some people who are affected by it didn't even realize that their combo cards are deactivated due to glitch. Only posting this issue in Discord chat really helps!

Sherri
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited March 8, 2022
    snip
    LeineiFinity
  • LeineiLeinei

I'm not asking for extension of free VIP/Premium. Nowhere in my post I asked for free VIP/Premium.

I know NA branch doesn't handle programming part of this game and that is why I don't expect bugs/glitches to be fixed in time. Still, it doesn't require programming fix to hand out revival cards.

Nothings done in time anymore. Things are said that they'll get it done "soon" yet it took about 10 months to update VIP(I bought 7 months of it), paid name changes are said soon but still not yet, people will +tags can't even join guilds still, if you login to a different channel during dungeon you can't re-enter anymore, bugs and glitches from last year are still lingering around, I report bugs in tickets that "will be investigated" but never get replied further thus never getting fixed.
    I know they cannot process anything (that requires programming) fast enough, that's why I rather ask for temporary fix that can be done with clerical effort.

They can take as much time as they need fixing it, but at least provide revival cards for those who are affected by it, so they can use it meanwhile waiting for a fix.

+I asked around friends in-game about this issue, and some people who are affected by it didn't even realize that their combo cards are deactivated due to glitch. Only posting this issue in Discord chat really helps, does it?

You asked for a temporary fix for the issues, one of that would be extending the trial of the Premium/VIP if they were able, so my bad for assuming that was part of what you were hoping to have done. Sure, they might be able to do the Combo Card Recovery Coupon to fix the card issue, but another thing is whether they CAN, as in if they have the approval to do so. If they don't have that, then no dice; their hands are tied.

We don't even know what the issue even involves in its entirety. We know the Premium/VIP update had issues and had to be taken down. It could be more extensive than we even know. So a temporary fix might not be feasible either. I know it's annoying, but just keep a log of your issues and screencaps if possible. That's all that can be done at the moment.

Wait, if you log-in to a different channel while in a dungeon, you can't go back into it? That makes sense as the dungeon that you were previously was in was in another channel. I would think that was a glitch in itself if it let you do that.

• FinityFinity
    edited October 26, 2019

+I asked around friends in-game about this issue, and some people who are affected by it didn't even realize that their combo cards are deactivated due to glitch. Only posting this issue in Discord chat really helps, does it?

You asked for a temporary fix for the issues, one of that would be extending the trial of the Premium/VIP if they were able, so my bad for assuming that was part of what you were hoping to have done. Sure, they might be able to do the Combo Card Recovery Coupon to fix the card issue, but another thing is whether they CAN, as in if they have the approval to do so. If they don't have that, then no dice; their hands are tied.

We don't even know what the issue even involves in its entirety. We know the Premium/VIP update had issues and had to be taken down. It could be more extensive than we even know. So a temporary fix might not be feasible either. I know it's annoying, but just keep a log of your issues and screencaps if possible. That's all that can be done at the moment.

Wait, if you log-in to a different channel while in a dungeon, you can't go back into it? That makes sense as the dungeon that you were previously was in was in another channel. I would think that was a glitch in itself if it let you do that.

Honestly not blaming any staff here, just poor business decision as Nexon NA in general. (Like late approval, or no actions)
    I have tested out myself that combo card revival still works. (+I handed out what I have and theirs works too)
    It works yet I don't think anyone should be buying this because of this bug.

The dungeon thing- it was a feature you could re-enter from any channel that you log onto after you d/c (the re-enter message says you will get moved to a channel that the dungeon was on) but at one point last year, it got broken.
    Sherri
  • LeineiLeinei

Honestly not blaming any staff here, just poor business decision as Nexon NA in general. (Like late approval, or no actions)
    I have tested out myself that combo card revival still works. (+I handed out what I have and theirs works too)
    It works yet I don't think anyone should be buying this because of this bug.

The dungeon thing- it was a feature you could re-enter from any channel that you log onto after you d/c (the re-enter message says you will get moved to a channel that the dungeon was on) but at one point last year, it got broken.

Ooooh, wasn't aware that you could switch channels and it would still work (never had to).
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    I mean even I suggested they extend the VIP trial while they work on these issues. I don't see why not.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Crims wrote: »
    I mean even I suggested they extend the VIP trial while they work on these issues. I don't see why not.

Yeah, same. The only things I could think of that would hinder them from doing that would be a lack of permission or a lack of capacity, the latter meaning they couldn't activate the service due to a technical issue.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Yeah, same. The only things I could think of that would hinder them from doing that would be a lack of permission or a lack of capacity, the latter meaning they couldn't activate the service due to a technical issue.

I would tell them to grow a pair and just do it. It's not going to hurt anyone. Mabinogi staff, do they really pay attention THAT much? I hate how you guys have to request permission for everything including wiping your own asses. Smh. :(
    Sherri
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Can we have the free VIP extended until this issue is fixed and we're able to buy it again? My guild service will expire soon and I don't want to lose our guild stone all over again because I'm unable to purchase more service.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765

I would tell them to grow a pair and just do it. It's not going to hurt anyone. Mabinogi staff, do they really pay attention THAT much? I hate how you guys have to request permission for everything including wiping your own asses. Smh. :(

it is not that simple, there used mabi EU servers then they decided to add content without permission and were completely destroyed and shutdown. while I agree it is kind of sad the mabi NA doesn't have more freedom to do stuff I understand why they always follow rules. how much does mabi KR really care about the NA servers anyway, probably not much so if mabi NA does something to annoy them they might just shut us down as well. just doesn't seem like something to risk losing our servers over.
    VeylaineSherriLeineiRadiant DawnWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Negumiko wrote: »

it is not that simple, there used mabi EU servers then they decided to add content without permission and were completely destroyed and shutdown. while I agree it is kind of sad the mabi NA doesn't have more freedom to do stuff I understand why they always follow rules. how much does mabi KR really care about the NA servers anyway, probably not much so if mabi NA does something to annoy them they might just shut us down as well. just doesn't seem like something to risk losing our servers over.

Logical thing to do; extend trial
    Nope, we all have to suffer being without any kind of services while guild stones poof and dura goes up in smoke.
    SherriShakayaWolfsinger