Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding the Oct. 24 Maintenance

Comments

• KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    >.> eyes stash of holy water and money. Wait I was doing it wrong? I thought you kept a stash of holy water and money for repairs always. I don't normally use vip, I bless and repair as needed. Doesn't everybody.

Frell I remember a time where if you got knocked out your stuff went to the administration offive ( I still have tickets for that) where if you didn't get it in time, sorry go get a new thingy. Or don't wear your uber expensive stuff.

I guess I'm old. Where players had to do maintenance to keep playing. Cost of playing. That's usually why I don't do raids or high end dungeons, not worth the repair bills for what I get out of them.

Still, wow, we have permanent 100% repair rate and people still complain about durability, blame the engineers for durability loss I guess...
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I mean, even with holy water, high repair rate (costs more) and the like, high end equipment wears down eventually. And I've seen some of what those cost.......
    The whales in this game can afford it, not common folk such as little ol' me XD My gear's kinda mid-tier I think and its only still reasonably cheap because I haven't put anything extra on it. Minus the weapons anyway.......PHEW-
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    That is an entirely different issue. I agree with you that some repair rates are extrodinarily high, but that is not the same as worrying about burning through durability. Before we had a permanent 100% repair rate, maybe.

We have come a long way since pre-iria mabinogi when I first started playing (g1/g2). Have a discussion about the mind breaking risk vs reward philosphy, I'll hand out the pitchforks. Otherwise I don't think people are aware of where this train ride started and what little we had in the beginning. See from my point of view, stirring up discussions how vip should be run is a lot like arguing how charging fist should be fixed. For as many people pay a lot on a regular basis for it, they are still a minority. It's like the people screaming about having the full metal alchemist stuff.

If we had x10 the number of players that japan did, maybe we'd be a focus. Being generous I assume we have less than 50k people with accounts, some days I think less than 10k. A good chunk of them don't give a damn about vip. So if say 60% of the population has, will, or might use vip. You're still talking about roughly 120,000 dollars a month of income for it. That's the salary of like 3 staff salaries probably. Would you call korea on a weekend about how that few people are minorly annoyed or do you PR and hope for the best?

The issue is to getting enough people to care that much about any aspect of the game. And assume we got them to come in, chances are the servers would be down most of the weekend. That's not something I think anyone really wants.