Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi's in-game drawing feature

XCalibieXCalibie
Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
edited November 7, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Some overseas regions have it, so why can't we, eh?
Making art on the floor with Accessories or Ghost Fluid just doesn't quite cut it anymore...

This ain't my idea, so don't shoot me...

CrDl7AY.png
  1. Picture Chat in Mabinogi?14 votes
    1. Heck yeah!
       79% (11 votes)
    2. Frick no!
       21% (3 votes)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It'd be awesome, but it'll never happen here. Considering how severe the text filter is here (type in 'Hong Kong' get **** Kong, I mean, what?). Drawings cannot be regulated. You could hand write 'Hong" and totally get away with it. MY GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN, WILL NO ONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! You could also draw "pickles" and the feet of desert dwelling beasts of burden. Writing filtering software for this would be a very difficult problem. It's easier for them to just not have it.
    Fluorette
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    edited November 7, 2019
    This is a must. Also, I want to make quick memes and configure my pet to message thoose memes, when I say like, "show meme 1" or "show reaction rekt"
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I remember seeing this feature explained on MabiNation. <3

I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of adding it; it seems like a fun little feature. However, kinda like what Helsa was getting at, (and I don't know how "well-behaved" the users overseas are, but) some jokers here (the real "children"?) would probably use it to draw Jenny Tools, words that are otherwise filtered out, and possibly to harass.
    Then we have the bots. I'm curious about the bots. If they figured out how to use it, would they spam elaborately beautiful picture advertisements for their gold-buying sites? :o

Nexon has rules on what we should or should not say... I'd be amazed if they actually released this.

There's the option of Discord, where I believe you can post pictures + many feel is superior to the game's traditional and out-dated chat system. It breaks the immersion when you're playing in game, but that's probably the best we'll get to a "picture chat" in these parts of the world. :/
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    At least give us emotes in Mabinogi...
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited November 7, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    At least give us emotes in Mabinogi...

Well there are the emotes from using alt + 1~9 that everyone forgets about cause they are extremely lame... :D

As for this suggestion it's a nice one, but it wouldn't happen cause people like to be inappropriate and would draw out stuff that I probably cannot say on these forums. :)
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    I feel that the whole "players will act like children" argument shouldn't stop this from being implemented. I mean, sure, there are immature people who'll say stupid stuff, but rather than stopping a fun new feature, let's integrate drawing and bring back a way to report players more quickly. Most gaming communities can find ways to self-regulate (to an extent), and this community is small enough that there won't be too many new players causing trouble. Anyone intentionally misusing it can always be silenced or prevented from using the draw function once reported.
    Danievictria
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I wish we had this, it would be so much fun..
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    NA disabled this feature more than likely because they feel Americans are too childish and would only use it to draw crude representations of "eggplants", "bananas", "peaches" and "watermelons".
    They're probably right. On the other hand 95%+ of the players are 18+ and there's no "disable chat filter" option client side, it would be nice if the game had such client side options even if "child friendly" is the default.
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    edited November 7, 2019
    just let players to block all visual chat, since they always carry unimportant messages. Its nice feature and why would waste it in the first place? Implement this along with visual chat block for sensetive people
    Greta
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Lutetium wrote: »
    NA disabled this feature more than likely because they feel Americans are too childish and would only use it to draw crude representations of "eggplants", "bananas", "peaches" and "watermelons".
    They're probably right. On the other hand 95%+ of the players are 18+ and there's no "disable chat filter" option client side, it would be nice if the game had such client side options even if "child friendly" is the default.

Really? Can't you filter out chat channels like party channel say?
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    Sytrie wrote: »
    Also, I want to make quick memes and configure my pet to message thoose memes, when I say like, "show meme 1" or "show reaction rekt"
    You can achieve that by messing with Interaction Crafter, I guess.