Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tell me your tales of RNG suffering

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 17, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Retalia wrote: »
    Bought a Cartel 67th Floor Lance for 130m. Burned it at 87%. Only got the Cartel.

Many salty tears.

It hurts.... I can't even bear it.

hurts enough id off myself for the time and money I wasted attempting this. D:

Worst part isn't the money or time. 67th Floor enchant soon will be non-existent item because it indeed was SAO gacha enchant. Unless Nexon decides to release the exactly same stat, but with different name enchant.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Alshian wrote: »
    Retalia wrote: »
    Bought a Cartel 67th Floor Lance for 130m. Burned it at 87%. Only got the Cartel.

Many salty tears.

It hurts.... I can't even bear it.

hurts enough id off myself for the time and money I wasted attempting this. D:

Worst part isn't the money or time. 67th Floor enchant soon will be non-existent item because it indeed was SAO gacha enchant. Unless Nexon decides to release the exactly same stat, but with different name enchant.

Oh yea, forgot about that since it had been...too long since SAO event huh.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Lovers in the Forest of Desire.

None of this is giving me a good rest. :/
  • OverlordGodOverlordGod
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Wasting 88m~ to try unlock erg 25 (Which is 5% chance) But the annoying part is that i have been failing quite a lot on making mats for the erging on 99%, it feels painful to succeed to fail at 99% several times but never succeed on 5% chance. Might be just me i guess, no clue, to me however at least it feels painful.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    A friend of mine, who specializes in crafting, calls them "Nexon" percentages. How can you not come to the feeling that they fail when it matters to you, and succeeds only when it doesn't (or waits until you have screamed out in anger first), when that seems to always be the case. If we had a complete set of data, then we'd know whether the reported percentages are . . . reasonable.

In one case I can say that the game really is random. If you've completed G10 or played the Tara jousting mini-game, you may have wondered if the NPC jousters had some kind of AI. I can recall, after some matches with the AI where it conducted some seemingly unrealistically perfect play, thinking that the GM's were operating them. So, I started keep records of matches to look for patterns and see if I could determine how the AI worked and so come up with a counter strategy. After logging hundreds of data points, it turns out that the computer moves completely randomly, not even random with a bias. Here's the weird part, after seeing what the data showed, I now see the NPCs as moving randomly; even when they do very well. It's all psychology.
    I finally got Secret Lovers in the Forest of Desire!
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • CygnixCygnix
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    150M whisper ES failed burn
    220m pure ES failed burn
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Using Royal Alchemist to get upgrades for cylinders?

Pretty sure you can't do that anymore. How long did it take Nao to do it?
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590

Pretty sure you can't do that anymore. How long did it take Nao to do it?

As far as I know, they haven't happened on Nao yet...
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited November 24, 2019
    Yeah, don't even get me started on the RNG in this game... It's screwed me more times than I care to count.

One time, 99% enchant success rate for a somewhat decent level enchant (It wasn't enough to be a big deal, but it wasn't also a low level enchant), and I got two huge failures in a row using ancient magic powder both times... It was not fun. I thought I misread the enchant, and used the normal elite magic powder and tried on a different item and it worked like charm. I was beyond infuriated.

That's just the kind of luck though that I expect to have with this game. That's partly why I originally stopped playing it because I got tired of relying on RNG. I could go on a rant about when I tried reforges and couldn't get anything... So I quit completely on reforges.