Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Golden Mushrooms

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Can you stop with this hideous over-quoting? You also went off-topic.

Let the Greta who is without sin cast the first stone.

Excuse me, but for the last 3 months you two keep making off-topic discussion in almost every thread.
    Now i understand why such rule is made, same goes with huge quotes.

Should be more than 3 months. But, y'know, it naturally happens. If not us, someone else would.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Squee wrote: »
    Well, the point still stands that, as is, the golden mushrooms need fixing. I haven't even had to attempt the gold egg thing yet, so that might be a discussion for another time for me. But the problem with the gold mushrooms is easily fixable, and really is just an overall silly problem that just comes from so many updates, but certain things never got updated with certain other updates

The golden egg is even more useless; all you can do is sell it. The easiest way to fix the golden mushrooms is make it an ingredient for something so good it justifies the difficulties in harvesting it. Then you don't have to change anything, just add a new crafting recipe; bazinga, easy-peasy.

There's actually enough uses for likeability potions with things like secret shops that it is worth using gold mushrooms now and then. Heck, there's a few players that are always selling likeability potions in Belvast like every day, and I have no idea where they're getting their stock. I think you need five likeability potions to get a secret shop usually, which does make the gold mushrooms useful. But you are right though. The gold mushrooms and golden eggs should have more uses given that they're major components to gathering egg skill and to the mushroom gathering skill respectively.
    Kensamaofmari
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    *Laughs in Wednesday Raids with a maxed likability partner*

Yeah but srsly, there should be more added, especially with.. dare I say it, that Nao server merge.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Well, the point still stands that, as is, the golden mushrooms need fixing. I haven't even had to attempt the gold egg thing yet, so that might be a discussion for another time for me. But the problem with the gold mushrooms is easily fixable, and really is just an overall silly problem that just comes from so many updates, but certain things never got updated with certain other updates

The golden egg is even more useless; all you can do is sell it. The easiest way to fix the golden mushrooms is make it an ingredient for something so good it justifies the difficulties in harvesting it. Then you don't have to change anything, just add a new crafting recipe; bazinga, easy-peasy.

There's actually enough uses for likeability potions with things like secret shops that it is worth using gold mushrooms now and then. Heck, there's a few players that are always selling likeability potions in Belvast like every day, and I have no idea where they're getting their stock. I think you need five likeability potions to get a secret shop usually, which does make the gold mushrooms useful. But you are right though. The gold mushrooms and golden eggs should have more uses given that they're major components to gathering egg skill and to the mushroom gathering skill respectively.

You can make Likeability potions and you can buy them from the rafting shop. Likeability potions are not bad, but their utility doesn't match the difficulty in harvesting golden mushrooms. So to address this you can either make harvesting golden mushrooms better, or make something much more amazing that you can also get from them. Either is a solution, of course. From an implementation point of view though, adding a crafting recipe is the path of least resistance.
    Yoriden
  • SqueeSquee

You can make Likeability potions and you can buy them from the rafting shop. Likeability potions are not bad, but their utility doesn't match the difficulty in harvesting golden mushrooms. So to address this you can either make harvesting golden mushrooms better, or make something much more amazing that you can also get from them. Either is a solution, of course. From an implementation point of view though, adding a crafting recipe is the path of least resistance.

Oh? I didn't know that. Well, that makes the gold mushrooms even more useless I guess... And that explains why some people always have them. But yeah, my first post has a lot of possible solutions to the problem to make them easier to get. But thinking about it more, it would be nice for them to be more useful as well. Maybe they could add a new potion you can make with the gold mushrooms that actually would be useful. Maybe mixing it with other herbs to create special potions. For example, they could have it where you can use it to make HP Stamina potions and use the gold egg for HP MP potions or something. We don't currently have a way to make the 300 potions from what I can see. Or they could replace the four leaf clover and we can use them to make 500 health, mana, or stamina potions. I would personally love to be able to do that since I have a lot of health.
    I think there needs to be more crafting recipes for various materials including golden mushrooms, golden eggs, golden apples.
    The current final values of the materials don't match the difficulty of obtaining them.
  • SqueeSquee
    I think there needs to be more crafting recipes for various materials including golden mushrooms, golden eggs, golden apples.
    The current final values of the materials don't match the difficulty of obtaining them.

100% agreed.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Well golden eggs are easy to get ahold of, it's just very rare to manually gather them from a chicken. (Golden Eggs can be bought from Glewyas or a Commerce Partner)
    Golden Apples are still random of course.
    Though fishing for them is far better than whacking Apple Trees for them.

But new recipes that require them would be neat.
    I wonder what they'd be...

Flan of Fortune
    Glittering Apple Pie
    Shining Fried Egg
    Golden Apple Cider

Lame naming conventions aside, I like this idea.

I wonder what Gold Mushrooms would make.
    A SUPER cooking potion that could be used as a base for cooler magic dishes than a regular cooking potion?
    A Gold Mushroom Pizza? :B
    Kensamaofmari
    edited November 19, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Well golden eggs are easy to get ahold of, it's just very rare to manually gather them from a chicken. (Golden Eggs can be bought from Glewyas or a Commerce Partner)

Flan of Fortune
    Glittering Apple Pie
    Shining Fried Egg
    Golden Apple Cider

A SUPER cooking potion that could be used as a base for cooler magic dishes than a regular cooking potion?

Isn't there some limit of buying golden eggs from Glewyas though?

Golden Egg x Golden Mushroom x Golden Apple = Omelette of Gold (an omelette too flashy to eat)
  • HelsaHelsa
    I'm pretty sure that Golden Egg x Golden Mushroom x Golden Apple = Cancer.
    Kensamaofmari
  • IyasenuIyasenu

Flan of Fortune
    Glittering Apple Pie
    Shining Fried Egg
    Golden Apple Cider

Golden Egg x Golden Mushroom x Golden Apple = Omelette of Gold (an omelette too flashy to eat)

You betcha, I think he sells 5 every in-game day per channel.

SOLID GOLD Cancer
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa

Flan of Fortune
    Glittering Apple Pie
    Shining Fried Egg
    Golden Apple Cider

SOLID GOLD Cancer

blue-crab-6075~101.jpg
    Iyasenu
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    At least to answer your question, with rain, huge luckies, partner gathers, etc. even gathering the mushrooms isn't that bad. I mean, assuming you're the only interested person at the current time and you have a Butler/Maid on the Nao server you can get around 40-80 Golden Mushrooms every in-game night on Wednesday just from the Logging Camp.

If you buy Likeability Potions from Rafting/Ballooning or use Grandmaster Potion Making to duplicate potions, you can actually hope to fragment the potions into more Golden Mushrooms than you started out with.

Flan of Fortune
    Glittering Apple Pie
    Shining Fried Egg
    Golden Apple Cider

SOLID GOLD Cancer

blue-crab-6075~101.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
  • SqueeSquee
    edited November 20, 2019
    Megasoul wrote: »
    At least to answer your question, with rain, huge luckies, partner gathers, etc. even gathering the mushrooms isn't that bad. I mean, assuming you're the only interested person at the current time and you have a Butler/Maid on the Nao server you can get around 40-80 Golden Mushrooms every in-game night on Wednesday just from the Logging Camp.

Wait what? How?

Also, I do have high luck but I have never had a huge lucky finish on a gold mushroom. I only get normal ones.

Flan of Fortune
    Glittering Apple Pie
    Shining Fried Egg
    Golden Apple Cider

SOLID GOLD Cancer

blue-crab-6075~101.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Wait what? How?

Also, I do have high luck but I have never had a huge lucky finish on a gold mushroom. I only get normal ones.

The luck hasn't gotten to you yet, it will happen when you least expect it.
  • HelsaHelsa

Wait what? How?

Let's run the numbers. I think it's two gold patches in the forest each yielding one mushroom. With partner help that's two per patch. With ten channels. We get: 10x2x2=40. Throw in lucky gathers and you've got more. If you can dig up gold mushrooms from Karu forest, then you might be able to double even that.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited November 20, 2019

Wait what? How?

Let's run the numbers. I think it's two gold patches in the forest each yielding one mushroom. With partner help that's two per patch. With ten channels. We get: 10x2x2=40. Throw in lucky gathers and you've got more. If you can dig up gold mushrooms from Karu forest, then you might be able to double even that.

Don't forget, at max disposition a Maid or Butler can occasionally give +2 instead of +1. (I don't think the other 3 partner types do this)
    Also at r1 Mushroom Gathering there's a 20% chance of getting +1 Mushroom.

And also also, you can gather mushrooms in the coral forest in Scuabtuinne.

The limited spawns, spawn time, and Wednesday limitation are still lame.
    It'd be even more lame if competition were higher.
  • SqueeSquee
    edited November 20, 2019
    How do you use partner to get more? Is it just them being there?

Also, not matter when you try, there will ALWAYS be someone there cleaning out the gold mushrooms. So you'll be lucky to get more than 8 patches before someone else has cleaned out the other channels of gold mushrooms.
    That's also assuming no one else is gathering for gold mushrooms.