Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

This event daily quest.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
Is it just me or is it WAY more work than it's worth?
TwistedxFatePumpkinRioFreakoutcastLiberateKaarosSherriRadiant Dawn

Comments

• 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    the only annoying part for me is getting the turky roast but i can see how discouraging it is to go through all that work for 1 box that gives you a crap item
    PumpkinRio
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    Helsa wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it WAY more work than it's worth?

Yeeeeeah....I was really excited for it when it was announced but after doing it I found it a bit too meh. :/ its creative though.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    It's easy. Just a bit of gathering.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I guess i'm lucky for getting Sturdy Eweca Pickaxe today?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I think the humble potatoes were pretty annoying, but the horrendous looking turkeys are 1 hit kills and you just need to cook em.

If you have good luck and high gathering skills, you will get the drops in no time at all, well a little bit of time.

Then all you have to do is to chop some wood and punch yourselves some nail and buy some paint from Walter to make a table.

---

NOTE: Do not use fish based red paint that is sold by players. Only plant based red paint works. I found that out last night when trying to cheat myself 100 gold because I found a cheaper paint on sale in AH.
  • SakiAngelSakiAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 455
    I find it kinda not worth too,I didn't really like it the first time either so when I saw it came back I was like Uhhhhaaaaaa but I'm doing it while I login for the 36min if I finish I finish if not Idc really just kills times and gives me something to do while I wait.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Of course it's easy. But what does that matter. Walking across the United States is easy if you're prepared for it.
    SakiAngel wrote: »
    I find it kinda not worth too,I didn't really like it the first time either so when I saw it came back I was like Uhhhhaaaaaa but I'm doing it while I login for the 36min if I finish I finish if not Idc really just kills times and gives me something to do while I wait.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'll probably do that too.
    NOTE: Do not use fish based red paint that is sold by players. Only plant based red paint works. I found that out last night when trying to cheat myself 100 gold because I found a cheaper paint on sale in AH.

Fish based? Plant based? Huh? Isn't the paint you can make made out of fish and plants?
    Helsa wrote: »
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

Of course it's easy. But what does that matter. Walking across the United States is easy if you're prepared for it.
    SakiAngel wrote: »

Yeah, that makes sense. I'll probably do that too.

Fish based? Plant based? Huh? Isn't the paint you can make made out of fish and plants?

Nope. Seems like they're forcing us to buy Walter's paint.
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Greta wrote: »

I'm not sure what the drop rates are on those things, I got a giant hat lol. I know the pickaxes and other items give a success bonus but does anyone know what makes the cooking utinzels better than the basic ones, it doesn't really say on the description.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Nope. Seems like they're forcing us to buy Walter's paint.

Good to know; thanks.
  • SakiAngelSakiAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 455
    PumpkinRio wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

I'm not sure what the drop rates are on those things, I got a giant hat lol. I know the pickaxes and other items give a success bonus but does anyone know what makes the cooking utinzels better than the basic ones, it doesn't really say on the description.

All the rest are from the first time this event was around only different is the Durability is higher at least for all I know still have a few that never sold.
    Kaaros
  • KaarosKaaros
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    Agreed on the not worth. Yes it's not strictly difficult, but it's also incredibly tedious and boring. It also doesn't help that both the Potatoes and the Double Yolk Eggs have to be freshly gathered. It doesn't count if you have extras from doing something else. The Turkey's aren't hard to kill, but you have to wait for them to spawn, the drop isn't guaranteed from killing the bird, and then you have to cook it. Though the table is the really annoying one. Again all together not hard, but tedious and immediately repetitive. Plus as someone already pointed out. There's really just nothing in that box which is particularly worth the level of effort involved.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I'm gonna test if the food drops (the ones with 14 day expiry) can be made into a picnic, but in 10 days. :S
    Well at least you can keep the mats for more than the duration of the quest.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Well at least you can keep the mats for more than the duration of the quest.

Wait! You can make picnics with expired food (I realize that sounds funny but there you go)?
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 16, 2019
    It's now day 3 and I still haven't started the event. I think...I'm skipping this one. Honestly I'm all evented out. I'm tired and weary of mabi and I think I'm just going to log in for 36 minutes and then log out. I'm so tired.
    pawcalypseKaarosFreakoutcastKensamaofmariSherriRadiant Dawn
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    It only takes me about a half hour to do all the gathering, it's not that bad :o
  • KaarosKaaros
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    Shakaya wrote: »
    It only takes me about a half hour to do all the gathering, it's not that bad :o

It sure feeeeeeeeels longer. Like a mentally draining slog.
    PumpkinRio
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Kaaros wrote: »
    Shakaya wrote: »

It sure feeeeeeeeels longer. Like a mentally draining slog.

Pretty much, it's not hard it's just boring, tedious and mentally draining.
    Kaaros
    edited November 18, 2019
    Apply all your luck titles. Pick up abandoned potatoes and eggs others leave behind. Gather in rain if possible.
    Chopping wood and punching light posts for nails shouldn't take more than 5 min.

Sherri