[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do part time jobs work?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 11,050
edited November 19 in Help
Do NPC's keep offering the same part time job until you do it? I've been going back and forth between Castanea and Kristel, waiting for them to offer the potato job, in order to get rid of potatos I gathered as part of doing the event. For ten game days now, each have both kept offering the exact same job. Is this normal or is this "Nexon Luck"?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,185
    Changing Channels helps sometimes, at least it does for NPCs like Simon if you're trying to get him to give you a Tailoring job instead of a Delivery job.
    Not sure if that works for the Church though, since all those job variants probably fall under the same "Gather" type.
    Ten days in a row, though, wow. At least part of that has gotta be "Nexon Luck" though.
    Or heck, maybe it does work that way and I've never noticed because I always caved and took a job anyways.

You could try Priest Collen in Taillteann, his PTJs include Potatoes.
    Pencast in Tara can also ask for Potatoes.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 28,855
    I think they offer the same one because no one else is doing it but once there are people doing them, then you'll start seeing the other quests.
    Changing channels may help as Iyasenu stated.

10 days in a row seems excessive, but I think it may depend on if they're giving you the difficult PTJ that yields more HW. I'm assuming you're getting the apple gathering one with Kristell?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Welp, were now at 12 or 13 cycles. I've tried channel toggling. I even tried shutting down the client AND Nexon launcher and starting again; no go. At this point I don't think it's "Nexon Luck" I'm pretty sure the source code is:
    if character=Helsa frustrate(Helsa);

Iyasenu wrote: »
    You could try Priest Collen in Taillteann, his PTJs include Potatoes.
    Pencast in Tara can also ask for Potatoes.

<checks wiki> Hm? Holy Water. Same Bat Times. Only two different jobs!

Care to wager whether I see if my laptop will fly?
  • HelsaHelsa
    So, I post the above post and THEN it decides to throw me a bone. I'm now convinced that the universe is NOT governed by the laws of Physics and Chemistry. It is alive and it's soul pupose is to make specifically me upset; it's not 42.
    Helsa wrote: »
    So, I post the above post and THEN it decides to throw me a bone. I'm now convinced that the universe is NOT governed by the laws of Physics and Chemistry. It is alive and it's soul pupose is to make specifically me upset; it's not 42.

Welcome to Mabinogi
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited November 19

Welcome to Mabinogi

Would that fate limited its' sadistic little game with me to Mabinogi alone.

Welcome to Mabinogi

Would that fate limited its' sadistic little game with me to Mabinogi alone.

Yesterday, for me doing Kristell's PTJ. I got potato, potato, potato, apple
  • HelsaHelsa

Things have been better today.

I have more eggs than potatoes so I'm due for some requests for eggs.
  • HelsaHelsa

Eggs are easier to unload, as the jobs require more in number, and there are more NPC's & PTJ types available to you (allowing two PTJ per game day.

Eggs are easier to unload, as the jobs require more in number, and there are more NPC's & PTJ types available to you (allowing two PTJ per game day.

I was gathering eggs for the event while having a church PTJ active (waiting for the turn in time) and I had 250 eggs by the time I finished getting the double yolks. And that's just passively gathering eggs the past week.
    ---
    Gathered another random golden egg, the gods of Mabi probability are cruel.