Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Artifact investigation skill

TenshidaTenshida
Mabinogi Rep: 710
in Help
What are the actual sucess rates of restoring artifacts per ranks ? Because damn they feel like 1% or 0% no matter the appraisal rank and the skill rank...

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Restoration success rates can be found on the wiki page for this skill.

https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Artifact_Investigation

Here's the success rates going from Novice rank to rank 1:
    f06ea68b9c.png

Appraisal never fails, of course, only the restoration part can fail.
    The upside is that unlike Voight, if YOU fail restoring an artifact using Artifact Investigation you don't destroy the artifact.
    Probably the best use for Artifact Investigation is for making sure you don't destroy artifacts used in completing Collection Books.
  • TenshidaTenshida
    I know but despite that it still feels like 1% despite the ranks. But can only blame RNG i guess...
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    What Rank are you? I have the skill mastered and I rarely ever fail.
    Early on you will probably fail a lot, though. I remember that happening.
  • TenshidaTenshida
    just achieved rank A. Funny thing. Rank F had 100% sucess rate then boom down to 0% on rank E. I wonder what went wrong with the chances.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 15, 2019
    Despite having mastered this skill, I think it's easily the stupidest skill in the game. Pragmatically speaking, there are better ways to earn exploration experience. I get it, like wine making, you rank it to improve stats, but actually making use of it? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. BTW exactly whom are we paying the gold to? Ever wondered that?

On a side note . . .
    Earlier this summer they had the free hero rebirths. They are always in the same order; an order that gives you Prof. J AFTER Treasure hunter. So, if this summer you had, say, an elven alt that you ran through all the hero rebirths to give them all the hero skills, you will have Hydra Transformation. Right now, Nexon is reoffering the free Hero rebirths, so when Treasure Hunter comes up, take that elf and make them a Treasure Hunter, permanently. Since, elves can immediately hide after plunking down a hydra, and since hydra is a poison attack that actually kills, a very low level elf can run a treasure dungeon; it's just a matter of how long it takes to kill the ancient mask, but it's inevitable.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    This skill doesn't even work for me... I can't do anything with restoring artifacts. When I have artifacts to restore, the skill says I don't have any. So I gave up on it a long time ago. If Nexon doesn't care, then neither do I anymore.
  • TenshidaTenshida
    Helsa wrote: »
    Despite having mastered this skill, I think it's easily the stupidest skill in the game. Pragmatically speaking, there are better ways to earn exploration experience. I get it, like wine making, you rank it to improve stats, but actually making use of it? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. BTW exactly whom are we paying the gold to? Ever wondered that?

On a side note . . .
    Earlier this summer they had the free hero rebirths. They are always in the same order; an order that gives you Prof. J AFTER Treasure hunter. So, if this summer you had, say, an elven alt that you ran through all the hero rebirths to give them all the hero skills, you will have Hydra Transformation. Right now, Nexon is reoffering the free Hero rebirths, so when Treasure Hunter comes up, take that elf and make them a Treasure Hunter, permanently. Since, elves can immediately hide after plunking down a hydra, and since hydra is a poison attack that actually kills, a very low level elf can run a treasure dungeon; it's just a matter of how long it takes to kill the ancient mask, but it's inevitable.

I gotta admit i don't get it why we have to pay gold to FAIL constantly... Also i don't ... well ofc i do... i mean i don't use my alts. I'm so busy with my main already i just can't busy myself with alts.