Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fusion Bolt Chain Casting Broken?

Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
Mabinogi Rep: 705
in Bugs and Glitches
I just got the fusion bolt chain casting enhancement for my spirit savage fire wand, and noticed that the fusion bolt chain casting operates differently than normal chain casting, and doesn't seem to make sense. First off, the fusion bolt chain cast will only work if one of the bolts is of your wand's element type. With my savage fire wand, I have to use firebolt in order for the fusion bolt chain casting to work. That seems odd, since the skill fusion bolt is functionally the same and shows the same icon regardless of which bolts are being used in conjunction. Secondly, it states that you have +2 chain casting for fusion bolt, which means each cast gets you 3 bolts. You can charge fusion bolt again with the same two bolts after the initial charge to load up to 5 bolts, just like normal chain casting. This works fine, but if you try to charge another fusion bolt using the same two bolts AFTER you have fired a bolt at an enemy, then the skill will auto cancel and you will start from square 0 again, charging up to a mere 3 bolts, as if you were trying to override the currently charged fusion bolt with a singular bolt magic skill. This seems like a glitch given that this detrimental functionality is never explained or even hinted at, and that it functions just like normal chain casting as long as you don't actually fire any of the bolts.

Comments

• YvonneeYvonnee
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    not sure about the first part, but fusion bolt has always set you back to square 0 if you fusion bolt again after using 1 or more charges
  • ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    Fusion bolt cancelling has always been a thing after you fire off, it's to prevent you from topping off your charges and get the hughe benefits of x5 charges

As for the wand only charging fusion with its own element + other... seems odd, because I'm able to do fusion bolt with any element on my non ego wands; plus, I've seen videos of people doing all kinds of fusion bolt with tribolt ego.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    ThisIsntMe wrote: »
    Fusion bolt cancelling has always been a thing after you fire off, it's to prevent you from topping off your charges and get the hughe benefits of x5 charges

As for the wand only charging fusion with its own element + other... seems odd, because I'm able to do fusion bolt with any element on my non ego wands; plus, I've seen videos of people doing all kinds of fusion bolt with tribolt ego.

Well... If you're using firebolt fusion with lightning bolt, it fires all your charges at once. If you're using firebolt and ice bolt, it should let you fire one at a time. If not, then I'd say submit a ticket if there's a glitch because I honestly don't think Nexon keeps up with the forum to report this.
  • HatssuHatssu
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    Not sure if its intended but sounds like its not its stupid.
    you are able to fusion bolt with any wand and staff , so by getting cc2 fusion bolt you should have been able to do 3 charges on any wand right ? WELL NOT REALLY
    Apparently if you have a tribolt with cc2 fusion bolt you can fusion bolt everything with 3 charges but for example if you have a specyfic element on a wand like a Savage Ice wand , you can only cc2 fusion bolt anything that includes ice in it , so if you want to fuse fire with lightning it will not chain cast.
    tldr its broken because it was never specified