Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Eatting for Appearance.

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited December 27, 2019 in Help
I'm finding the wiki article regarding this has left me wanting.
1) The article talks about the ranges being between 0.7 and 1.8, with the hot springs getting you to your rebirth size: namely, 1.0. The wiki talks about food yielding points of weight, upper, lower, and fullness. How do these specifically relate with the 0.7 to 1.8 scale?
2) When you overeat, say water, does it just raise weight, or does it raise weight, upper, and lower, and specifically how does it do so?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I think things like Weight +2 or Upper -1 are valued at around +0.06 and -0.03 on the 0.7 ~ 1.8 weight scale.
    There's some randomness or something like that, but each point the wiki says the food affects Weight/Upper/Lower is basically 0.03 apiece.
    So stuff like Corn Tea with a value of -15 Weight would cause the scale to go down by ~0.45 per drink.

Overeating gives you weight based on how many points of hunger restoration over your actual hunger amount you receive.
    This is why certain foods, like some of the snacks from Festia like Buffalo Wings, which convert hundreds of points of hunger back into normal stamina, will usually cause your character to max out their weight when eaten while you aren't hungry.

Overeating can also cause weight loss foods to be less effective, as the overeating weight gain can counteract the food's weight loss values.
    And of course it can also cause weight gain foods to make you gain more weight.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited December 30, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I think things like Weight +2 or Upper -1 are valued at around +0.06 and -0.03 on the 0.7 ~ 1.8 weight scale.
    There's some randomness or something like that, but each point the wiki says the food affects Weight/Upper/Lower is basically 0.03 apiece.
    So stuff like Corn Tea with a value of -15 Weight would cause the scale to go down by ~0.45 per drink.

This is part of what I'm looking for. Where did you get these numbers? These numbers seem to indicate that food is WAY more effective than I thought.
    Overeating gives you weight based on how many points of hunger restoration over your actual hunger amount you receive.
    This is why certain foods, like some of the snacks from Festia like Buffalo Wings, which convert hundreds of points of hunger back into normal stamina, will usually cause your character to max out their weight when eaten while you aren't hungry.

Overeating can also cause weight loss foods to be less effective, as the overeating weight gain can counteract the food's weight loss values.

So, the overeating penalty only effects/applies to weight and not upper and/or lower? Do you know the conversion of excessive fullness to the 0.7-1.8 scale?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Helsa wrote: »

This is part of what I'm looking for. Where did you get these numbers? These numbers seem to indicate that food is WAY more effective than I thought.

So, the overeating penalty only effects/applies to weight and not upper and/or lower? Do you know the conversion of excessive fullness to the 0.7-1.8 scale?

The numbers were from old tests done by players on the wiki.
    From viewing the actual scale of their character's body parts and noting the value changes from eating berries (-2 Weight, -2 Upper, -1 Lower) they tracked the changes.
    going from values like 1.70 upper to 1.64 seems to indicate such values.
    The values of things like -2 Weight and such are the values indicated in the game's files, but since they aren't directly referenced in the weight formula, that's why it needed testing to find out things like -2 Weight = ~ -0.06 scale.

And the overeating penalty also has some randomness.
    Like in my example above, with Buffalo Wings, if you eat one of those at full hunger, not just your weight will max out, but your Upper and Lower will as well.
    It seems to be because it builds up a certain number of "overfeeding weight gain" of unspecified type, and randomly assigns the points.

Or that's the theory. I'm not sure there was testing on the overeating specifics, but you definitely don't gain JUST weight from overeating.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Helsa wrote: »

The numbers were from old tests done by players on the wiki.
    From viewing the actual scale of their character's body parts and noting the value changes from eating berries (-2 Weight, -2 Upper, -1 Lower) they tracked the changes.
    going from values like 1.70 upper to 1.64 seems to indicate such values.
    The values of things like -2 Weight and such are the values indicated in the game's files, but since they aren't directly referenced in the weight formula, that's why it needed testing to find out things like -2 Weight = ~ -0.06 scale.

And the overeating penalty also has some randomness.
    Like in my example above, with Buffalo Wings, if you eat one of those at full hunger, not just your weight will max out, but your Upper and Lower will as well.
    It seems to be because it builds up a certain number of "overfeeding weight gain" of unspecified type, and randomly assigns the points.

Or that's the theory. I'm not sure there was testing on the overeating specifics, but you definitely don't gain JUST weight from overeating.

Darn! It looks like another case of: if I want complete answers I have to become an expert myself. Thank you very much for the info though.

Two thumbs up! =b d=
    Iyasenu