Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Changing the name of Special Enchant

KattheAzureDragonKattheAzureDragon
Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
in Feedback and Suggestions
It has come to my attention that people have been using a deceitful marketing tactic to sell their goods on the auction house. Special enchant, which drops from ancients and is r9 according to the wiki, has been used to make certain outfits appear as the more expensive versions. Recently there has been several "fake" Special Forest Ranger Outfits being sold at a price that fools users into paying for a heavily discounted "Special version." What they get instead is the basic version of the item with the Special enchant added to it to make a reflex purchase and greatly increase the price of base outfit. I am aware this has been done with other outfits that also have the Special/Non special versions.

In short, this is the new version of selling used skill books on the auction house at discounts and honestly unfair. Perhaps changing the name of the enchant to something less easily abused would be a suitable fix for this dishonest marketing tactic.

tl;dr Special enchant is making regular Forest ranger outfits seem like the special version in AH.
THICCthighssavelivesGretaFaybal

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Instead of changing the name, how about this:
    - Enchanted Items will not have the enchantment(s) appear in their name (Forest Ranger Outfit will not become Special Forest Ranger Outfit), but will instead have a star (*), like Forest Ranger Outfit *.
    - Using the filter, you can select specific enchant names to filter items down to only those with the exact enchant name you want.
    - Enchants will still appear while hovering over the item.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I love the endless ingenuity of humans! This amuses me to no end.

I think I suggested once to color code the enchant parts of item names.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wow scammers are getting creative.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    The real question is why are people buying the item only glancing at the name instead of actually looking at the item info and confirming the proper stats set effects etc. are listed?

No "the dialog is too big for my screen" isn't valid, use your scroll wheel before blowing gold.
    vamprynRadiant Dawn
  • vamprynvampryn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
    I agree with Lutetium. The "Blessed" enchant is similar in this aspect. People just need to read carefully before purchasing items.
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 5, 2020
    Next time you will be in a hurry and forget to read it or just assume that everything is normal so you decide to not look up...

Karma might get you there. And then you will be in the same boat as people who never did actually read. Lol.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited January 5, 2020
    Not-including the enchants in the description is not a good idea as often they are the reason for the sale. Someone suggested using a different colour for the font naming the enchant; this seems like best solution to me.

Lutetium wrote: »
    The real question is why are people buying the item only glancing at the name instead of actually looking at the item info and confirming the proper stats set effects etc. are listed?

No "the dialog is too big for my screen" isn't valid, use your scroll wheel before blowing gold.

I'm guilty of this very boo-boo just yesterday. You see the item that appears to be what you're looking for and the price is low, and you get giddy and critical thinking goes out the window. Entirely my fault, oh woe is me.
  • GretaGreta
    Helsa wrote: »
    Not-including the enchants in the description is not a good idea as often they are the reason for the sale. Someone suggested using a different colour for the font naming the enchant; this seems like best solution to me.

Yes, i was thinking about it too. Changing the font or/and color of enchant names in items would be a good idea. You really won't miss that.

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Colorized enchant names would be a nice feature for readability's sake, maybe going a step further and colorizing the stat bonuses of the enchants instead of everything being a mass of blue, could extend to reforges too even.
    I'm guilty of this very boo-boo just yesterday. You see the item that appears to be what you're looking for and the price is low, and you get giddy and critical thinking goes out the window. Entirely my fault, oh woe is me.
    RIP your shekels, but from what I gather you main a giant so you'd really be better served with SG heavy anyways since we get enough dex to ignore the 10% penalty and hit the 1700 cap with shine and link anyway.