Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Obtaining Dorcha Crystals

ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
Mabinogi Rep: 765
in General Chat
I've read on the wiki that the Dorcha crystals are only able to drop if you have the quest active. My question is about the sixth crystal wiki page that states you can get it to drop from Snow Wasps with just knowledge of the chain skills by equippng a chainblade.

I'd like to know if anyone has any first hand exprience, also if it's at all possible to get them after the quest is complete. The 6th and 1st are not the hardest thing to get and I love the ability to farm for some quick cash.

Comments

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    I saw it listed on AH, but I didn't want to spend 500K for it, so I went about laying out some carnage upon those Snow-Hornets. Went through dozens of them over several channels, without anything dropping, then decided to re-check the A-H again after all, but someone else apparently already bought the item, so I went back to farm-spamming. Just as luck would have it the 6th Dorcha-Crystal eventually dropped for me not long after as I was about to quit for the day whilst on my way to the Mana-Tunnel. I have not tried to farm for any more after completing the related quest but I do not believe that it stops dropping just because quest is not active. That would be silly...
    ThisIsntMe wrote: »
    I've read on the wiki that the Dorcha crystals are only able to drop if you have the quest active. My question is about the sixth crystal wiki page that states you can get it to drop from Snow Wasps with just knowledge of the chain skills by equippng a chainblade.

I'd like to know if anyone has any first hand exprience, also if it's at all possible to get them after the quest is complete. The 6th and 1st are not the hardest thing to get and I love the ability to farm for some quick cash.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 6, 2020
    ThisIsntMe wrote: »
    I've read on the wiki that the Dorcha crystals are only able to drop if you have the quest active.

False. I'm really upset if wiki actually is spreading such misinformation.
    CrimsọnTreesSherriGoldtiger01Blissfulkill
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    pretty sure you can obtain the first Dorcha crystal anytime even without the quest active. it might not drop every single time but it does still drop quite often. the wiki is probably wrong about the quest thing.
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    I finished the quest long ago, and have since had dorcha crystals drop for me numerous times. Specifically, it was the one that drops from Ancient-monsters, and the one that drops from end-chests.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wanna say that every crystal can still drop, quest-regardless.

I know I've found Sixth Crystals from Wasps I was hunting for White Herb patches, as I had found one recently.
    Same goes for the Ancient dropped Second Crystal.
    I don't fish in Port Cobh, but the Third Crystal dropping from Caverns Lord Mission still happens.
    Fourth is still in Fleta's shop of course.
    Fifth at dungeon dead end chests definitely still happens.

I don't run Coill Abyss so I'm not entirely sure, but since all the other crystals can still drop, I'm assuming that one can as well.
  • ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
    Wow! Thanks all for the replies. It sounds like they would still drop for me even after I complete the quest, which is good because I didnt want to shaft myself our of 2M every time i got a coill pass or 500k when I felt like getting white herbs.

Oh Greta, as of Jan 6th someone edited the wiki and removed that tidbit of info about the quest. Whomever it was, Thank you.
    Greta
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I still see it.
    I will admit, getting the drop on my first try does make me suspicious.
  • GretaGreta
    The First Dorcha Crystal still has that description. Someone edited all 5, but forgot the 1st one.
    Greta wrote: »
    The First Dorcha Crystal still has that description. Someone edited all 5, but forgot the 1st one.

So, does it drop?

It is the most relevant to everyone because of its high price.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

I didn't forget, per se, but I didn't wanna remove that based on my assumption...
    While I've personally gotten duplicate crystals after I'd completed the quest for most of them, but haven't ran Coill Abyss since the quest, I never got a chance to check.
    If someone here, who isn't on the quest anymore can go find a Coil Abyss pass, run it and get the crystal to drop, they can edit the page to remove that tidbit.
    Probably isn't going to be me doing that, though. I don't have any Coill Abyss passes.
    edited January 7, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I didn't forget, per se, but I didn't wanna remove that based on my assumption...
    While I've personally gotten duplicate crystals after I'd completed the quest for most of them, but haven't ran Coill Abyss since the quest, I never got a chance to check.
    If someone here, who isn't on the quest anymore can go find a Coil Abyss pass, run it and get the crystal to drop, they can edit the page to remove that tidbit.
    Probably isn't going to be me doing that, though. I don't have any Coill Abyss passes.

I tried several times. Either I got lucky on my very first try (Which doesn't seem to be the case with most people), or it does not drop if the quest is not active.

Perhaps it does but less frequently.

I did five runs total.
  • ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
    I'd have to agree on the lower frequency Bliss, I tried with my last 2 coill passes after completing the quest and I did not have any dorcha crystals drop for me, as compared to the last 6 from a few weeks ago where I had (no joke) 100% drop rate of the crystals.

Two runs is far from a scientific result but from my perspective it seems that if they do continue to drop its now up to the regular RNG gods, same as Celtic mats from shadow missions.
  • NossNoss
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    edited January 8, 2020
    After the Saint Guardian Gacha Shadow Mission conflict spamming event, I ran around 50ish coill abyss passes (I have already completed the quest) and did not receive a single first dorcha crystal. On my other characters that I did it on that still had the quest, they were able to get it every single run. I think I ran it like 5 or 6 times on them and every single run had a first dorcha crystal.

I am under the assumption that it is impossible to get a first dorcha crystal from coill abyss if you don't have the quest. It's the only reason why the first dorcha crystal is the most expensive dorcha crystal.
  • ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
    Welp... that's proof positive then. Hope Iyasenu sees this and makes the wiki update, its stuff like this that people wonder but seldom get an answer to.

Thanks for the infor Noss
  • GretaGreta
    Well this is dumb lol.
    edited January 8, 2020
    Well this is dumb lol.

Having a guaranteed drop for those who need it beats farming for it ala Avon’s Rest Book, Soundbox of the Heart, Magical Branch, Lovers in the Forest of Desire, etc.

Can’t complain about rewarding strength.
  • ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
    No complaints on my end, i loved the guaranteed drops. If i had a gripe it would be that since most strong people in my server (Alexina) have already done the quest the availability of the crystal is low (expensive); also the fact that it's kidna dead at all times just compounds to it.

Guaranteed drops of an expensive item may sound like a cash meme but it's still locked behind a not so common pass. I'd say that if it was always available, even after quest, the price would drop and normalize and those that are still intrested in farming it can, without bleeding dry the people that cant run Abyss Coill.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    If you have already did the quest, just train your giant alt to be able to clear coill abyss. It’s not that hard with the master plan event right now. Get him decent amount of STR and divine link and bash all the way. Some players including me did that to farm dorcha crystals to sell. Though I haven’t really bothered now because it takes so long to sell and people always undercut.