Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

YAY NEXON!

ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
Mabinogi Rep: 765
edited January 16, 2020 in General Chat
Nothing much to say here but thank you. Y'all heard us and renamed the "Special" enchant to help the players out with scams.

Again, thank you.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 16, 2020
    That was a quick reaction from them. I'm impressed.

Thanks Nexon.

They will get a head pat when they will fix paid Name Change.
  • AshersAshers
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    My name change has gone though fine, make sure your not in a guild, have stuff on ah or housing.
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 16, 2020
    Ashers wrote: »
    My name change has gone though fine, make sure your not in a guild, have stuff on ah or housing.

They added and then removed Name Change from CASH SHOP. It means something was wrong with it.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »

They added and then removed Name Change from CASH SHOP. It means something was wrong with it.
    mabinogi_2020_01_17_060.png?width=909&height=449
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390

There's nothing wrong with the name change per se; rather, buying one delivered an in-game coupon too, which people started selling, but the in-game coupon doesn't do anything. They're trying to avoid people exploiting this to scam others.
  • GretaGreta
    The biggest question is: why did they make them tradeable in the first place? Bruh.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    The biggest question is: why did they make them tradeable in the first place? Bruh.

Likely because at its core, they had to "deliver" an item so the account would recognize that 1 coupon was purchased (and remove that coupon during maintenance to consume it). Since it's an item that players weren't supposed to see, they didn't add any flags to it (like non-tradeable, expiring, etc.). Now they realized that the coupons are appearing, so they're trying to find a way to make them invisible again.