Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G24 sham

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    rawrnyah wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    In 2 Cravan-Liquids-worth (~20 minutes, since they last 10 minutes each) of metallurgy in the poison swamps, I think it's safe to say at least two things:

1) The gem find rate is noticeably higher than metallurgy in normal spots.
    2) The gems you do find are still up to RNG to decide what they are and how small/large they are.

First gem I found was a 1.01cm Jasper.
    Most recent was a 4.86cm Diamond.

Also you can find both beach and river version of old gems at the swamps, not that that's all that great, considering their comparatively low value.

I hadn't found any of the new gems, and the alligators are really annoying to deal with, and even Divine Link won't help THAT much, since just because YOU drink the Cravan Liquid to gain swamp immunity doesn't mean your pet will be as well.
    I guess if you wanted to feed one to your pet as well as yourself... it might be worth it to lower the hassle of "pet out of alligator aggro range while you, gathering, are within range*.

Hey, on the upside, the poison swamps are excellent for training your Divine Link's Sacred Revival subskill. :p

You can ignore the swamp poison by wearing a poison immunity set as well but yeah even with that the alligators are a pain and the metallugy spots are so far apart. Honestly if feels more efficient to just use metallurgy in the older areas rather than running around to sieve 1 or 2 nodes and getting immediately mauled by alligators right after.

On the plus side, at least you can farm bone chips in the swamp without needing another player now.

OH, SO THERE IS A USE FOR MY BONE MARINE ARMOUR NOW, EH?

*Dons it*
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I got the weekly mission to do Metallurgy 100 times so I went back to the swamps.

I was using the Belmont set for Metallurgy Enhancement and the Eweca Enchanted Metallurgy Sieve with r1 Metallurgy, so the success rates were pretty high. (still not 100%, though)

My results today werrrrre:

Star Sapphire: 4.09cm, 2.95cm
    Topaz: 1.03cm
    Garnet: 2.45cm, 2.01cm, 1.21cm, 1.57cm
    Jasper: 4.84cm, 1.65cm, 1.24cm, 2.96cm

So 11 gems overall, none of them new, none of them over 5cm.

On the upside this was ~10% gem chance from those 100 metallurgy attempts.
    Also one of those metallurgy attempts gave me a Jasper AND a Garnet at the same time.
    Woo.
    Sherri
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited January 23, 2020
    I managed to get a good roll for a increase of gathering rate on a yellow echostone, tried this with the swamp, never failed "yet" till today.

Found about 2 diamonds cm2.70 and cm1.50, and one garnet with a cm of 4.00
    Sherri