Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Mabinogi was hacked by an employee (login errors)

sunstreaksunstreak
Mabinogi Rep: 630
edited January 20, 2020 in Help
p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

I've noticed since Friday some odd login errors. Specifically, Sat channel 1 went down in the early evening. (5pm EST?) Then again, around 8:30-9 EST an error occurred wherein the client froze. All game functions were present, but my character was locked. It occurred on both evening right around me writing and sending in-game mails. This morning, 7:30am EST I logged-in to see a strange dialogue that took up my screen. The image contains some kind of data regarding the management practices of Mabi. Some whistleblower is trying to get someone fired I suspect.
The login errors are obviously because some employee; or sympathetic hacker with insider information was trying to insert this message into everyone's game screens; perhaps the mail or chat system. I submitted the photo. I have several captures of it.

Comments

• sunstreaksunstreak
    *Sunday night at 9pm EST the client froze as well
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Was it the message seen in this thread?
  • sunstreaksunstreak
    Yup. And now it's saying: "Kraken" in various fonts... it appears to be capturing rando info and dumping it. I thought for sure it was a disgruntled employee. Now that I saw the "Kraken" screen, [I know I've seen a bug like that b4...] it looks like just an angry fan hacking us... I assume some degenerate from Maplestory is mad at Nexon :P lol Tysm for the link Fluorette! I'm glad it's a known issue :)
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    FUD!!!
    Draech
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    LMFAO.

First, the crash you had was probably just servers going potato as usually. Second, the strange text you saw is apparently a reaaaalllyyy long party recruitment text most likely done by players using mods who are just upset over Nexon. Meaning the two events you saw have nothing in common.
This discussion has been closed.