Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Winter Sports Day

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited April 16, 2020 in Vault
It is time, once again, to test your skills on the slopes! Participate in the skiing and ski jump events for some new rewards! Don't forget to cheer for the Milletians who are aiming for the top score as well! Check out the details below.

141204_header_winternogi.jpg

Event Dates: Thursday, January 23rd, After Maintenance - Thursday, February 13th, Before Maintenance

Event Details

• During the event, you will receive the quest, "[Guide] Winter Sports Day has started!"
  • Find Season Pass Owner Caravan Joe in Dunbarton.
  • Register a main character with Caravan Joe.
  • You can only register one character per account.
  • Although you are registering a main character, any character can play the Skiing or Ski Jump event, but only main characters can get trophy rewards.
  • There are 3 events you can participate in:
  • Skiing Event
  • Ski Jumping Event
  • Cheering Event
  • The event resets at 7:00 AM PST.

Skiing Event

• To participate in the Skiing Event, go to the ski location by using the Yellow Wings of Ski Jump, or by talking to Caravan Joe.
  • Use the W key (straight), A key (left), and the D key (right) to change directions while skiing. You can also drift by pressing the A or D keys, and the SPACE key simultaneously.
  • You must ski in-between the flags. If you go around a flag, your score will be penalized.
  • After skiing, you can either talk to the event helper or hit the flag to go up the ramp again to try for a better score!
  • Or, you can also talk to the event helper and click on "Claim reward for today" to get a Trophy reward once a day.
  • If you manage to clear the course in 55 seconds or less, you will get the Trophy of Triumph, which will increase Max Damage.
  • If you manage to clear the course in 60 seconds or less, you will get the Trophy of Valor, which will increase Defense and Magic Defense.
  • Any other clear time will grant you the Trophy of Participation, which will increase Max HP.
  • You can also sell the trophies to a shop for Exploration EXP.

Ski Jump Event

• To participate in the Ski Jump Event, go to the ski location by using the Yellow Wings of Ski Jump, or by talking to Caravan Joe.
  • Purchase a Ski Jump Ticket from the Winter Sports Pro for 500 gold.
  • Once you have your ticket, talk to the Winter Sports Pro again to register.
  • Aim for the high score by pressing the SPACE key (jump/land), A key (left), S key (center), and the D key (right) at the right time.
  • After doing the ski jump, you can either talk to the event helper or hit the flag to go up the ramp again to try for a better score!
  • Or, you can also talk to the event helper and click on "Claim reward for today" to get a Trophy reward once a day.
  • If you manage to get a score of 1,800 points or higher, you will get the Trophy of Triumph, which will increase Magic Attack.
  • If you manage to get a score of 1,600 or higher, you will get the Trophy of Valor, which will increase all stats.
  • Any other score will grant you the Trophy of Participation, which will increase Max MP.
  • You can also sell the trophies to a shop for Exploration EXP.

Cheering Event

• Talk to Aspiring Skier Grumpy Lil Jack, who is next to Caravan Joe.
  • He will ask you to gather Cheer Energy by asking the musicians of Erinn to perform songs.
  • Talk to Nele in Emain Macha, and ask him to perform a fight song for Milletians! If he accepts, head back to Jack.
  • Jack will then give you the Cheer-O-Matic! The Cheer-O-Matic is stored in your "Me" tab.
  • Every 30 minutes, you will receive 1 Cheer Energy. Using the Cheer Energy will grant you, 1 Cheer Music Renown Seal (50) Nele/Yvona/Briana, that expires in 30 days.

Cheering Event Hot Days

• Saturday, January 25th: Cheer Energy (Nele) x5
  • Sunday, January 26th: Cheer Energy (Nele) x5
  • Saturday, February 1st: Cheer Energy (Yvona) x5
  • Sunday, February 2nd: Cheer Energy (Yvona) x5
  • Saturday, February 8th: Cheer Energy (Briana) x5
  • Sunday, February 9th: Cheer Energy (Briana) x5

Quests

Daily Quest - Ski and Ski Jump all day, every day!

• Complete the quest every day by participating in the Skiing event and the Ski Jump event.
  • When you complete the daily quest, you will get:
  • 20,000 Experience Points
  • 1 Winter Sports Day Token

Week of Jan. 23rd, 7:00 AM PST - Feb. 13th: [Event] Gather Cheer Energy with Jack (Nele)

• This quest can be done throughout the event.
  • Collect 30 Cheer Energy and then talk to Jack to complete the quest.
  • When you complete the quest, you will get:
  • Wintry Snowflake Headband

Week of Jan. 30th, 7:00 AM PST - Feb. 13th: [Event] Gather Cheer Energy with Jack (Yvona)

• To receive this quest, you must complete the prior week's quest.
  • Cheer 2 Gesture Card

Week of Feb. 6th, 7:00 AM PST - Feb. 13th: [Event] Gather Cheer Energy with Jack (Briana)

• To receive this quest, you must complete the prior week's quest.
  • Samoyed Whistle

Completion Quest - [Event] Winter Sports Day Pro

• If you collect 15 Winter Sports Day Tokens, and give them to Caravan Joe, he will reward you with the following rewards:
  • Winter Sports Day Pro Title Coupon- Strength +8, Dexterity +8, Max HP +20, Max MP +20

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The cheering seems new.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I wish I had the one with the glowsticks. :(
    SherriHelsa
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'm not sure if it's because of this event but...
    Did anyone else randomly (re)earn the very very old event title "the Ice Warrior"?

I was CCing to change which daily SM quest I had and when I CC'd I... got this:
    284d847215.jpg

So there's lots of issues with that, but so far there doesn't seem to be anything bad about it, it's just weird.
    For those that don't know this is an event title from an Event they held back in August of 2009.
    Did this happen to anyone else?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 24, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's because of this event but...
    Did anyone else randomly (re)earn the very very old event title "the Ice Warrior"?

I was CCing to change which daily SM quest I had and when I CC'd I... got this:
    284d847215.jpg

So there's lots of issues with that, but so far there doesn't seem to be anything bad about it, it's just weird.
    For those that don't know this is an event title from an Event they held back in August of 2009.
    Did this happen to anyone else?

Yes, i also received this title after re-logging. I was super confused lol.
    Iyasenu
  • GretaGreta
    I mean the rewards are cool and all, but come on.... Fishing Event on top of Puzzle Piece Event and also this Cheering Event. Why so much afk events? I'm getting tired of these event spams.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Crims wrote: »

I missed out on that one too, been looking for it forever and I've yet to see a single person selling it..
  • GretaGreta
    Sherri wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »

I missed out on that one too, been looking for it forever and I've yet to see a single person selling it..

It is so rare that i'm pretty sure the gesture coupon doesn't exist anymore. It was really easy to obtain one, it's weird that barely anyone have it.