Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How to join a guild with a "+Mari" name?

DerringerDerringer
Mabinogi Rep: 600
in General Chat
I was previously in a guild that has been dead for 3+ years. No members have logged in since 2016 and apparently in 2019 the guild became completely defunct because I was unable to leave the guild through the game interface and had to go through the website to leave it.

After leaving my old guild, I tried to join a new guild. The guild leader said that they couldn't accept me because of my in-game name (Derringer+Mari)

When I went online to try and change my name, an error window popped up with only the unhelpful message: "Guild Member"

I'm not a guild member anymore, though. So why can't I change my name? And do I have to change my name?

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Your guild application alone counts you as a guild member. The guild leader also cannot deny your guild request due to your +Mari name. You have to submit a ticket to have the GMs remove your guild application and then request a name change.

The unfortunate truth is that you cannot join a guild or be removed from a guild with a +server name. They haven't fixed this in over 7 months. They haven't fixed peoples broken mail boxes, blackrobed pets, and a number of other really tedious glitches that the merge brought on. I've been stuck guildless since the merge because I cannot join a guild and I cannot change my name. Perhaps in another year they'll fix it. I doubt it. In order to actually fix the problems, KR nexon has to care and dedicate time/effort to resolving them.

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Ouch, this alone would of given me more enough reason to take less time playing Mabinogi with these amount of issues.

Glad I am still in Alex Server.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited January 24, 2020
    C'mon Nexon, fix this stupid bug already. REMOVE THE PLUSES FROM PEOPLES NAMES. smh.
    Wolfsinger
  • MaiaMaia
    I don't know who thought it was a good idea to throw a + into peoples names to begin with. How they didn't test this, I don't know. They could have just as easily put no weird symbol and merely capitalized the server names after peoples names (IE: CrimsonRuairi for example) but nope lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Maia wrote: »
    I don't know who thought it was a good idea to throw a + into peoples names to begin with. How they didn't test this, I don't know. They could have just as easily put no weird symbol and merely capitalized the server names after peoples names (IE: CrimsonRuairi for example) but nope lol

That's what we have been saying and that is the way to fix this. I don't know why they don't just do it.
  • MaiaMaia
    Crims wrote: »

That's what we have been saying and that is the way to fix this. I don't know why they don't just do it.

Because it's too late. They can't fix it now that the damage has been done; they don't know what will happen if they change seal breaker names (for example). Not to mention names like BobMari have probably started to be taken so if they just went in and tried to make Bob+Mari into BobMari there would be a name conflict. It's something they should've done to begin with but can't go back and do now (except in the case of an Alexina merge).

Unfortunately since it's gotten this messed up, it's become an issue KR devs will have to come deal with which certainly doesn't seem like a high priority.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 25, 2020
    Crims wrote: »

Because it's too late. They can't fix it now that the damage has been done; they don't know what will happen if they change seal breaker names (for example). Not to mention names like BobMari have probably started to be taken so if they just went in and tried to make Bob+Mari into BobMari there would be a name conflict. It's something they should've done to begin with but can't go back and do now (except in the case of an Alexina merge).

Unfortunately since it's gotten this messed up, it's become an issue KR devs will have to come deal with which certainly doesn't seem like a high priority.

Their biggest priority is to release gachas and afk events.
    Wolfsinger